BBC Spends £11 Million Being a Cunt!

Dazey

How many channels do you have today with just basic tv set today? Also, anyone not pay for the licence? I never paid before it became a tax.

I'm not paying for it at the moment and quite legally too. The way it works is basically you only have to pay if you watch TV at the time it's being broadcast live or record it at the time of broadcast ala TiVo/Sky + etc.

Since I moved to my new apartment I've simply disconnected the TV antenna and cancelled my cable subscription because I never really watched it anyway.

Now I just hook my laptop up to my TV's HDMI connection and stream Netflix (using a US IP), torrents or catch-up services. Fuck paying nearly £150 for something I don't use!

Theres only no commercials on the two BBC channels. Also, 145 a year aint that expensive man.

It's a lot more expensive than nothing so I think I'll continue to be a tight arse thankyouplease! :lol: Edited by Dazey

Guest Len B'stard

I understand people whoose backgrounds are rooted in abject poverty and the lower depths often take a similar position :lol:

Theres only no commercials on the two BBC channels. Also, 145 a year aint that expensive man.

I don't remember adverts on BBC Three or BBC News...

There's a lot of channels than just the 2, off the top of my head I can think of;

BBC One

BBC Two

BBC Three

BBC News

CBBC

&

BBC Sports...

Probably more too.

How many channels do you have today with just basic tv set today? Also, anyone not pay for the licence? I never paid before it became a tax.The UK

In 2012 the UK switched off it's analog service and now everything is digital... Freeview is the new 'basic' and IDK, it's like 30 channels.

People on welfare don't have to pay and people who don't own a TV; People who don't own a TV have to be subject to inspections like once every 6 months.

They used to have different rates. You could buy a black & white TV license if that's all you had and it'll be cheaper; They'd inspect that too, before they changed it and made it all one price.

Edited by Snake-Pit

How many channels do you have today with just basic tv set today? Also, anyone not pay for the licence? I never paid before it became a tax.The UK

in 2012 the UK switched off it's analog service and now everything is digital... Freeview is the new 'basic' and IDK, it's like 30 channels.

Welcome to 2009 in the US. Free tv.

in 2012 the UK switched off it's analog service and now everything is digital... Freeview is the new 'basic' and IDK, it's like 30 channels.

Welcome to 2009 in the US. Free tv.

Hmm... I didn't know that; So EVERYTHING/all television is now digital in America? All of it?

Neat/Cool, I did not know that.

That film Wayne's World (1992), Wayne had his own TV show, like, public access or whatever, like, what was all that about? Can you do that in America?

People on welfare don't have to pay and people who don't own a TV; People who don't own a TV have to be subject to inspections like once every 6 months.

Not true. Even if you don't have a TV you need one if you watch live broadcasts. Technically they can make you buy one if you watch iPlayer on your phone.

It is if that amount is being paid in addition to a cable or satellite bill!

In the states we get 5 major channels (networks) totally free, NBC-ABC-CBS-FOX-CW. Most Americans pay $40-$80 to get all the additional networks (Sports, Music, Comedy, Movies, Weather, etc). If they had to pay an additional $12/month for just the 5 major networks they'd be pissed.

It is not such a bad deal really, as, post-analogue, you get 30+ channels under the standard license fee - well, you can get them for free if you wish but you might get a nobhead at the door. Of course the standard of these channels is, generally awful, but that is a seperate issue altogether; the only two decent stations are BBC4, which has lots of arts and music shows on, and Film4.

It is maybe a bit cheeky how you have to pay the BBC because we should, in theory, get the non-BBC channels (the BBC consists of, four of those 30+ channels) for free. The BBC sort of, bundle up a payment to them with your tv license.

But, it is not so much.

Guest Len B'stard

In 2012 the UK switched off it's analog service and now everything is digital... Freeview is the new 'basic' and IDK, it's like 30 channels.

They used to have different rates. You could buy a black & white TV license if that's all you had and it'll be cheaper; They'd inspect that too, before they changed it and made it all one price.

Thanks for informing me :). Do they actually come harassing people without TV's every 6 months though? And do you have to let them in? When we had the licence thing it was like.. kinda rare to get an inspector knocking on your door. They'd just pick random people out of those who didn't pay. People usually didn't just let them in or open the door if one happened to visit.

