American History X

This movie is the definition of why Edward Norton is a brilliant actor. So versatile in a lot of his roles. Great film.

God, Fairuza Balk! She was in everything for a while.

Lol yeah, she had an odd run for awhile. I have a soft spot for The Craft :lol: Neve Campbell, Fairuza, Robin Tunney at such a young age...

• Like 2

This movie is the definition of why Edward Norton is a brilliant actor. So versatile in a lot of his roles. Great film.

Lol yeah, she had an odd run for awhile. I have a soft spot for The Craft :lol: Neve Campbell, Fairuza, Robin Tunney at such a young age...

I just recently watched the pilot episode of House on Netflix and wondered how Robin Tunney ended up in a fairly small role....in a pilot episode of a show (that at the time, no one knew would succeed)....just thought it was "beneath" her level, considering she was doing some pretty big movies a few years earlier.

I just recently watched the pilot episode of House on Netflix and wondered how Robin Tunney ended up in a fairly small role....in a pilot episode of a show (that at the time, no one knew would succeed)....just thought it was "beneath" her level, considering she was doing some pretty big movies a few years earlier.

She's actually pretty active, maybe the most out of the three. She has a main role in a show called The Mentalist that i've never gotten around to actually watching, but it's gotten some good reviews. 6 seasons in.

She's actually pretty active, maybe the most out of the three. She has a main role in a show called The Mentalist that i've never gotten around to actually watching, but it's gotten some good reviews. 6 seasons in.

Yeah, I "wiki'ed" her....she was also in the Zodiac...and some other fairly decent movies....strange that I don't remember her roles that much. :shrugs:

Guest Len B'stard

It's an OK film, Ed Nortons great in it but quite frankly the film has serious serious SERIOUS script problems. They had a major thing with re-writes and arguments with the director who apparently considered the final editing to be an ad infinitum process and quite frankly the shit shows on the film.

Cuz, OK, this guys a racist to the point of getting a swastika tattooed on his chest and like, defining himself through this particular affiliation...so why did he suddenly switch on this shit, at the drop of a hat, his reasons for this massive about turn in his life is really like, outta nowhere and just poorly written. I mean he finds out they're selling drugs from the Mexicans to their own in prison and that turns him suddenly against the entire enterprise of white nationalism, just based on what some prison clique engage in? And oh yeah, a jive-talking black guy in a laundry room :lol:

I mean he gets raped cuz of his aggression towards that particular group of prison psycho's...but how does that change all those deep seated beliefs suddenly? To the point of suddenly having a black mate right away, it's just seriously flimsy and poorly written...that bit is anyway, come to that a lot of the film is poorly written.

And GOD if it isn't fuckin' preachy, it really does beat you over the head with it. Beverley D'Angelo was fucking awful in it too...in fact pretty much everyone was instead of Ed Norton and Ed Furlong...and even his screeching gets annoying after a while, Ethan Suplee just plays Ethan Suplee in every movie he's in.

Good movie, enjoyable...but certainly not this great amazing piece a lot of people make it out to be.

• Like 1

articular affiliation...so why did he suddenly switch on this shit, at the drop of a hat, his reasons for this massive about turn in his life is really like, outta nowhere and just poorly written. I mean he finds out they're selling drugs from the Mexicans to their own in prison and that turns him suddenly against the entire enterprise of white nationalism, just based on what some prison clique engage in?

You completely missed the point :facepalm:

He turned out, because of his friendship with the dude in the laundry plus of his ass raped by the white supremacist

he even said that the guy who dealed with the mexicans doesn't BELIEVE in anything....

Plus Dr. Sweenie is a major influence for Derek especially on his high school days. At one scene the director shows that his father was a racist too and fathers death made him a nazi and turned out to be that old nazi fart's (Cameron or who) left hand

Edited by Crash Diet

Guest Len B'stard
articular affiliation...so why did he suddenly switch on this shit, at the drop of a hat, his reasons for this massive about turn in his life is really like, outta nowhere and just poorly written. I mean he finds out they're selling drugs from the Mexicans to their own in prison and that turns him suddenly against the entire enterprise of white nationalism, just based on what some prison clique engage in?

He turned out, because of his friendship with the dude in the laundry plus of his ass raped by the white supremacist

he even said that the guy who dealed with the mexicans doesn't BELIEVE in anything....

Plus Dr. Sweenie is a major influence for Derek especially on his high school days. At one scene the director shows that his father was a racist too and fathers death made him a nazi and turned out to be that old nazi fart's (Cameron or who) left hand

No, you're missing my point, those things aren't enough to change someones mind on that shit. What because jailbirds are flimsy in their convictions then suddenly its all meaningless? It's not just me saying this shit, this thing was kinda laughed at critically when it came out, I'm not the first to point this shit out, particularly the bit about the script problems and how they resulted in a flimsy core to the plot.

So basically, because prison Nazi's are crooked he did an about turn on his principles? How does that suddenly make it so his distaste for black people vanishes?

No, you're missing my point, those things aren't enough to change someones mind on that shit. What because jailbirds are flimsy in their convictions then suddenly its all meaningless? It's not just me saying this shit, this thing was kinda laughed at critically when it came out, I'm not the first to point this shit out, particularly the bit about the script problems and how they resulted in a flimsy core to the plot.

So basically, because prison Nazi's are crooked he did an about turn on his principles? How does that suddenly make it so his distaste for black people vanishes?

When it came out, it got notice for the performances and for the fact that the director accused Norton and New Line of hijacking his film and hated the released version so much he ultimately disowned it. It has a weirdly potent sway over young white dudes, though. Don't understand why, don't want too. :lol:

It has a weirdly potent sway over young white dudes, though. Don't understand why, don't want too. :lol:

There is definitely some truth to this. My house mates in college were obsessed with the film.

Edited by Kasanova King