why didn't slash ever stand up to axl

Because Axl is an unreasonable person. I bet Slash and Axl have had countless arguments during the UYI tour. What about those 4 hour phone calls almost everyday trying to reach a compromise? What about those issues with Slash and Duff at A&M Studios?

The main problem is that Axl doesn't like to be confronted, he has forced himself in a dream world where nobody questions what he wants to do or how he wants to do it and look at him now. One mediocre album in 20 years and a band filled with replacements of the members that were in his original vision after real Guns N' Roses broke up. What happened? Where are those songs and records and albums and members that would make each and every Guns N' Roses fan forget about the old line-up? :rolleyes:

Axl is also known for blaming others when things are his own fault. He praised Izzy then Izzy left. He started to talk shit about him, dedicated Double Talkin' Jive to him during almost the entire UYI tour like a butthurt 10 year old. He told everyone who wanted Izzy: "FUCK IZZY, GILBY CLARKE!" (which you can hear in bootlegs like Argentina, 1993) then fired Gilby and talked shit about him. He praised Matt Sorum for his work in the UYIs, then fired Matt and talked shit about him.

He praised Slash, thanked him for his guitar melodies on Estranged in the UYI booklet, then said that he should have left after Lies. Called Slash a cancer that better removed but... what happened Axl? You remove a cancer, you don't wait until the cancer walks away. Why you didn't tell Slash to leave Guns? Why did you try so hard to get Slash back in the band after he left? Why did you want Slash for 2 or 3 Chinese Democracy songs? It looks like you loved to have the cancer in your system. :rolleyes:

He praised Buckethead, then Buckethead left because the band was inactive and he went to talk shit about him, blaming him for the cancellation of RIR 2004. Reducing his royalties to a ridiculous percentage. Stating that Buckethead was very difficult to work as he didn't want to move forward with recordings. Really funny because according to Buckethead, he left because of the same thing.

Question is, when is it going to be his own fault? How do you deal with a person like that?

At this point, I couldn't be happier things happened this way. I would have loved if Axl would have done something else with the name but in the end, whatever has happened with Guns after all the "drug addicts uncompromising scumbags" quit, it is 100% Axl fault. Just because Axl keeps using the same, old, boring, overused, overexaggerated, ridiculous statement using words like "expense" "lied to" "misguided" "deluded" doesn't mean that he's telling the truth.

"Go on! Back ur boy! But when he says he never killed no one that ain't exactly true. Yeah, that's right, stone cold." - I think he's talking about Todd Crew's death, but Todd died in 1987. Sounds like he was digging up reasons he hates Slash and had to go way back to find one, but if this is how he felt, he still worked with the guy. Never a mention of why he built up resentment against Slash, or what Slash did to him over the years, he kept saying things about being a cancer and spreading malicious lies, yet never said what was going on where he tried to hurt him in any way.

I don't see Ron leaving (period) but if he did I don't think it would be such a big deal, he'd just get replaced by some other generic widdle diddle shredder.

It's not like Ron Thal is what makes the GNR machine run...sure he is one of the two guitarists in the band that can competently play the material but no big deal.

We'll see Bumblefoot leave within two years and Axl will retreat further into his shell whilst wondering how dare he!

I'm looking forward to that. I suspect Ron is the most likely to bitterly break his confidentiality agreement.

Chinese Democracy is hardly "mediocre." I was listening to it today on my jog for the first time in a while. Great fuckin' album. Haters gonna hate.

Let me add, all of this is speculation. We weren't there, we don't know what really happened or why the original band imploded. All of this is speculation, same old dumb talking points and Axl bashing as usual.

Edited by RichardNixon

"Go on! Back ur boy! But when he says he never killed no one that ain't exactly true. Yeah, that's right, stone cold." - I think he's talking about Todd Crew's death, but Todd died in 1987. Sounds like he was digging up reasons he hates Slash and had to go way back to find one

While I agree that he was definitely talkin' about Slash in that tweet (no other person in the world would make Axl so butthurt), I don't think it was about Todd. I think he meant that if you want to support and believe Slash because you think he's innocent, you're wrong. Something like that.

Axl should have done a solo record in 1994-6 and then got back on the horse and continued with GnR.

I know there is a school of thought that says he stood up for what he beleived in but at what cost? Time is a massive healer and its time for them to make up, especially Axl and Slash. Only problem is, what they had is gone forever. Even if they reformed it would be 1991 again.

I accept this and go see New GnR when they roll through town and I love them but its not 1991.