When can we call BS on Ron leaving?

BF acts like a whiny bitch every now and then to try and get a few more $$ from Axl. Same as per usual.

What reason do you have to believe that? Why would you make such an assumption given the little information you have about the situation? And if you are going to make such radical assumptions based on very few (if any) facts, why devote them to such negative thoughts?

Listen mate, not a month goes by without some cryptic tweet, fb post, or something or other from BF pertaining to him leaving. Then he does not leave. So, presumably, cash has brought him back into line. It is a bit like when Premiership footballers start discussing leaving in the newspapers, merely to provoke their club into renegotiating their contracts for extra ££s.

Oh, so you believe he has a better contract now? How surprised would you be if he indeed is leaving?

Guest Gunns

BF acts like a whiny bitch every now and then to try and get a few more $$ from Axl. Same as per usual.

What reason do you have to believe that? Why would you make such an assumption given the little information you have about the situation? And if you are going to make such radical assumptions based on very few (if any) facts, why devote them to such negative thoughts?

Listen mate, not a month goes by without some cryptic tweet, fb post, or something or other from BF pertaining to him leaving. Then he does not leave. So, presumably, cash has brought him back into line. It is a bit like when Premiership footballers start discussing leaving in the newspapers, merely to provoke their club into renegotiating their contracts for extra ££s.

Oh, so you believe he has a better contract now? How surprised would you be if he indeed is leaving?

You know something we don't?

I agree with you bumble is probably walking very shortly

If he does leave after Vegas, than the situation with the band has reached such a stage when he can no longer be bought, and I for one would respect him much more for that; I think leaving this charade of a band to focus on his solo career and other projects would be the best lifestyle decision Thal could make. Look at that solo tour he had booked and he had to cancel it because Axl's Vegas cheese circus came calling? It would stop situations like that.

I would like to believe that Bumblefoot is better than Nugnr and leaving would prove that.

You know something we don't?

I agree with you bumble is probably walking very shortly

No, I just strongly believe he will leave, but of course I could be wrong.

I think leaving this charade of a band to focus on his solo career and other projects would be the best lifestyle decision Thal could make. Look at that solo tour he had booked and he had to cancel it because Axl's Vegas cheese circus came calling? It would stop situations like that.

I agree with this part of your post. I believe he's had enough of those situations as well.

Why quit when he can now kick back and have some money roll in for doing absolutely nothing? You'd have to be insane to quit, given you knew what the deal with Axl was after all musicians got fed up and left him.

Art and career satisfaction. Not everything is about money.

Why quit when he can now kick back and have some money roll in for doing absolutely nothing? You'd have to be insane to quit, given you knew what the deal with Axl was after all musicians got fed up and left him.

But he still can have his own career and satisfaction - after all outside the nostalgia Gn'R shows it's not like he has to work his butt hard in the studio for Axl or anything...

It's the best of both worlds actually.

I don't think you're appreciating the extent of touring with GNR, to work on a record and produce it and distribute it and tour it in addition to Guns commitments and the mystery of when the next tour is coming and adjusting to downtime, it's a very difficult thing to balance in addition to all the shit he's been thru the last couple years. Maybe Axl has even beckoned them to work on or exchange shiz for new material in the off-tour periods.

He had to cancel a tour last year because of the Gn'R shows that later were also cancelled. I would be pissed too. His main problem is lack of communication with the band.

He had to cancel a tour last year because of the Gn'R shows that later were also cancelled. I would be pissed too. His main problem is lack of communication with the band.

and virtually zero recording.

He had to cancel a tour, but be realistic, how many people would have attended his tour?

Very true, however for example Buckethead and Finck didn't know what they were getting into. Bumblefoot knew full and well. Buckethead can do fine on his own with his solo work, Finck is sitting pretty with Nine Inch Nails as a touring member. They have prospects, one that Bumblefoot is surely lacking.

EDIT: I'm not knocking Bumblefoot's playing, but just stating my opinion on how I view it.

Edited by The Black

ron may be trying to negotiate a better deal as others have pointed out. would he rather struggle to make tours happen with kickstarter campaigns? probably not.

anyhow I'd rather see ashba leave then ron, I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

He had to cancel a tour, but be realistic, how many people would have attended his tour?

That's not the point. Promoters and fans were fucked because someone was irresponsible. This kind of shit is intolerable. If he can't get a straight answer from management about when he'll be free to do his stuff, then it's better to leave.

Edited by realpoti

That's not the point. Promoters and fans were fucked because someone was irresponsible. This kind of shit is intolerable. If he can't get a straight answer from management about when he'll be free to do his stuff, then it's better to leave.

I really feel that if Ron does leave, it's going to be about things like that, not about money. Having a boss who won't communicate with you, and then expects you to be on call and prepared to drop everything whenever he wishes, has to make it hard to plan anything at all. I could honestly see this "contract negotiation" being "forget about a raise. Give me a valid email address, a valid cell phone number, and a promise that if I contact management, they WILL reply to me. Also, I'd like XXXX amount of advance notice of tours or performances."

Edited by stella

The point is that he is not leaving because of his paycheck. He's stuck in a job he has to tolerate because of the money, otherwise he wouldn't be complaining all the time and would simply quit.

I can't blame him for staying, but he's making his own bed here.

if ron won't address it and call it BS then there must be some kind of truth to it.

Or because if he denies the 'rumor', then all the drama he created for no reason at all, will be over.

This is just my thought - or because a whole new line of questioning would open up. Why did you tweet this? Why did you tweet that?

If he is leaving, then saying "No, I have not heard the word retire come out of Axls mouth and hes not ending the band; no matter how much I torture him", makes no sense to me.

Ali

if ron won't address it and call it BS then there must be some kind of truth to it.

Or because if he denies the 'rumor', then all the drama he created for no reason at all, will be over.
This is just my thought - or because a whole new line of questioning would open up. Why did you tweet this? Why did you tweet that?

If he is leaving, then saying "No, I have not heard the word retire come out of Axls mouth and hes not ending the band; no matter how much I torture him", makes no sense to me.

Ali

People already want to know why he tweeted his countdown.. him saying he has tortured Axl and tht he's not retiring means nothing really, except what we already know, Axl is not retiring with or without bumble ..

There's no reason for him not to squash the rumors that he's leaving shit the guy was on the forum yesterday. In one post he could have ended any rumor that he's gone. If ashba was supposedly getting fired and it was false I bet money he would let it be known he's here to stay

Just my take I honestly know nothing this is gnr anything could happen. Just seems way more signs point to he's gone and I hvnt seen one sign that points to him staying from his or gnrs end

Ali

People already want to know why he tweeted his countdown.. him saying he has tortured Axl and tht he's not retiring means nothing really, except what we already know, Axl is not retiring with or without bumble ..

There's no reason for him not to squash the rumors that he's leaving shit the guy was on the forum yesterday. In one post he could have ended any rumor that he's gone. If ashba was supposedly getting fired and it was false I bet money he would let it be known he's here to stay

Just my take I honestly know nothing this is gnr anything could happen. Just seems way more signs point to he's gone and I hvnt seen one sign that points to him staying from his or gnrs end

He said Axl is not ending the band no matter how much he (Ron) tortures him. Why would he say that if he was leaving in two weeks? It makes no sense.

Ali