Looking Forward To The Next album...

The thing is, with the boring era you hoped that Axl was some artistic genius preparing a trilogy of Floydesque album. Now, with CD out, we know differently. He was, while we all thought he was mixing up Reznor and Waters, really writing Korn b-sides and scratching his arsehole!

We know differently? I know what I've always knew: Axl is not a genius. Just a talented singer with a lot of charisma. Now, with CD out, I know just how big of a part he was of old Guns. (pretty big) but just a part. It also made me see more clearly the part of the Guns sound Slash was. And Izzy. Duff too. (but to a lesser extent)

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Atlas shrugged is glam rock Nov Rain

Soul Monster a black sabbath moment

The General sequel to Estranged

Berlin is Axl is in court. Bring a flask of whiskey.

Seven is another Beltrami on strings.

Zodiac if this sucks the OPD will roll up.

Ides of March sounds epic

Down by the Ocean is an Izzy song.

Silkworms & Oh my God new versions

Possible Axl n Dj song, Baz has heard it

Goin' Down Axl on vocals

The thing is, with the boring era you hoped that Axl was some artistic genius preparing a trilogy of Floydesque album. Now, with CD out, we know differently. He was, while we all thought he was mixing up Reznor and Waters, really writing Korn b-sides and scratching his arsehole!

We know differently? I know what I've always knew: Axl is not a genius. Just a talented singer with a lot of charisma. Now, with CD out, I know just how big of a part he was of old Guns. (pretty big) but just a part. It also made me see more clearly the part of the Guns sound Slash was. And Izzy. Duff too. (but to a lesser extent)

This about sums me up too. Well put Rovim.

Goin' Down Axl on vocals

Jackie Chan is a rant song about the old band and Axl explaining himself? maybe kinda like Prostitute thematically.

Thyme? Beta's Barn?

I wonder which song contains Robin's "SRV type solo".

Edited by Rovim

Goin' Down Axl on vocals

Jackie Chan is a rant song about the old band and Axl explaining himself? maybe kinda like Prostitute thematically.

Thyme? Beta's Barn?

Thyme is one I forgot. And Quick Song. No intel. Brain said something about Quick Song?

Beta's Barn is Pitman's favorite. I think it might be his remix of Better.

Better should have had a double cd-single release with the two versions and 6 remixes.

Pretty quickly we got

Oh My God

Silkworms

Chi Dem

Riad n the Bedouins

The Blues

Madagascar

I pretty much thought that was the first side of record, so any Trent meets Pink F ideas were other peoples, I don't really hear that. I thought 3 cds of that kind of stuff with maybe something longer. I still think they have a trilogy of material.

Then we got

Better

TWAT

IRS

Catcher

maybe IRS earlier. But that second batch really confirmed it was business as usual, but just not as hard rock.

I did expect some wacky Bucket head or My World type stuff. Maybe that was If the World, Shackler's, Scraped in the end that fucked people up enough.

The main shock was that even on the ballads Axl worked in 90s feel. That might have been a disappointment to many.

I feel like CD was right on the money in terms of moving on a bit and leaving space to explore. 90s in the 00s next, CD II - Rollercoaster of Destruction. They have the ride and the ammo left to make out alive.

Goin' Down Axl on vocals

Thyme? Beta's Barn?

Thyme is one I forgot. And Quick Song. No intel. Brain said something about Quick Song?

Beta's Barn is Pitman's favorite. I think it might be his remix of Better.

Better should have had a double cd-single release with the two versions and 6 remixes.

Pretty quickly we got

Oh My God

Silkworms

Chi Dem

Riad n the Bedouins

The Blues

Madagascar

I pretty much thought that was the first side of record, so any Trent meets Pink F ideas were other peoples, I don't really hear that. I thought 3 cds of that kind of stuff with maybe something longer. I still think they have a trilogy of material.

Then we got

Better

TWAT

IRS

Catcher

maybe IRS earlier. But that second batch really confirmed it was business as usual, but just not as hard rock.

I did expect some wacky Bucket head or My World type stuff. Maybe that was If the World, Shackler's, Scraped in the end that fucked people up enough.

The main shock was that even on the ballads Axl worked in 90s feel. That might have been a disappointment to many.

I feel like CD was right on the money in terms of moving on a bit and leaving space to explore. 90s in the 00s next, CD II - Rollercoaster of Destruction. They have the ride and the ammo left to make out alive.

