Next tour - pseudo-reunion?

Duff isn't joining full time and I don't know why this keeps popping up. He's played a few gigs over the past few years and if he was going to join, it would've been back in 2010.

This won't be popular to say, but I appreciate all the past & current members of GN'R and they can put all the combinations up there they want but until they have Slash & Axl onstage together, it really doesn't do anything for me.

Id really like to see Fortus and Finck together as the primary guitar players, they complement each other well. Also have Izzy make more regular guest appearances just like Mick Taylor with the Stones on their current tour. Apart from that, Brain back on drums and that would be great.

Finck doesn't get the credit he deserves at all. He was about the best replacement for Slash that Axl could've picked. He did a very nice job at playing the soulful stuff but because he was a tad sloppy at times he gets murdered by the forum.

I think a good lineup would be Axl, Richard, Izzy, Duff and Matt, Steven or Frank. Or Brain, actually, that'd be neat to see, but I don't know how likely or unlikely it is. I dunno though, a reunion in any way would seem like a step backwards, although maybe that lineup could make some pretty interesting songs.

I'd be down for it. Something like Axl, DJ, Izzy, Richard, Duff & Matt. Izzy is the backbone of Gn'R, Axl gets on with DJ too well to get rid of him and Richard is a great guitarist to have. Tommy seems more inclined towards The Replacements and Frank is nowhere near as skilled as Matt with drumming, hell Matt was recruited asto fill in for MIKKEY DEE for a few shows for Motorhead, which says something about his drumming skills.

I'm not really interested in this as a touring lineup. If Izzy and Duff were to write with Axl again, I would be all for it, but I'd rather have new music with the guys that are in the band right now than just touring with part of the UYI-era lineup. Plus, I wouldn't want to have them drop even more songs from CD. The highlight of the last residency for me was Prostitute.

If the focus is (even more) on the nostalgia playlist, people would still miss Slash and bitch about that, so I don't really see the point in that. Not if it's solely for touring anyway.

Tbh the only progress we've had since the tour to end all tours of the Chinese Democracy tours (09-10) has been backwards so if he's going to continue this for another 4 years until he has no monetary choice left but to release a record which by then it'll be far too late he might as well get one, two, three or four old guys back in and do nostalgia properly. I just want this band to release something for godsake.

I think Slash would prefer Axl retire the GNR name and just make it a part of the rock history books. He walked away thinking Axl would never be able to go on without him. But I doubt he gives it much thought these days until interviewers bring it up.

All Slash has to do is say "mention Axl and the interview's over".

I like the chemistry of the now GNR band. Axl always seems to be having a great time onstage and I feel these musicians are all amazing. They all seem to have fun onstage too and play well together.

The original members of GNR had their time and now have gone their separate ways. They seem to like what they are doing now too. I think doing a reunion would be just about making tons of money and I don't think Axl cares about that. Sometimes you can't relive earlier times even if you could, it would be different.

The Sex Pistols reunion was horrible. I think bands that capture lightening in a bottle should just let it go. I know mr Johnny wants to shit on those romantic notions but its like you make a perfect cake and them you go back and try to bake it again exactly the same but you can't it will never taste the same. Even with extra icing.

The Sex Pistols reunion was horrible. I think bands that capture lightening in a bottle should just let it go. I know mr Johnny wants to shit on those romantic notions but its like you make a perfect cake and them you go back and try to bake it again exactly the same but you can't it will never taste the same. Even with extra icing.