Snakes if you keep trying to talk like a yank i swear to God im gonna come find you and spark you out :lol:

How does he "talk like a yank"? To me it sounds like he's just speaking English without using any odd words :lol:

The word 'neat' to denote something cool is an Americanism, using the word 'butt' or 'ass' is an Americanism, using the word welfare for being on the dole is an Americanism, you don't call it getting your welfare here, it's your Giro check or Housing Benefit or Dole money, welfare is specifically an Americanism. Anyway, i meant my comment in good humour :D

Y'know what fuckin' annoys me, people from England that say dude, that gets riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight up my arse, you ain't a fuckin' cowboy, you ain't a fuckin' Ninja Turtle, you're from Chiswick and your Mums a dinner lady, accept it :lol:

• Like 1

He might have to play an American cowboy in his future career, wearing some chaps there. He has to practice his accents.

By the way, I do not quite know if it is an Americanism or an Australianism but I hate it when people raise their voice when talking about themselves as if they are asking a question; usually it is when they are bragging about their career or education: ''I work in RE-TAIL. I go to U-Ni''. Am I supposed to be interested? I also hate it when they do the punctuation thing with the two fingers. These are actually the same type of people who walk around with gigantic plastic cups of coffee haha. Wankers.

Guest Len B'stard

That's cool.

Uh-huh

Sure...

I talk how I want, ya get me Watford High Street boi'

It don't have to be like this, Watford ain't far from you and Thornton Heath ain't far from me, we could have a real chat about this if it's about calling me 'boy', you understand what I mean? Don't fuckin' embarrass yourself mate cuz two slaps and I'll straighten your fuckin' Yellowman face out you little no mark.

Little fuckin' guitar playing bedroom monkey fancies himself a fuckin' badman, don't get fuckin' cheeky you little chief or i'll come shag you like a woman.

Edited by sugaraylen

That's cool.

Uh-huh

Sure...

I talk how I want, ya get me Watford High Street boi'

It don't have to be like this, Watford ain't far from you and Thornton Heath ain't far from me, we could have a real chat about this if it's about calling me 'boy', you understand what I mean? Don't fuckin' embarrass yourself mate cuz two slaps and I'll straighten your fuckin' Yellowman face out you little no mark.

Little fuckin' guitar playing bedroom monkey fancies himself a fuckin' badman, don't get fuckin' cheeky you little chief or i'll come shag you like a woman.

Oh you wanna get rude to me now fam'

Yeah, i thought as much ;)

I'm proud to be white and I'm not a racist.

White pride is not black hate, BUT growing up around cocky black people who tell you that black people are stronger than white people makes me want to be the best.

(If I'm honest) In my mind I can be so racist if I want to be just because I'm that arrogant and I start going on fitness and coolness, even against my own race/white people too, but... That's only when I'm feeling cocky. - but that's not cool, no, fuck racism, that pisses me off, and so what if I'm white.

No one chose to be born but still love the skin you're in... There are a lot of social classes and politeness and happiness issues to worry about, before bringing up my race.

It's something I'm used to and is my lot in life and I'm really trying not to get wiped out. I don't care what my children are but I hate it when people are all in support of me because they want to see an end to the white race, 4 real, a friend said that to me once and that silently vexed me. He didn't mean to kill white people, but he did say he wanted to breed us out, I'm like, (In my head) thinking HOLD UP! WTF! WHAT THE HELL, I'm dealing with that ignorance, nah, life pisses me off when I'm reminded about the reality of different races and the amount of poor trampy white people too who, must let these negative things they're fed with get to them, but then the disproportionally well off white people too, and all the up and coming minorities... not to mention all the foreign money, the super rich people not from the UK living in London and gentrification and money, because when I really think about it it's the same day to day monotony that I'm usually oblivious to because I'm not happy since I can't even get the free things I want out of life.

I mean, it's random enough I live where I live as it is but I love life, so what if the people I know are brown and some of them from around the world and a lot of the white people I know are from; Portugal, France, Lithuania, Italy, Germany... I also know black people from Spain still. - so what, that's life, felt like Star Trek DS9 when I was in school, was cool

Might write a power ballad

Or a bad arse rap song

Fuck it.

Edited by Snake-Pit

You tell him, Snake!

------

Didn't read the whole thread and sorry if it was already answered but does it count if you have more than one TV at home? Do you have to pay more?

I honestly think this license thing is not that bad. All the countries that have a public television are paying for it somehow, so at least this way those who don't watch it don't have to pay.