I just feel like CD ll will be more unhinged. There is license to do more here. Brain said something about blowing your balls off.

The 90s feel yeah. But then again, worked really well for Street Of Dreams in some way. Bucket's outro in that one was quite beautiful. He can do that Axl/Slash thing, playing behind Axl vocals. Bumble did it with his Catcher outro, but it kinda colided with it and it bothered some people.

Silkworms - I hope it's on there. Fucked up vibe. Tiny leak sounds better.

Moving on leaving more space to explore - that reminds me something Tommy said about how Chinese was more open compared to Illusions or Appetite or both.

I think it is more open and that is cause the structure of the songs seem to be more dynamic and insane at times. Like Better. It doesn't really go with what you'll think is the most obvious route musically. Rocket Queen had that unexpected outro. Locomotive. It is a Guns staple in a way.

Then you inject some shred to the mix and you know what it is also? it's less riff driven tunes. The riff is not the king anymore. Less riffrock, more epic seymour weeping. So you can get a few cool riffs in there, like Robin's riff in There Was A Time just before Bucket's outro, but it's a part of something bigger. It's Axl and his melodies that dictate all of it.

Axl's melodies make it more of a song compared to how Slash's riffs work. Makes sense I suppose, but in Guns I feel like if you can only choose one of those 2 very important Guns elements, you'll go with Axl melodies. You can't replace that. Can't really replace Slash's riffs, but you can get Robin to come up with Better and just sing over that and make it Guns.

I expect to barely survive the ride. Anything less will not do.

• Like 1

I think it's more the track listing. If it was more like this

Riad n the Bedouins

Catcher in the Rye

If the World

Sorry

Scraped

IRS

Shackler's

that would be more unhinged.

I guess to me Chinese seemed like Axl was trying to make it more Guns by trying to use the track listing as a throwaway to what came before.

So Chinese Democracy (the song) had like a Jungle intro, Shackler's had that low It's So Easy voice but also a similar vibe. Axl was going for a more classic thing with Chinese imo. Like how Prostitute ends for example. And how he made There Was A Time and Catcher to be the centerpiece of Chinese putting them back to back.

• Like 1

I think it's more the track listing. If it was more like this

Riad n the Bedouins

Catcher in the Rye

If the World

Sorry

Scraped

IRS

Shackler's

that would be more unhinged.

I guess to me Chinese seemed like Axl was trying to make it more Guns by trying to use the track listing as a throwaway to what came before.

So Chinese Democracy (the song) had like a Jungle intro, Shackler's had that low It's So Easy voice but also a similar vibe. Axl was going for a more classic thing with Chinese imo. Like how Prostitute ends for example. And how he made There Was A Time and Catcher to be the centerpiece of Chinese putting them back to back.

I think that's what he did, almost like the ultimate GNR album, yet not because it's made by 90s alternative band, a contradiction in terms, almost like a ….Chinese Democracy.

CD type album from the old band would be:

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Sweet Child

Estranged

Heavens Door

Paradise City

One in a Million

Out Ta Get Me

Garden of Eden

Don't Cry

Brownstone

Civil War

November Rain

Coma

Too many ballads, too many epics many. with the odd haymaker to keep people guessing. I think people would get the same feeling as with CD, it's a bit tiring. Jungle and Easy fast n fun, then into the single, then a piano ballad, then a bond theme cover tune, then an epic, then an epic.

Can you imagine the amount of synth blips and farts and power chords which Axl will include to CD2? I mean, it's been six years since CD was released. Six years of Axl cutting, copying and pasting guitar, drums and bass tracks (cause he TOTALLY trust in his employees' personal taste and abilities), adding useless power chords, stolen ambient intros and FUCKING SUB-BASS!! CD2 will be amazing. How can a track named "Atlas Shrugged" not be an epic complex Queen+NIN masterpiece fuck Slash? What about 'The General'? Title says it all. It's the sequel to 'Scraped' and 'Estranged'. A trilogy only Axl could come up with... I'll be laughing at those who said CD2 would never be released. HA HA HA.

It's not Axl's style to promise to come back next year with a whole bunch of new songs so if he told Revolver the songs are ready and that's he looking very seriously into releasing them... it MUST TO BE TRUE. Hell yeah, I'm excited and my blood is boiling. FUCK YOU HATERS!!! Ron Thal is IN Guns n' Roses. Hey 'cano how ya been ol' pal?,,,