the rumored Axl/Lana duet...

This manufactured pop star just keeps mentioning Axl to improve her "rock" cred and try and get a bump up of her career from his fame. We get it, you have a crush on Axl.

Why do people who don't like X type of music come into threads about then and...

Yawn.

Ya, because me doing it one time or on occasion is the same as you and Brokski doing it on a daily basis.

And my comment about Elizabeth's using Axl for publicity was purely sarcastic. Any time somebody mentions Axl in a negative light several posters on here freak out that they are just milking Axl's name for publicity.

What's up with you two guys? You are usually pretty cool posters. Lately you both seem a bit angry. Lighten up, this is a rock forum.

Edited by Groghan

Nothing's "up" with me, I just find it amusing when someone gives me shit for something and then turns around and does the exact same thing in the same day.

Gotcha. You pretty much missed the actual point.

You must have missed the part in my message in the other topic where I said I've done it on OCCASSION, but don't do it regularly. You and Broski do it in pretty regularly. I even see you guys make comments about dad rock or classic rock or other terms like that in topics that have nothing to do with music.

And if it bothers you when I do it - or when others do it..............then why would you do it anyway? You guys get majorly offended if somebody doesn't like your favorite music, but more than anybody else on the forum you two guys bash other people's music.

If it makes you so uptight when people do it to you, why do you and broski do it more than all other posters?

It doesn't bother me when people do it. I just find it hypocritical is all. Like Nobody puts baby in a corner is somehow on a pedestal that makes it immune to criticism, but all that newfangled poppotune and electrorap hipster music are ripe for the pickin's.

I wonder if she talked to Axl about suicide. I think she mentioned she wanted to die at age 27 and in the Famous last words interview Axl talked about 27 being the hardest year of a persons life.

That would be fascinating insight, we all know Axl woulda been immortal if he died young, yet he's offered a great record and superb performances sprinkled between disappointing slabs of unwinding mechanical lengths and the dwindling of a bizarrely noble drive of a vision over 14 odd years... has he got anything left? I don't want the guy to die but I don't want his second GNR vision to die either.

It doesn't bother me when people do it. I just find it hypocritical is all. Like Nobody puts baby in a corner is somehow on a pedestal that makes it immune to criticism, but all that newfangled poppotune and electrorap hipster music are ripe for the pickin's.

You're on a GNR forum for fucks sake :facepalm:

I mean, I prefer modern music myself but... it's a forum dedicated to a hard rock band filled with hard rock fans. You're supposed to expect having a hard time when you say things like "shit rock", etc. :lol:

The thing is I really don't see too many instances of people around here writing off entire genres in the way "Nobody puts baby in a corner" and all that gets bandied around by Broski and ( to a lesser extent) Cardi.

I wish you guys were around in the 80s and 90s to experience the amount of shit put on heavy metal and rap, you have no fucking idea.

The Nobody puts baby in a corner line just causes fights, I thought the whole "haircut rock" fiasco a while back might have displayed how dumb and pointless the argument is but it seems we're back to it again.

Protesting about the evils of guitar solos and rock music on a Guns N Roses forum is pretty fucking pointless, you guys might have the wrong crowd.

Try growing up a bit and realising there's no need to define yourself by what music you listen to, most people grow out of that in their teenage years.

I know you guys only do it to stir shit, which I can sort of appreciate but you come across as totally ridiculous in the process.

The thing is I really don't see too many instances of people around here writing off entire genres in the way "Nobody puts baby in a corner" and all that gets bandied around by Broski and ( to a lesser extent) Cardi.

I wish you guys were around in the 80s and 90s to experience the amount of shit put on heavy metal and rap, you have no fucking idea.

The Nobody puts baby in a corner line just causes fights, I thought the whole "haircut rock" fiasco a while back might have displayed how dumb and pointless the argument is but it seems we're back to it again.

Protesting about the evils of guitar solos and rock music on a Guns N Roses forum is pretty fucking pointless, you guys might have the wrong crowd.

Try growing up a bit and realising there's no need to define yourself by what music you listen to, most people grow out of that in their teenage years.

I know you guys only do it to stir shit, which I can sort of appreciate but you come across as totally ridiculous in the process.

DOOM is damn right.

Seriously, GNR forum = 98% rock/hard rock fans. Wanna discuss rap/hip hop/electronic music here? Fine, but be prepared for the worse. I'm not a big fan of hard rock or classic rock in general. But I know the bands I do like don't belong here. I don't feel the need to show off how edgy and modern the bands I enjoy are. Thankfully there hundreds of other forums for that. I know Broski is just a cupcake but well, since she's free to spread her shit all over the forum, I guess it's ok to comment on her trollish stupidity. Calling hard rock "shit rock" while listening to 1 hit wonders and gangsta rappers? :lol:

Sorry for the off-topic.

Edited by ProstituteComa
  • Like 1

You're on a GNR forum for fucks sake :facepalm:

I mean, I prefer modern music myself but... it's a forum dedicated to a hard rock band filled with hard rock fans. You're supposed to expect having a hard time when you say things like "shit rock", etc. :lol:

Yeah, a GN'R forum. Not a Hair Metal forum, or a Poison forum, or a van Halen forum, or a Crüe forum. And I don't mind the "hard time" I get for it. I just remember who says what and then when they do the same thing towards a type of music they don't like I call them out on it.

I'm not Broski. Don't lump me in with what he does. We're different people with different opinions.

I love rock music. My music library probably consists of 80% rock music. I find that the 80s took rock music and destroyed it for the better part of a decade, with GNR being one of few notable exceptions. Shit bands replaced good ones, and good bands became bad to adapt to the changing trends. Pretty much the same opinion that a lot of people have about Nirvana and grunge destroying rock in the 90s, which for some reason is a lot more accepted around here.

Edited by bacardimayne

I did say "to a lesser extent" - I do find you to be a lot more reasonable and level headed, for what that's worth.

I can't argue with what you said there, on the whole hair metal was atrocious, like any wave or genre there is a small percentage of cream at the top of the bottle and the rest is more often than not tasteless shite.

Grunge, nu metal, rap - I'm not so sure any of these styles have much of a right to laugh too hard at hair metal, all trends go out of fashion.

I'm not a fan of grunge or nu metal. I like about as much grunge as I do 80s rock.

Classifying all of rap together as shit is like classifying all of rock together as shit. There are so many subgenres, eras and styles that you can't just write off the entire thing based on what you've heard on MTV.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1

I'm not a fan of grunge or nu metal. I like about as much grunge as I do 80s rock.

Classifying all of rap together as shit is like classifying all of rock together as shit. There are so many subgenres, eras and styles that you can't just write off the entire thing based on what you've heard on MTV.

Not bothered to read this thread, so dunno the context of this comment. But totally right. +1

Edited by hudsonsaul

Bucket's solo blends so perfectly in Evader's version of dark Paradise. Amazing.

The mix of Prostitute and Video Games is brilliant too. I got it on my iPod because I love it that much.

Yeah, I have it on my iPod too.