Replacements working on a new album

You're dreaming. Axl on his own has zero motivation to fo anything.

The first time he says he wants to tour/record and BBF, Tommy and Ashba all turn around and say "sorry, busy with other stuff" he'll take it as a slight on him, be pissed off and depressed and hole up in his mansion for ten years.

Edited by tomfriend

Seriously, Axl should start considering talking to Slash again. NuGNR has become a side project for the hired hands. While Axl does nothing or adds "finishing touches" to 15 years old songs. Does anyone still have any faith in this "band"?

No, including the members evidently

• Like 2

Seriously, Axl should start considering talking to Slash again. NuGNR has become a side project for the hired hands. While Axl does nothing or adds "finishing touches" to 15 years old songs. Does anyone still have any faith in this "band"?

I have no more faith in classic GNR, or any other band that has Axl in it.

"NuGNR has become a side project for the hired hands".

I don't think any other statement that has been made on any GNR board, ever, has accurately described the dire situation 'GNR' is in more than this one. Imagine the thought of GNR, once the biggest band in the world, essentially becoming a side project to guys like Ron B.F Thel and Tommy Stuson. Pretty much nobodies outside the GNR universe. Its crazy.

GNR is finished. I know Axl has only been disappointing people and making shockingly bad decisions for the past 20 years (lol) but the band has past the point of no return. Not even guys who wear KFC buckets on their heads who break dance on stage to German fusion industrial techno are willing to perform with Axl anymore. I wonder if many of the Axl Rose defence force can even begin to understand the implications of what I just said.

Anyone wanting a reunion at this point is speaking so purely out of emotion. Whatever product that would be offered up lead by Axl would severely tarnish the bands successful portion of their history and just make people want the classic days even more. Axl can no longer deliver a serious version of GNR, regardless of who he would be playing with. The current bunch just highlight it more, because they are such a mismatch of characters (some hopelessly incompetent).

Imagine guys like Bucket, BBF and yes even Robin telling Axl they were leaving the band in the UYI days (not that they'd even be in the band in that successful period but just for example). Axl and management would literally laugh in their face, knowing they could get any world class guy to replace them the next day. At this point, no one with a shred of integrity wants to go near the mess that is current day GNR. Things are so bad that the thought of a token touring guitarist like BBF leaving, is one that people talk about saying it has the potential to cripple the band.

We now believe even more than before. Much better than the old one.

Edited by JoePerry954
  • Like 2

GNR are a touring band, simple as that

Not to be overly dramatic, but what a tragedy that is for music. Not for the "world" - but solely in terms of rock music.

The most interesting singer in rock music of our generation has only released one album of original material in the past 23 years and has an incredibly small body of work. It'd be like Michael Jordan only playing five years in the NBA or Muhammad Ali only having 10 professional fights.

In terms of music, this really is a crying shame.