Nooooo!!! Rolfs headed for the slammer!!!

Towelie

It is complete bollocks if you ask me. I think Rolf is, at worse, guilty of a bit of hanky panky with a few teens in the '70s, at best, totally innocent, These vile and disgusting women are just fabricating stuff to get 'compen', meanwhile dragging a poor old man through the courts and into prison! Disgusting. Why did they wait 40 years? We need that law the United States has, whereby a lawsuit is invalidated if it is not pursued within 'x' amount of time.

I do not think any media personality over 50 is safe from money grabbing 'compen' obsessed witches - it truly is a witchhunt.

Sorry, but my sister personally knows of someone who was a receptionist at British Paints and she said it was known that he had made gestures towards female staff members and when they objected he became really nasty and threatened to have them fired, he was such a revered figure and so valuable to their advertising campaign.

He also fingered an 8 year old girl.

Just saying...

If you believe the allegation. I, do not.

Like I said, he probably felt up a fair number of Sheilas' arses, calling them 'darling' or something similar, in which case the entire Spanish nation stands accused of paedophilia. At worse, he might have got his leg over. Did he use his power and wealth? Probably. But rape and child molestation? I refuse to believe it.

It is complete bollocks if you ask me. I think Rolf is, at worse, guilty of a bit of hanky panky with a few teens in the '70s, at best, totally innocent, These vile and disgusting women are just fabricating stuff to get 'compen', meanwhile dragging a poor old man through the courts and into prison! Disgusting. Why did they wait 40 years? We need that law the United States has, whereby a lawsuit is invalidated if it is not pursued within 'x' amount of time.

I do not think any media personality over 50 is safe from money grabbing 'compen' obsessed witches - it truly is a witchhunt.

Sorry, but my sister personally knows of someone who was a receptionist at British Paints and she said it was known that he had made gestures towards female staff members and when they objected he became really nasty and threatened to have them fired, he was such a revered figure and so valuable to their advertising campaign.

'Making gestures' is not an offence. We are talking about rape and paedophillia here. Should we lock up builders when they wolf whistle?

It is complete bollocks if you ask me. I think Rolf is, at worse, guilty of a bit of hanky panky with a few teens in the '70s, at best, totally innocent, These vile and disgusting women are just fabricating stuff to get 'compen', meanwhile dragging a poor old man through the courts and into prison! Disgusting. Why did they wait 40 years? We need that law the United States has, whereby a lawsuit is invalidated if it is not pursued within 'x' amount of time. I do not think any media personality over 50 is safe from money grabbing 'compen' obsessed witches - it truly is a witchhunt.

'Making gestures' is not an offence. We are talking about rape and paedophillia here. Should we lock up builders when they wolf whistle?

No, but the odds are seriously stacked against him here. My post merely revealed that there is a very nasty streak in that man. When you are an icon in Australian history and being paid by a company to be their figurehead, then I imagine that there is a responsibility to uphold your reputation as a respectable figure. Instead he chose to intimidate the most vulnerable people working for the company that he represented. The company that paid him a lot of money to represent their brand. It's not just 'wrong', it's FUCKING DISGRACEFUL. It's one thing to uphold position with company officials, but to intimidate young women in no position of responsibility is quite another. I personally would feel very uncomfortable being in the same room with this man based purely on the comments made by my sisters acquaintance, regardless of the recent trial and news reports.

I watched an interview with a friend of his for over 40 years that testified against him tonight...I don't think this is a beat up.

Uuuugh, despicable.

• Like 1

What makes you so sceptical Dies'?

I think it just fits in with the general milieu of, taking an elderly male celebrity and accusing them of paedophilia. It has become the new British pastime, as frequent as going to the pub or walking the dog. ''Watch out Bruce Forsyth! Watch out, basically any male Coronation Street actor - watch out Roy Cropper! We will get you.''

Listen, why are all these allegations just coming out now? The prosecution said he had committed the offences in full view of 'people'. Why then did these 'people' not say something? He apparently had sexual relations with his daughter’s friend, yet, there is his daughter accompanying him (alongside his wife) to court everyday. If a 9 year old had been molested, surely the parents would have detected signs of anxiety - changes in behaviour?

