Just got back from Vegas, and....

Wearing that shirt is pretty lame.

But glad you had a great time at the show.

Rock shows should be fun - and it sounds like you had a blast. Congrats.

Though why does this get its own thread and not merged with the concert thread?

Edited by Groghan

Naturally, it's still a great show, just kinda redundant and a shadow of the whole process, we had the world tour to end all world tours in 2009/10 after several preliminary tours with different personnel, the album was released with a stable, competent line up, then we get it rinsed and repeated with some old songs added and a vibe of mechanical clockwork with Axl's voice slipping in and out of powerful, terrible or mickey wavering falsetto, still very good on the whole when he gets on form but he's not sounding as consistent as 2010 or 2006 whether you are at a show or not, it's just how it is. He should've released something the last 4 years cause apart from getting the cash he has wasted another chunk of time and he owes no one jack shit but his evolution of this band has stalled once more and he's not a young man or even in the throes of indian summer anymore and it's criminal how much he could've completed by now.

He is in Guns N' Roses, it wouldn't matter about the lack of progress if he were in Axl Rose Band, he is contradicting his original premise and doing what he despised Slash doing, this is the main root of the problem.

Axl seems more interested in keeping the casual fanbase happier than the real fanbase who want to see progression. I'd wager than most of the crowd are casual fans, only interested in the hits and go because they never got to see the band back in the day - Do they go out and see them again next time GNR are in the area? I don't think they do, and the proof is in the venues getting smaller and smaller - He surely can't expect to tour again in decent sized venues without another release... surely not...

I think it's definitely the case, if he played Paradise City, SCOM, Nightrain, Jungle, Patience, November Rain, Brownstone, Don't Cry, Estranged and the rest new material, the casuals would still come. I mean, he's the guy who decided to keep GNR alive because he had his own vision and wanted the challenge of carrying it on, he'd convert plenty of people to further music if he'd do the videos and interviews, there's zero wrong with CD songs, I like 'em as much as the old stuff, music sells these days by getting out there and repeating on mass scales, don't matter if it's crap or good, it helps with a band as esteemed as Guns if it's still good and has Axl sounding on fire though, higher standards. CD's reached as many as it possibly can, keep 3 or 4 in the set, do 3 or 4 new ones, the CD stuff should be accepted and most likely enjoyed by any casuals by the 5th or 6th tour!

It's a pitty the casuals dont know great songs that are hit potentials like Street of Dreams, Madagascar, Catcher, Better, Sorry, etc...... If he had done the right thing when CD was released, today we'd have a new album (because he would have felt motivated by CD's sucess) and people not starting at each other when CD songs are played live. :(

From the looks of the photos, those women are probably on the wrong side of 30.

That's not a bad thing at all.

Different strokes I suppose. But there's a reason, generally speaking, magazines like Playboy and Sports Illustrated feature primarily 18-25 year olds. My cut off is 24. But I'm a shallow whore so, meh lol

No it's just you're about 18-20 I'd assume, nothing wrong with that, and you have an avatar of an albino dog with a giant piece of cheddar on his head but that's another story. :shrugs:

I'm a 34 male but I date girls in their early 20's because (apart from a few very rare exceptions) they're more beautiful. My GF is 22. By societies standards, I'm extremely shallow because physical beauty is something I require in a relationship though I find that hypocritical because famous men (Axl included) get away with it all the time. How old was Axl in 1992? He was 30 years old. How old was Steph? Early 20's. Why didn't anyone give him shit for being shallow? Because he was rich and famous.

Basically, the majority of men my age, when given a choice, would always choose to bang the college co-ed hard body over anything else. Unless he's looking to get married and have a family, that's going to be the favored thing to do. Not everyone has that option though, so it's rare.

And my avatar was from a video game called Fez. It's a pretty cool game but I just used the picture when I came back because I didn't have time to think of anything else.

Edited by combos

Different strokes I suppose. But there's a reason, generally speaking, magazines like Playboy and Sports Illustrated feature primarily 18-25 year olds. My cut off is 24. But I'm a shallow whore so, meh lol

If you are under 25, liking young women your age is only natural. If you are over 40, you are just a drooling old creep.

If you are under 25, liking young women your age is only natural. If you are over 40, you are just a drooling old creep.

So, if a guy is over 40 and hot young women want him, he's suppose to turn it down and completely ignore human biological instinct simply..."because?" I really don't see the logic in that. I'm pretty sure 52 year old Axl still bangs girls in their early 20's.

There are two types of heterosexual men. The type that looks at 21 year old playboy playmates and wishes they could have them for a night and the type that can and does actually have them. If you're a single red blooded male of any age and you turn down the chance for a girl like that, it's time to question your sexuality.

