How much is truly in the Vault?

So the guy has released one album of his music in along time. He's a musician who has a lot of time on his hands when he's not touring. How much material/ideas/and songs do you think Axl really has hoarded? Or does he not have shit other then Afew leftover Chinese songs and tons of instrumental shit from the sessions?

I think this guy has loads of shit hoarded.. Believe in the Trilogy I must.. I hope he recorded loads of vocals during all those sessions and there's tons of killer vocal takes we are yet to hear.. Remix TIL gives me strong hope! I wonder what else he recorded with those vocals why wouldn't he! Even if next album is subpar songs, it could be awesome with Great Axl vocals.

I always figured 40, absolute tops. At various stages of completion.

And this includes the 14 we already have.

40 seems a solid number. Add the other confirmed titles were have way there..Going Down blows my fuking mind that if just came out of nowhere and is a Tommy song! If other members have put down vocals on nu or nunu songs surely Axl has also.

Can't wait to hear Instrumental 34, it's Robin's favorite.

Lol that's from one if his interviews isn't it?

• Like 1

I'd heard they have around 60 songs, 20 of which were in an A list and the rest in a B list. Throw in remixes, instrumentals and of course various versions of each of these songs (different solos from different guitarists etc) and I'd say the vault pretty well stocked.

I'd heard they have around 60 songs, 20 of which were in an A list and the rest in a B list. Throw in remixes, instrumentals and of course various versions of each of these songs (different solos from different guitarists etc) and I'd say the vault pretty well stocked.

Say 20 a listers.. Do you think Axl used 14 on Chinese?

Depends.

How much AFD/UYI quality songs are in the vault? Probably zero.

How much shit is in the vault? Tons.

I don't think AFD quality material exists on this earth yet alone Axls vault..

Depends.

I seriously hope not, cauz if Scrapped is an A lister then I'm outta here! lol

Depends.

Axl never released a bad album of original material imo. The General was mentioned by a bunch of people in and outside of the band and it seems to be an AAA track. Freese said he wrote 3 or 4 AAA songs and only 1 appeared on the album we got.

Jackie Chan already sounds way better then Scraped.

Depends.

Axl never released a bad album of original material imo. The General was mentioned by a bunch of people in and outside of the band and it seems to be an AAA track. Freese said he wrote 3 or 4 AAA songs and only 1 appeared on the album we got.

Jackie Chan already sounds way better then Scraped.

^ As far as I was aware The General was one of the A list - I'm gonna take a guess at Atlas - no idea on what other songs are in A list - I wonder if Going Down was A list or not? For me it is, and if that was B list and Scrapped was A list then... I don't know... I just don't know...

I doubt there is a phsyical vault (I have visions of a western jail vault, a big metal square box, with numerous gnr fans trying to blow open the hatch with TNT before making a getaway). Axl probably has a section of his studio for storage purposes, with lines of DATS.

5 amazing songs, a mountain of BBF's ideas in data sticks - they've now arranged themselves into a strange forest too, even the sticks themselves have grown sentience and gathered sticks and branches whittling them down to miniscule scale, a binbag of ashba's carnival dementia - oh god that tms for me lest he steal it like the vapid vulture he is - ideas that all seem to have bad bends and bursts of shredding (he's got notes attached to each saying ''ASHBA crowd interaction moment at :15, :45, 1:15, 1:45, :2:30-3:45, 4:45' they are all five minutes exactly long so he can keep his actions unpredictable when they play them live, the severed and glassy eyed head of Azoff, some noodles and remixes, 3 unfinished songs with Buckethead's maniacal laughter trapped ghost-like in them (Axl's had 3 exorcists but they all failed and ended up addicted to KFC), a grotty noticeboard with a big red gunsight painted over the site banner (MYGNR) lists of usernames and post history and their potential affiliations to Slash or Warren Beatty or Tyler Durden, a pile of luminous yellow raincoats, confiscated fanmail from MYGNR members asking why Axl is obese and whether they can send him some wigs, a paddling pool full of tiny piranhas sent by Steven Adler's hitman and a tattered voodoo doll of madison with a label saying 'your reign of terror n' bile spewing sycophantic shit-kickin' conundrums n' grotesque gregarious ghoul-clad grandiose claptrap crap-in-a-bag is over - Axl 1 - Slash 0 what's so civil about a cold war, anyway?'