What makes you so sceptical Dies'?

I think it just fits in with the general milieu of, taking an elderly male celebrity and accusing them of paedophilia. It has become the new British pastime, as frequent as going to the pub or walking the dog. ''Watch out Bruce Forsyth! Watch out, basically any male Coronation Street actor - watch out Roy Cropper! We will get you.''

Listen, why are all these allegations just coming out now? The prosecution said he had committed the offences in full view of 'people'. Why then did these 'people' not say something? He apparently had sexual relations with his daughters friend, yet, there is his daughter accompanying him (alongside his wife) to court everyday. If a 9 year old had been molested, surely the parents would have detected signs of anxiety - changes in behaviour?

1. He INTIMIDATED them. He is a celebrity, who the fuck is going to believe little Sarah or little Karen when the opposition is an internationally known celebrity! First lesson about young, impressionable girls/women, Dies': they generally feel inferior to world renowned celebrities.

2. He had opportunity and his family OBVIOUSLY didn't want there to be any repercussions. Family often do what they have to do maintain the family unit, not to mention the fact that its very difficult to accept that someone you love could possibly have committed such acts. I believe there would be a lot of denial on their behalf.

3. A general lack of belief that authorities would carry out any persecution against an international celebrity, when you are just a juvenile, female nobody.

Edited by Redhead74
  • Like 1

Guilty or not, these women shouldn't be allowed to go after compensation. It just encourages any female who came into contact with Rolf in the last 40 years to come forward and make a false claim, which I suspect is what motivated a lot of the ones who've come forward thus far. You've got one woman who is claimng that Rolf touching her bum drove her to become an alcoholic! Fuck off with that shit. They've been sitting on this for 20-40 years and now all of a sudden they are so distraught and crying rape conveniently just after the victims of Jimmy Saville received a nice payday.

No compensation, no false allegations. It weeds out the bullshitters from the genuine victims. An abuser being bought to justice by serving a prison sentence is all that should happen. Paying off your mortgage and buying a new car is not going to take away the fact that you were abused (and that comes from someone who actually was sexually abused as a kid).

Edited by Towelie

Guilty or not, these women shouldn't be allowed to go after compensation. It just encourages any female who came into contact with Rolf in the last 40 years to come forward and make a false claim, which I suspect is what motivated a lot of the ones who've come forward thus far. You've got one woman who is claimng that Rolf touching her bum drove her to become an alcoholic! Fuck off with that shit. They've been sitting on this for 20-40 years and now all of a sudden they are so distraught and crying rape conveniently just after the victims of Jimmy Saville received a nice payday.

No compensation, no false allegations. It weeds out the bullshitters from the genuine victims. An abuser being bought to justice by serving a prison sentence is all that should happen. Paying off your mortgage and buying a new car is not going to take away the fact that you were abused (and that comes from someone who actually was sexually abused as a kid).

Well unfortunately for Rolf the western world has a judicial system that allows people who have been mistreated in a criminal manner to be compensated in some way for the injustice they suffered. And it is as it should be. Can you imagine if this was your sister or your girlfriend or wife or daughter who suffered this? But the truth is its not, and unfortunately you don't understand the thought processes at play when someone is abused in this way. ESPECIALLY when they are a child. It's well known that rape victims and sexual abuse victims find it incredibly difficult to go public about their ordeal. The shame they experience is shocking and this is the case for an adult, not even a child. They will often carry that burden with them for decades, sometimes the rest of their lives without being able to come clean about it. For some reason it's still incredibly taboo to admit you were sexually assaulted or raped (just look at any interview with a rape victim on a news report and they almost always appear anonymously, with face in the dark, or a disguise and sometimes their voice altered. That's not modesty).

