At What Point Do You Give Up On This Band?

What's "giving up"? I'm not losing sleep wondering what Axl is doing every minute of every day, in physical pain at the lack of album. But I like all of the albums GN'R have made so far, I will pay to see them if resources and scheduling permit, and I will buy any record they put out. There will never be a point that I say "It took you 30 years to make an album? No I won;t listen." But I'm not terribly fussed by any of it to begin with, so I don't think "giving up" means much to me.

Never.

Axl is still my favorite singer of all time, so I'll always wish the guy would share his music and tremendous talents with his millions of fans.

Same here 100%

Great White, LA Guns, Kix and Ratt are still putting out albums. The rock world needs more Axl Rose music just to help us deal with those albums I just mentioned!!!

• Like 1

I'd rather hear a Great White, LA Guns, Kix or Ratt album instead of what's on the radio today. And probably instead of more Axl ballads, too.

Release what's in the vault from the original GNR and then some from early nugnr. There's probably enough material combined to buy some time to do another 3 or 4 (NOT) CD tours and milk the new stuff.

In fairness, when it comes to GnR:

- My level of caring for another tour: 0/10

- My hopes for a new album coming out: -3/10

- My hopes for a new album being good: 2/10

- My interest in anything this band releases other than new material: 0/10
- My faith in this band as a whole: notevenaband/10
- My faith in their management: complaints/10

- Ashba: -∞ (minus infinity) /10

The only 3 things I'd still care for in GnR land:

- Reunion and whatever comes from it (tour, album, whatever)

- Anything released from the 1986-1994 period

- The 1998-2008 CD sessions 7cd/3dvd box set

Edited by username

It's not exactly like a burden you're carrying, it's a band, either some shit'll come out, or it won't, what is there to give up on? Give up on 'following' them? Well unless you're going around picking up the fag butts outside Steven Adlers house...sorry, flat...sorry room in shared accommodation :lol: Or taking down Duffs license plate number, or compiling Izzy scrapbooks, or writing Axl fan fiction, what is there to give up on?

I'm not making Izzy scrapbooks. Izzy fan fic, on the other hand...

I don't get how Axl can possibly motivate himself beating a long dead horse's achievements constantly whilst masquerading as the same album tour twice more than was necessary AFTER the actual world tour, not to mention a few of the same songs were played even in 2001 lol on the SAME chinese democracy tour... the guy has a screw loose. I know they were marketed differently but the setlist was 90% the same and no further songs were released except a Going Down leak. He could have done so goddamn much with the personnel, opportunities and talent he himself is locking away, he can still do 3 more years of superb performances if he holds the band together and gets the hell in the studio or just jamming and gathering shit for 6 months ya know... I won't give up until he retires cause Axl is always on Axl time even if it is a bizarre arc of existence to me.

Why does Axl hate Slash so much??? Does he blame him for the mess his life/career became? Is is all because he wouldnt let Axl dictate and call the shots? Granted, Axl had his issues as did slash. But 20 yrs later and people can't bury the past??? Cmon. Life is too short.

Never, and I already have. I'm one of oldest fans here as it seems. Seen them live for the first time right after Adler left, and seen a NuGnr also.

Love their music, loved their attitude, learned some things from them, love them still, listening old and new music, reading about them,...I'll always look forward getting new stuff from any one of them, in any possible form, but to be honest Gnr doesn't exist...it is dead since around 1993...

I pretty much had faith this band was going to do great things all the way up until 2006 and once it became blatantly obvious they flat out lied to fans that an album was coming so they could milk that shit to tour and make more money off false promises I started to give up. Then I heard CD and pretty much rolled my eyes that we waited so long for THAT. Since then it's been so obvious this band doesn't give a flying fuck about fans, the lineup is a joke at thsi point, the whole RRHOF debacle was such a low point for GnR and now the never ending bullshit with Dizzy and DJ always talking about how great all the material is and how they're hoping to release ew music and blah blah blah fucking blah.

Hopes/interest in another tour - ZERO

Hopes of a new album - ZERO

interest in a new album 1/10

A reunion at this point is the only thing that peaks my interest but if it's just to tour my interest is a bit less. Ax is such a weak link it might be more sad than anything seeing him try to hold his own on stage with Slash and Duff.

My interest in a new album from a reunited GnR with Slash, Duff and possibly Izzy will always be sky high. Hopes of it happening. Almost zero

• Like 2

Not really sure what giving up on this band means exactly? Either the album will come out or it won't. I'm not gonna stop listening to GNR if the album doesn't come out. Why should I? I like the music. And if a new album comes out some day I'll buy it and I'll probably enjoy it. It's as simple as that. What is there to give up on?

Agreed 100%.

What, exactly, does "following the band" entail? Posting on some online message boards during work?

Gotta tell you, that's not really putting me out.

People talk like there is all this time and dedication needed to follow this band. Like its prep for running a marathon or something.

I pretty much had faith this band was going to do great things all the way up until 2006 and once it became blatantly obvious they flat out lied to fans that an album was coming so they could milk that shit to tour and make more money off false promises I started to give up. Then I heard CD and pretty much rolled my eyes that we waited so long for THAT. Since then it's been so obvious this band doesn't give a flying fuck about fans, the lineup is a joke at thsi point, the whole RRHOF debacle was such a low point for GnR and now the never ending bullshit with Dizzy and DJ always talking about how great all the material is and how they're hoping to release ew music and blah blah blah fucking blah.

Hopes/interest in another tour - ZERO

Hopes of a new album - ZERO

interest in a new album 1/10

A reunion at this point is the only thing that peaks my interest but if it's just to tour my interest is a bit less. Ax is such a weak link it might be more sad than anything seeing him try to hold his own on stage with Slash and Duff.

My interest in a new album from a reunited GnR with Slash, Duff and possibly Izzy will always be sky high. Hopes of it happening. Almost zero

Exactly this.

Not really sure what giving up on this band means exactly? Either the album will come out or it won't. I'm not gonna stop listening to GNR if the album doesn't come out. Why should I? I like the music. And if a new album comes out some day I'll buy it and I'll probably enjoy it. It's as simple as that. What is there to give up on?

Agreed 100%.

What, exactly, does "following the band" entail? Posting on some online message boards during work?

Gotta tell you, that's not really putting me out.

People talk like there is all this time and dedication needed to follow this band. Like its prep for running a marathon or something.

for some people: WITHOUT work and have a lot of spare time :awesomeface:

If some people have given up already then why are they still here ?

lulz and cool people

Can u put that in English for me

Many posters come her because they have fun and they like the other posters. Axl's GNR sucks ass. Pretty much always has.

I can point you to a couple ghost town forums where "true fans" reside if you like. Just let me know. Around here we laugh at funny stuff, and NuGNR is funny as hell and not to be taken seriously.

• Like 1