Oh yeah and Jack Skellington is locked in a closet, Axl's paranoid he might go to the Velvet Revolver singing auditions, he's as wondrous a singer as he is Ashbaswag shareholder.

jack-skellington.jpg

Better Than The Stitched One.

Edited by RandallFlagg
  • Like 3

5 amazing songs, a mountain of BBF's ideas in data sticks - they've now arranged themselves into a strange forest too, even the sticks themselves have grown sentience and gathered sticks and branches whittling them down to miniscule scale, a binbag of ashba's carnival dementia - oh god that tms for me lest he steal it like the vapid vulture he is - ideas that all seem to have bad bends and bursts of shredding (he's got notes attached to each saying ''ASHBA crowd interaction moment at :15, :45, 1:15, 1:45, :2:30-3:45, 4:45' they are all five minutes exactly long so he can keep his actions unpredictable when they play them live, the severed and glassy eyed head of Azoff, some noodles and remixes, 3 unfinished songs with Buckethead's maniacal laughter trapped ghost-like in them (Axl's had 3 exorcists but they all failed and ended up addicted to KFC), a grotty noticeboard with a big red gunsight painted over the site banner (MYGNR) lists of usernames and post history and their potential affiliations to Slash or Warren Beatty or Tyler Durden, a pile of luminous yellow raincoats, confiscated fanmail from MYGNR members asking why Axl is obese and whether they can send him some wigs, a paddling pool full of tiny piranhas sent by Steven Adler's hitman and a tattered voodoo doll of madison with a label saying 'your reign of terror n' bile spewing sycophantic shit-kickin' conundrums n' grotesque gregarious ghoul-clad grandiose claptrap crap-in-a-bag is over - Axl 1 - Slash 0 what's so civil about a cold war, anyway?'

Oh yeah and Jack Skellington is locked in a closet, Axl's paranoid he might go to the Velvet Revolver singing auditions, he's as wondrous a singer as he is Ashbaswag shareholder.

The-Nightmare-Before-Christmas-nightmare

Better Than The Stitched One.

• Like 1

So the guy has released one album of his music in along time. He's a musician who has a lot of time on his hands when he's not touring. How much material/ideas/and songs do you think Axl really has hoarded? Or does he not have shit other then Afew leftover Chinese songs and tons of instrumental shit from the sessions?

I think this guy has loads of shit hoarded.. Believe in the Trilogy I must.. I hope he recorded loads of vocals during all those sessions and there's tons of killer vocal takes we are yet to hear.. Remix TIL gives me strong hope! I wonder what else he recorded with those vocals why wouldn't he! Even if next album is subpar songs, it could be awesome with Great Axl vocals.

For some reason I don't think Axl has done a lot of work on new music since 2008. He might be continuously tinkering on some song sketches but I doubt he has like composed a shitload of songs these last years. He comes off as a sort of meticulous, slow writer (like with November Rain and This I Love). The question is how much did he get done before 2008. We have many quotes on him being a hard-worker when in the studio, but still I believe he is much of a perfectionist so although he might be putting in lots of hours when he is in the zone it might not really result in that much ready music.

That being said, we do know that these songs exist in various stages of completion: The General (supposed to come out on the third album and described as one of three unreleased A-listed songs), Quick Song, Zodiac, Thyme, Ides of March, Atlas Shrugged, Down by the Ocean, Seven (another of the A-listed songs), Berlin (aka Oklahoma), Jackie Chan (aka Checkmate), Silkworms, Leave me Alone (the last of the A-listed songs), Soul Monster and Goin' Down. That's 14 songs although some of them may be different names for the same songs. Still, it is more or less a full record. And there are probably old songs we haven't heard of before, like with Goin' Down until just recently. That's almost as enticing, knowing there are perhaps songs completely finished just waiting. So who knows how many "almost finished" songs exist from the CD sessions? Perhaps much more than this. And then we have riffs, sketches, melodies, etc that may be turned into complete songs. I suppose there are endless DATs of such things.