Edited by combos

No it's just you're about 18-20 I'd assume, nothing wrong with that, and you have an avatar of an albino dog with a giant piece of cheddar on his head but that's another story. :shrugs:

I'm a 34 male but I date girls in their early 20's because (apart from a few very rare exceptions) they're more beautiful. My GF is 22. By societies standards, I'm extremely shallow because physical beauty is something I require in a relationship though I find that hypocritical because famous men (Axl included) get away with it all the time. How old was Axl in 1992? He was 30 years old. How old was Steph? Early 20's. Why didn't anyone give him shit for being shallow? Because he was rich and famous.

Basically, the majority of men my age, when given a choice, would always choose to bang the college co-ed hard body over anything else. Unless he's looking to get married and have a family, that's going to be the favored thing to do. Not everyone has that option though, so it's rare.

And my avatar was from a video game called Fez. It's a pretty cool game but I just used the picture when I came back because I didn't have time to think of anything else.

More beautiful? Nah, they may be more firm... but beauty is something very few are born with.

Axl in his 30's was a God of the Universe. Perfect body, perfect face, perfect hair, sexy, sensual, a dream for any woman AND man. He got away with it because he was as hot (or even more) than Stephanie herself.

Now if you are 40-50-60 doing girls in their 20's and you look like a pile of crap, then theres only one reason you are getting away with it: MONEY and POWER (either you are wealthy or hold a position in society that women see as an advantage to go somewhere else).

Nothing wrong with it if that's what you are clear about when you begin your relationships. Only objection from my part is that I hope you are as toned and firm and attractive as a person in their 20's (for the sake of not looking like a sad bag of wrinkles banging fresh meat) and that you are aware it is possible most women dating you will drop you sooner or later, dependind on how fast they milk you or get where they wanna get.

So, if a guy is over 40 and hot young women want him, he's suppose to turn it down and completely ignore human biological instinct simply..."because?" I really don't see the logic in that. I'm pretty sure 52 year old Axl still bangs girls in their early 20's.

There are two types of heterosexual men. The type that looks at 21 year old playboy playmates and wishes they could have them for a night and the type that can and does actually have them. If you're a single red blooded male of any age and you turn down the chance for a girl like that, it's time to question your sexuality.

They should do whatever they want... but at the same time be fuckin' aware that when they pass 50 or 60, women that young will only stick around for money. If you ain't got none of it, you are in trouble. And also be extremely aware that if by then, you have no wife and no children, when time to wear diapers again come back, none of these girls will stay one damn second by your side to help you with all that.

I just read your latest post. If you are 34 and the girls are around 22, you are just at

different levels of understanding life. The positive thing is that at least you are going

after the over 21 year olds. Why do you think she is with you? You are to her as unattractive

as 46 year old women are to you, or even more as genetically women dislike old men more

than men dislike older women. I think it has something to do with preventing incest.

A couple of months ago I asked a good friend of mine who is 40+ and from a healthy

balanced family what he thinks about younger women. Before I finished the sentence

his reaction was like if I had asked him to do his recently departed beloved male dog.

I was just glad I did not define younger as for him in his age anything under 26 means

just children. It was also good to hear he has no pedo tendencies. He seems to like women

who are very intelligent (doctorate level), confident (professional public speakers), good

conversationalists and pretty. My potential partners have to be my type physically and

about the right age, but after that it is all about the connection.

HAHA!! Just hurts even more when that "creep" steals your girlfriend from your young arms lol

No hot young women like men over 40 unless they have had some problems growing up. Trust me for

all normal young women old men are VERY repulsive. I still could not touch anyone who is 20 years older

than I am.

No hot young women like men over 40 unless they have had some problems growing up. Trust me for

all normal young women old men are VERY repulsive. I still could not touch anyone who is 20 years older

than I am.

If the guy over 40 looks like Ashba, that's aright. They will like them.

But no one can keep that look after 50 or so. If you are an old guy and you do get younger women its only because of your wallet, and they will never stick around for more than 1-2 years. So there. Die alone old creep.

LOL.

That's the thing. I'm not 34 yet. Maybe when I become older I would like the opportunity to relive my youth by fuckin' younger ladies. And please, I know it sounds a bit harsh but please don't take it as an offense.

I'm 25 and I have been with girls from 16 to almost 40. They all provide different things. There's nothing wrong with girls past 30. I always see the positive side of those things, specially when I want to get laid.

Friday night's show may now be my favorite Guns N Roses show of all time. The band was epic that night. So much energy and you could tell Axl was in a really good mood. For the life of me, I don't get why people fuss about how he sounds. He sounded like he was 28. And the sound in the place was really, really good. Perfect size venue for a loud rock show. But why is it my new favorite show of all time? Besides the band sounding epic, something completely random happened before I went in. Me and my brother met these two blonde's and we invited them to the show since we had extra tickets. I asked one girl which song she wanted to here and she said, "I hope the play IRS"...

Ok, let's stop for a minute. What girl (A.) even knows Chinese Democracy songs, and (B.) wants to hear IRS. So I'm like this can't be true. Turns out she was the biggest GNR fan and her sister, while not into Chinese D so much, knew every old GNR song word for word.

