Are Current Members of GNR Still Hoping for a New Album?

It's hard to tell. They must as aware as we are regarding new music. Just read/watch any interview and they'll say "you're asking the wrong guy". Beta and Fernando, even though are not part of the band probably have a clue.

BBF recorded a solo on Atlas Shrugged but doesn't know what's going on with the rest of the song, I'm sure he's at the end of his tether. Ashba bangs on about they had three albums recorded and now everyone else has countless songs, he insists an album will be made yet how long has he been in the band and never tweeted about jamming except hearing Axl play a hotel piano. Fortus has been hoping a new album comes out 'next year' every year it seems. Pitman hopes for a synth solo and a tambourine battle with Dizzy.

Axl's understanding of 'new music' has been deleted by some interstellar freaks who dropped by one night on a drunken spacecraft drive over the Malibu hills, they saw a giant white house with a ginger dude punching his jacuzzi cause it was making too many bubbles (You are a little bathtub on a power trip, I'll punch your lights out right here and righ-') and thought it'd be fun to shoot their loopy laser into his eyes before swooshing back up to BongoTroglodyte or wherever the fuck they came from and it just happened to erase two words from his comprehension forever, he sometimes grasps the concept whilst onstage and realizing he's still opening with Chinese Democracy but then the light (and cursed bubbles) blinds him again and we go into the numb comfort of Jungle, ISE, Brownstone and the hope dies for another night.

Gn'R and new music in the same sentence? Funny.

In 4 seperate parallel universes different scenarios have already played out.

Universe 1: GN'R went on to release a new album in 1996. It sold millions and the band stayed on top. Axl made up with the rest of the band and they are still together today.

Universe 2: The band broke up in 1996 and Axl was able to get his new lineup together in time for the release of CD in 1999. Fan curiosity drove it to sell millions based on the fact that Axl had been reclusive since 1993.

Universe 3: CD was released between 99 and 2002. It sold well but soon the same lineup troubles plagued Axl. Bucket and Robin both left. Realizing nuGNR had become a failure, Axl reconciled with Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven/Matt and the GN'R reunion became the biggest concert tour of the 2000s.

Universe 4: Everything played out the exact same way as it has now, but the morning Slash showed up at Axl's house, Axl told Beta to fuck off and let Slash in. The two talked and since then, the reunion of the real GN'R has gone on strong with the band already having released 2 new albums. The tour was the biggest thing to happen to music in a loooooong time.

Edited by SlashisGOD
  • Like 2

I just read the new DJ interview where he says when he joined GNR, they had enough material for 3 albums, but it's a matter of sitting down and taking the time to see which songs they would want to be on a new album.

I've heard this before from everyone except Axl, so who knows? Is it left over songs from the first CD? Unless, Axl says something definite about new songs and a new record, I don't think it'll happen.

Axl has never said anything definite. It's always maybe down the road. How long does Axl think he has to keep up the singing and performing? lol

I just read the new DJ interview where he says when he joined GNR, they had enough material for 3 albums, but it's a matter of sitting down and taking the time to see which songs they would want to be on a new album.

I've heard this before from everyone except Axl, so who knows? Is it left over songs from the first CD? Unless, Axl says something definite about new songs and a new record, I don't think it'll happen.

Axl has never said anything definite. It's always maybe down the road. How long does Axl think he has to keep up the singing and performing? lol

Axl knows the material is too bad so he is wise not to release it..

I think you can sense it from the collective that this isn't going to happen for them.

The best they will get is covering some Robin and Axl tunes that are in the vault.

Even the EMO Manchild has cooled down his sales pitch.

That interview with BBF finished it for me, the man is genuinely and completely fucked off that creativity isn't part of the GNR gig and nobody has explained to him why.

Axl can't face the hassle of explaining himself and GNR using material from these guys. It's that simple.