So don't for a second think these girls who are now women have been living happy, carefree lives all these years. And just now all of a sudden they decided to 'mention' that little, insignificant scenario. Generalisations like 'how could someone become an alcoholic from being fiddled with?' And 'now all of a sudden after 20-40 years they're so distraught' are pretty callous and insensitive. C'mon man, have some sympathy for people who have placed themselves in a very difficult and public situation after already being humiliated at the hands of a grown man who should have learnt to control himself. Those women have done nothing to hurt you and never will, so give them the benefit of the doubt because I wouldn't want to be in their shoes for one second. No amount of money could make me want to be in their shoes.

And as for "any female who came into contact with Rolf in the last 40 years to come forward and make a false claim," they do actually check this stuff out, right? Before any compensation is issued there is always an investigation and a successful one will always have some substantial, legit evidence.

Well unfortunately for Rolf the western world has a judicial system that allows people who have been mistreated in a criminal manner to be compensated in some way for the injustice they suffered. And it is as it should be. Can you imagine if this was your sister or your girlfriend or wife or daughter who suffered this? But the truth is its not, and unfortunately you don't understand the thought processes at play when someone is abused in this way. ESPECIALLY when they are a child. It's well known that rape victims and sexual abuse victims find it incredibly difficult to go public about their ordeal. The shame they experience is shocking and this is the case for an adult, not even a child. They will often carry that burden with them for decades, sometimes the rest of their lives without being able to come clean about it. For some reason it's still incredibly taboo to admit you were sexually assaulted or raped (just look at any interview with a rape victim on a news report and they almost always appear anonymously, with face in the dark, or a disguise and sometimes their voice altered. That's not modesty).

So don't for a second think these girls who are now women have been living happy, carefree lives all these years. And just now all of a sudden they decided to 'mention' that little, insignificant scenario. Generalisations like 'how could someone become an alcoholic from being fiddled with?' And 'now all of a sudden after 20-40 years they're so distraught' are pretty callous and insensitive. C'mon man, have some sympathy for people who have placed themselves in a very difficult and public situation after already being humiliated at the hands of a grown man who should have learnt to control himself. Those women have done nothing to hurt you and never will, so give them the benefit of the doubt because I wouldn't want to be in their shoes for one second. No amount of money could make me want to be in their shoes.

And as for "any female who came into contact with Rolf in the last 40 years to come forward and make a false claim," they do actually check this stuff out, right? Before any compensation is issued there is always an investigation and a successful one will always have some substantial, legit evidence.

I guess I'm just a bit more sceptical than you. It's terrible that we live in a world where we have to doubt people who allege child abuse, but the reality is, plenty of people cry rape and destroy innocent mens lives out of spite, revenge or the pursuit of financial gain.

I'm not saying this is the case with Rolf, but some of what I have read from the victims has made me question their motives. You have a woman who claims Rolf started groping her when she was 17, right through to the age of 22. That's not a helpless child being taken advantage of by a family member, it's a fully grown adult woman who continued to put herself in that position for five whole years. And then another woman who alleged that he hugged her one time and felt her bum and now she is so traumatised that she's been battling alcohol addiction for several decades. Do you not see how ridiculous and downright opportunistic some of this sounds?

and unfortunately you don't understand the thought processes at play when someone is abused in this way. ESPECIALLY when they are a child.

Yes I do.

As stated in my previous post, I was sexually abused myself as a child and it angers me seeing opportunistic people cashing in for compensation giving legitimate victims a bad name. It is very hard to prove sexual abuse in a court of law, especially claims which date back decades. All the victim really has is the credibility of their claims, which can be seriously undermined when you have people trying to profit off their abuse under the guise of "compensation." Unless the money is being used to pay for therapy or counselling for the victims then there really is no justification to go after money in these cases.

Edited by Towelie

Guilty or not, these women shouldn't be allowed to go after compensation. It just encourages any female who came into contact with Rolf in the last 40 years to come forward and make a false claim, which I suspect is what motivated a lot of the ones who've come forward thus far. You've got one woman who is claimng that Rolf touching her bum drove her to become an alcoholic! Fuck off with that shit. They've been sitting on this for 20-40 years and now all of a sudden they are so distraught and crying rape conveniently just after the victims of Jimmy Saville received a nice payday.No compensation, no false allegations. It weeds out the bullshitters from the genuine victims. An abuser being bought to justice by serving a prison sentence is all that should happen. Paying off your mortgage and buying a new car is not going to take away the fact that you were abused (and that comes from someone who actually was sexually abused as a kid).