Who you go to a show with can make or break your experience. We can all relate to that. The crowd at most GNR shows now can be kind of lame. Lots of standing around staring at the band and most people at the hard rock were sitting down. Who sits down during a Guns N Roses show? But I'm not one of those people. We were in General Admission, which is always a good time because you can move to the music. So there we are, with two girls who are belting out every song word for word. When this girl started singing Better, I was like, this can't be real. I couldn't even get my ex to listen to old GNR, let alone Better. And what was awesome is we had a great group up people around us that were really into the show. Now when I looked out into the crowd, I saw the same old apathetic looks from so many people. But that's fine, to each their own. But for almost 3 hours we sang, danced, and belted out GNR's greatest hits and it was fucking magical. Part of me senses this could be the last time we Guns play for a

Saturday night I brought two brunettes, but they didn't know Better...so not nearly as much fun. A couple pics for you guys...

Leaving Las Vegas...no sleep for 3 days, but worth it...

For the life of me, I don't get why people fuss about how he sounds.

Because they can't go to the shows, and they are just haters; I really believe that.

Friday night's show may now be my favorite Guns N Roses show of all time. The band was epic that night. So much energy and you could tell Axl was in a really good mood. For the life of me, I don't get why people fuss about how he sounds. He sounded like he was 28. And the sound in the place was really, really good. Perfect size venue for a loud rock show. But why is it my new favorite show of all time? Besides the band sounding epic, something completely random happened before I went in. Me and my brother met these two blonde's and we invited them to the show since we had extra tickets. I asked one girl which song she wanted to here and she said, "I hope the play IRS"...

Ok, let's stop for a minute. What girl (A.) even knows Chinese Democracy songs, and (B.) wants to hear IRS. So I'm like this can't be true. Turns out she was the biggest GNR fan and her sister, while not into Chinese D so much, knew every old GNR song word for word.

Who you go to a show with can make or break your experience. We can all relate to that. The crowd at most GNR shows now can be kind of lame. Lots of standing around staring at the band and most people at the hard rock were sitting down. Who sits down during a Guns N Roses show? But I'm not one of those people. We were in General Admission, which is always a good time because you can move to the music. So there we are, with two girls who are belting out every song word for word. When this girl started singing Better, I was like, this can't be real. I couldn't even get my ex to listen to old GNR, let alone Better. And what was awesome is we had a great group up people around us that were really into the show. Now when I looked out into the crowd, I saw the same old apathetic looks from so many people. But that's fine, to each their own. But for almost 3 hours we sang, danced, and belted out GNR's greatest hits and it was fucking magical. Part of me senses this could be the last time we Guns play for a

Saturday night I brought two brunettes, but they didn't know Better...so not nearly as much fun. A couple pics for you guys...

Because they can't go to the shows, and they are just haters; I really believe that.

nope. it's because his voice sounds really bad.

• Like 1

His voice is slightly improving. His energy does seem to be improving as well. I think that it's pretty clear that he's never going to sound like he did in 2010 ever again. I'm so glad I went to see him that year.

That said, one thing is to say that you had a great fuckin' time, something no one can really deny, whether we see things where others don't, since enjoyment is very subjective, but to say he sounds better than ever or that he sounds like he was 28? :rofl-lol: He has never been able to sound like he did back in the old days, that doesn't change the fact that 2006 and 2010 were awesome years.

• Like 1

"Wow, he had energy, band was great, he sounded good on the mix, but it was ruined for me when I got home and saw what he sounded like on YouTube."

-said by nobody ever.

Edited by Gunzen

I can't remember the last time I read the reviewer/fan of a show, and the writer said "Wow, he had energy, band was great, he sounded good on the mix, but it was ruined for me when I got home and saw what he sounded like on YouTube."

Read Manets Rock in Rio review, it's the only one I remember now.

Hey Keneda, someone asked why the self promoting shirt, you replied your name is on your shirt cuz you're an Akia fan, or something. I imagine this is another person that wears shirts with their own name, or you love assembling furniture, one of those. Anyway glad the show rocked, good stuff.

WTF are you smoking? :wow:

Guest Gunns

I think he wore the Kaneda shirt so Axl would see him in the audience and then proceed to give him a party pass and invite him on stage for a song or two.

Hey Keneda, someone asked why the self promoting shirt, you replied your name is on your shirt cuz you're an Akia fan, or something. I imagine this is another person that wears shirts with their own name, or you love assembling furniture, one of those. Anyway glad the show rocked, good stuff.

WTF are you smoking? :wow:

No, you're right, makes sense now. He's wearing a shirt with his name on it because he's a fan of this place. http://www.shopakira.com/

I'm the same way, this is my car, I am J.E. Mahon. I got this put on my car because I'm a BMW fan.

Car5.JPG