I wish Axl would do GNR by Request

Imagine if Axl would to kind of what Metallica is doing. Having fans choose GNR setlist.

It would be fun to challenge Axl and to see witch cities would choose witch songs by vote.

Now i understand Axl could not do all past GNR material, but what if he selected about 30 available songs that he would be willing to do from all the GNR catalog and let fans vote.

Would be crazy to have songs that we haven't heard in a long time a every show would be fun and unique.

Imagine if Axl would to kind of what Metallica is doing. Having fans choose GNR setlist.

It would be fun to challenge Axl and to see witch cities would choose witch songs by vote.

Now i understand Axl could not do all past GNR material, but what if he selected about 30 available songs that he would be willing to do from all the GNR catalog and let fans vote.

Would be crazy to have songs that we haven't heard in a long time a every show would be fun and unique.

Why not get the mods here to suggest it to the band as a possibility for the future. There is never any harm in asking

Edited by Mysteron

These By request tours end up with the band playing their greatest hits, which is Axl is doing for the last decade. Not really necessary.

I note there are some people though (from reading here) that would actually like to hear different songs from earlier albums, so it could work as a valid idea

I'm guessing the "fan choice" is picking between a handful of songs the band is prepared to play, right? Or something like a twitter hashtag poll during the show?

Might be a way to get the band to play stuff like Atlas Shrugged, lol

Perfect crime

It's so easy

Jungle

Right next door to hell

Mr Brownstone

Nice Boys

Reckless Life

Rocket Queen

Down on the farm

Locomotive

Nightrain

Double talkin' jive

Bad Obsession

DeadHorse

Coma

Pretty tied up

Garden

Garden of eden

Civil War

Estranged

Sweet child

Patience

Paradise city

No solos

Edited by fergus
  • Like 1

Perfect crime

It's so easy

Jungle

Right next door to hell

Mr Brownstone

Nice Boys

Reckless Life

Rocket Queen

Down on the farm

Locomotive

Double talkin' jive

Bad Obsession

DeadHorse

Pretty tied up

Garden

Garden of eden

Coma

Civil War

Estranged

Sweet child

Patience

Paradise city

No solos

Would that the the playing order?

Coma, Civil War and Estranged together would be three epics in a row

Only works for Metallica because the songs are voted by the fan club, not the general public. The fan club is worth it for Metallica fans because of the things they get out of it. The nightrain club not so much.

I believe on the festival here, people could even text their choice on the festival ground, so everyone who had a ticket. Then a fan would come on stage to announce a song (a fan from the fan club, I believe). I thought that was a really cool idea. So definitely not only the fanclub here to choose the setlist.

The result from Metallica's request was most hits were played, so I guess there wouldn't be too many changes in the GNR setlist. Maybe the fans could pick two or three songs from a list of lesser known or played songs. I'd like that.

I rather not ruin my love for Locomotive by hearing Mickey version of it... so keep it out.

You could maybe go and buy a round of drinks at that time :)

Yes that would be the order

Well, go you. I like epics near the end too, I would move Rocket Queen nearer the end as well, that is all really

It would be cool, but most of the people would just vote for the same hits, like happened with Metallica, they played few different songs in these shows.

They should let us choose 10 songs from a list, which wouldn't include SCOM, PC, WTJ and the other hits, because this would be played anyway. So the band would play 10 songs that we choose plus the hits.

I listen to CD in my car or at home, but at a GNR concert nothing on that CD is on my list to see live.

If could choose a song that is not original GNR song it would be Crash Diet

If you were in the position where you had seen GN'R play your favourite list on a couple of occasions, and you were wanting some variety, perhaps the addition of, say, three CD songs, what would you add, and what songs would they replace.