Well unfortunately for Rolf the western world has a judicial system that allows people who have been mistreated in a criminal manner to be compensated in some way for the injustice they suffered. And it is as it should be. Can you imagine if this was your sister or your girlfriend or wife or daughter who suffered this? But the truth is its not, and unfortunately you don't understand the thought processes at play when someone is abused in this way. ESPECIALLY when they are a child. It's well known that rape victims and sexual abuse victims find it incredibly difficult to go public about their ordeal. The shame they experience is shocking and this is the case for an adult, not even a child. They will often carry that burden with them for decades, sometimes the rest of their lives without being able to come clean about it. For some reason it's still incredibly taboo to admit you were sexually assaulted or raped (just look at any interview with a rape victim on a news report and they almost always appear anonymously, with face in the dark, or a disguise and sometimes their voice altered. That's not modesty).So don't for a second think these girls who are now women have been living happy, carefree lives all these years. And just now all of a sudden they decided to 'mention' that little, insignificant scenario. Generalisations like 'how could someone become an alcoholic from being fiddled with?' And 'now all of a sudden after 20-40 years they're so distraught' are pretty callous and insensitive. C'mon man, have some sympathy for people who have placed themselves in a very difficult and public situation after already being humiliated at the hands of a grown man who should have learnt to control himself. Those women have done nothing to hurt you and never will, so give them the benefit of the doubt because I wouldn't want to be in their shoes for one second. No amount of money could make me want to be in their shoes.And as for "any female who came into contact with Rolf in the last 40 years to come forward and make a false claim," they do actually check this stuff out, right? Before any compensation is issued there is always an investigation and a successful one will always have some substantial, legit evidence.
I guess I'm just a bit more sceptical than you. It's terrible that we live in a world where we have to doubt people who allege child abuse, but the reality is, plenty of people cry rape and destroy innocent mens lives out of spite, revenge or the pursuit of financial gain.I'm not saying this is the case with Rolf, but some of what I have read from the victims has made me question their motives. You have a woman who claims Rolf started groping her when she was 17, right through to the age of 22. That's not a helpless child being taken advantage of by a family member, it's a fully grown adult woman who continued to put herself in that position for five whole years. And then another woman who alleged that he hugged her one time and felt her bum and now she is so traumatised that she's been battling alcohol addiction for several decades. Do you not see how ridiculous and downright opportunistic some of this sounds?

and unfortunately you don't understand the thought processes at play when someone is abused in this way. ESPECIALLY when they are a child.

Yes I do.As stated in my previous post, I was sexually abused myself as a child and it angers me seeing opportunistic people cashing in for compensation giving legitimate victims a bad name. It is very hard to prove sexual abuse in a court of law, especially claims which date back decades. All the victim really has is the credibility of their claims, which can be seriously undermined when you have people trying to profit off their abuse under the guise of "compensation." Unless the money is being used to pay for therapy or counselling for the victims then there really is no justification to go after money in these cases.

:(

I'm sorry you had to go through that and I accept that you understand better than most what an impact that can have. What you say in terms of proof is true, but I honestly feel that a few people falling through the cracks and claiming non-legit compensation is worth it if it means that those who legitimately suffered receive some gesture of acknowledgment from the community. Unfortunately our method of acknowledgment is currency. It's really the only thing that can rationally be applied to indicate the significance of the 'error of judgment'. It certainly doesn't take the affect of the crime away and I don't think it is awarded with that in mind.

The part where this becomes REALLY borderline and difficult is that any accusation, not even a conviction, of sexual assault by a male immediately equates with exile from society. A man facing those charges will have a tough time being accepted in general with a black mark like that against his name. And like I said, that's not even a conviction. It's really a disgrace.

