GN'R @ The Whisky 1988 Amazing Quality Vid

hi there whazup;

i'm not an expert on tuning so obviously i didn't notice that they are playing on standard tuning;

I'd like to ask you: how do you know (or how did you notice) that they are playing in standard tuning?

is it because they are playing on borrowed equipment?

thanks in advance for answering!

I am not sure if they are on borrowed equipment (it is possible considering I can't recall Slash playing that guitar) however listening to the audio the song is definitely being played in D natural as opposed to Db which is the key of the studio versions and most live versions

GNR also played in standard tuning in the early club days in '85 and select shows like this, as well as the acoustic CBGB gig and the Late Night Show 1988 performance. Hope this helps somewhat!

Edited by WhazUp

Thanks for this, I have just been watching their Melbourne gig from 1988 and at the final beat of PC Axl dropped his trousers and bared his bum. Was this something he did on a regular basis back then?

I watch that one too!Axl seems to be feeling pretty damn good in that one. Talking about partying with girls the night before.

• Like 1

Amazing band and quality. Fuck rockfuel's DVD, I'd pay 20 bucks for that gig, shot by whoever did that video

Awesome video.. Thanks for posting that shit... God I miss that band.

That band is a rock and roll band, not the circus Axl has now. Man, has Axl gone to shit since this was filmed. He should be made to watch this video, like NFL players watching game tapes, then be made to watch the nugnr appetite for lol dvd
  • Like 3

Amazing band and quality. Fuck rockfuel's DVD, I'd pay 20 bucks for that gig, shot by whoever did that video

Awesome video.. Thanks for posting that shit... God I miss that band.

That band is a rock and roll band, not the circus Axl has now. Man, has Axl gone to shit since this was filmed. He should be made to watch this video, like NFL players watching game tapes, then be made to watch the nugnr appetite for lol dvd

Would be a 50+ NFL player watching game film from his prime.