In addition we have the remixes Brain has been working on. This is supposedly a record of songs more or less ready to go.

Lastly we have new songs the band may have worked on. We know many of the band members have worked on new music, alone or in small groups. I doubt Axl has recorded any vocals to any of this, but I wouldn't be surprised if there an album worth of songs in partial stages of completion.

When can new music be released? Dj admitted earlier today they don't have anything ready for the shelves right now, but I suppose if Axl takes a year now to work on the songs from the CD sessions they might have a finished record in a year. I highly doubt it can be finished earlier, but this is just conjecture from my part. In a not so good scenario Axl will need lots more time. And then comes the process of actually getting it out, which can take years...

Edited by SoulMonster

For some reason I don't think Axl has done a lot of work on new music since 2008. He might be continuously tinkering on some song sketches but I doubt he has like composed a shitload of songs these last years. He comes off as a sort of meticulous, slow writer (like with November Rain and This I Love). The question is how much did he get done before 2008. We have many quotes on him being a hard-worker when in the studio, but still I believe he is much of a perfectionist so although he might be putting in lots of hours when he is in the zone it might not really result in that much ready music.

That being said, we do know that these songs exist in various stages of completion: The General (supposed to come out on the third album and described as one of three unreleased A-listed songs), Quick Song, Zodiac, Thyme, Ides of March, Atlas Shrugged, Down by the Ocean, Seven (another of the A-listed songs), Berlin (aka Oklahoma), Jackie Chan (aka Checkmate), Silkworms, Leave me Alone (the last of the A-listed songs), Soul Monster and Goin' Down. That's 14 songs although some of them may be different names for the same songs. Still, it is more or less a full record. And there are probably old songs we haven't heard of before, like with Goin' Down until just recently. That's almost as enticing, knowing there are perhaps songs completely finished just waiting. So who knows how many "almost finished" songs exist from the CD sessions? Perhaps much more than this. And then we have riffs, sketches, melodies, etc that may be turned into complete songs. I suppose there are endless DATs of such things.

In addition we have the remixes Brain has been working on. This is supposedly a record of songs more or less ready to go.

Lastly we have new songs the band may have worked on. We know many of the band members have worked on new music, alone or in small groups. I doubt Axl has recorded any vocals to any of this, but I wouldn't be surprised if there an album worth of songs in partial stages of completion.

When can new music be released? Dj admitted earlier today they don't have anything ready for the shelves right now, but I suppose if Axl takes a year now to work on the songs from the CD sessions they might have a finished record in a year. I highly doubt it can be finished earlier, but this is just conjecture from my part. In a not so good scenario Axl will need lots more time. And then comes the process of actually getting it out, which can take years...

those are confirmed I the the said A-list songs? If So then the izzy song is an A list in Axls mind that's intriguing.

those are confirmed I the the said A-list songs? If So then the izzy song is an A list in Axls mind that's intriguing.

Here's the quote that I believe is the root of the "A-list songs":

"Leave Me Alone," "Seven," and "The General" could also feature on the new album. These three A-listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami, especially "Seven," which Marco deems as the best of the three songs. It has also been reported that Marco worked on a fourth track, "Thyme." However, this song was not worked on subsequent to Marco's work in October 2002. (Jeff Leeds, Sp1at website, 06/05)

Here's the quote that I believe is the root of the "A-list songs":

"Leave Me Alone," "Seven," and "The General" could also feature on the new album. These three A-listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami, especially "Seven," which Marco deems as the best of the three songs. It has also been reported that Marco worked on a fourth track, "Thyme." However, this song was not worked on subsequent to Marco's work in October 2002. (Jeff Leeds, Sp1at website, 06/05)

Nice Very cool that he gives his take on seven being the best.. Anyone else ever give a description on seven?