I have read recently where there is a huge paranoia of men who are parents to young children and who are really enjoying being parents, but are having to second guess all of their behaviour in public when they are around children (usually their own but also others in play areas) because of the fact that a lot of women look towards random men who display affection towards children as 'potential paedophiles'! That is absolutely preposterous! As if it's only women with a maternal streak that can ONLY project affection towards children! :rolleyes: But it's actually happening, I've read several reports in the news here that has documented it. There is something seriously wrong with this society we live in.

• Like 2

Sometimes the most 'beloved' people have a dark side. Some people are a certain way when the camera is on them, but there's also an immaturity to it all, wanting to make kids laugh. Even though Bill Cosby didn't molest kids, he still did the same thing to young women of legal age as a married man, used intimidation tactics, but some of the accusers could have been out for money. Either way, it's behaving badly and using a position of fame and power to have what you want and assaulting them to get it.

I know enough about him that he was a beloved entertainer with a couple of hit songs. It's possible some people are bandwagon jumping to get money and making their incident to be something bigger than it was. The one that went on for 5 years, hard to say. It might have started off being a really nasty situation that turned into a consensual affair. It didn't seem to take long to making him a stranger in his hometown once he was convicted.

Del Palmer said Rolf was professional and did his job when he worked with Kate Bush because people had wanted to know if he sexually harassed Kate.

Do I think he should be put away for the rest of his life? No. It doesn't really matter if he does 1 year or does life at this point. It's like the woman who was assaulted by Polanski said - the media keeping her name out there made it worse than the 5-10 minutes of what she had to deal with. He did time but the judges fucked up by wanting to make an example out of him. To me, once you take away their livelihood and he's a registered sex offender, prison is probably a safer option and he's been made unemployable. What can you do - he's infamous.

The question is if he'll apologize for what he's done or he's too arrogant to be able to own up to it.

It is all lies. I am telling you. It is just about compen. These vile women merely want a pay off. They are not interested in the fact that they are persecuting an innocent and beloved elderly entertainer. They should be the ones locked up.

It is all lies. I am telling you. It is just about compen. These vile women merely want a pay off. They are not interested in the fact that they are persecuting an innocent and beloved elderly entertainer. They should be the ones locked up.

Are you privy to all the evidence upon which the decision was made in a court of law? Or are you just going off a belief that your gut instinct about someone is infallible because you happened to appreciate him as a TV personality? I mean, if you've examined the whole case and are still sitting at that conclusion then fair enough but if you're literally only sitting looking at the circumstances surrounding the lawsuits coming to be in the first place then I'm glad you're not a Judge.

• Like 1

Ugh, how gross.

disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif

Suddenly everybody has become a certified 'Rolf-hater' because the British justice system - which incidentally, I trust about as much as Suarez's knashers - says we should.

Just look at yourselves. You are a pack of mindless sheep: 'paedo', 'horrific', 'vile', 'he got what he deserves', etc.

12 women waited, 30-40 years, to prosecute, and 12 women are now putting in 'compen' claims. Work it out. It took 'Savile-Gate' to work out, that a tremendous amount of ££s can be made for women, willing to drag aging celeb through the legal system. It is a farce.

Edited by DieselDaisy

:confused:

no rock4eva, no one in the US knows who this guy is :lol:

Don't you roll your eyes at me bran, smilie_girl_211.gif considering we've been brought up to believe that Americans know so little of the world apart from their own country. I experienced 2 cases of how little Americans know of the world pre-internet. smilie_girl_093.gif One of them was/is a huge name in the music industry who's crew didn't know how to draw Australia on a banner correctly!!!

Anyway long time no chat, hope you're doing ok.

:)

im doing fine yourself?

:confused:

no rock4eva, no one in the US knows who this guy is :lol:

Don't you roll your eyes at me bran, smilie_girl_211.gif considering we've been brought up to believe that Americans know so little of the world apart from their own country. I experienced 2 cases of how little Americans know of the world pre-internet. smilie_girl_093.gif One of them was/is a huge name in the music industry who's crew didn't know how to draw Australia on a banner correctly!!!

Anyway long time no chat, hope you're doing ok.

:)

im doing fine yourself?

Much much better now thanks, finished all treatments & just waiting for my hair to grow back. Even eating heaps now my sense of taste is back & pain is gone. :D

• Like 1