70's Movies

Snake-Pit

I was so confused for ages by that scene in Fist of Fury (as Chinese Connection is known in the UK) where Bruce Lee finds out the cook is Japanese, because the camera zooms in on his chest to show him wearing that Japanese underwear, but as a kid I thought he figured out he was Japanese because of his nipples :lol:

Best Bruce Lee film by far ("this time, you're eating paper... next time you'll be eating glass..."), The Big Boss/Fists of Fury is pretty good, I like Way of the Dragon/Return of the Dragon but I was always disappointed by the lack of Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon.

Edited by Amir

Honestly Bruce Lee, Mike Tyson, and Muhammad Ali

We've gotta be fuckin' related :lol:

Whatcha mean they re-did The Game of Death without the cut out shots? Save for that last ending fight with Inosanto and Kareem and all them the whole movie basically was cut out shots, they hadn't filmed it yet. I know they refound those ending fights, the full footage of em but thats it, they re-did the whole movie?

No, they didn't find footage from the beginning, but they did find complete fighting sequences from the entire ending of the film. What I saw was Lee's widow explaining what Bruce intended for that film to be, which was basically Bruce taking on masters of Karate, Kung Fu, Ninjitsu, etc and showing how HIS style was more advanced. Because he found all of those styles follow a set of rules, therefore have a set of weaknesses. Which Bruce found to be very limiting and unrealistic in actual combat. It might make for pretty cheorography, but not good for actual fighting. So he wanted to show how his style can adapt and exploit the weaknesses of all major forms of martial arts. Which is really what that film was supposed to be about. Then the final battle against Kareem was him basically showing how anyone can beat anyone, no matter of size. It was him literally bringing his "Be like water" philosphy to the big screen. So the version I watched had his widow explain each scene, what extra footage they found, and what Bruce's intention was for those scenes. It was really supposed to be his crowning achievement, not Enter the Dragon. But as I said before, the version that got released was the bastardized version. But if you look, one does exist that is how I just explained, which is as close to Bruce's vision as humanly possible. Of course they cut out ALL of the plot scenes, which were rediculous anyways. Luckily he filmed the fight scenes and end of the film first. Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

I was so confused for ages by that scene in Fist of Fury (as Chinese Connection is known in the UK) where Bruce Lee finds out the cook is Japanese, because the camera zooms in on his chest to show him wearing that Japanese underwear, but as a kid I thought he figured out he was Japanese because of his nipples :lol:

Best Bruce Lee film by far ("this time, you're eating paper... next time you'll be eating glass..."), The Big Boss/Fists of Fury is pretty good, I like Way of the Dragon/Return of the Dragon but I was always disappointed by the lack of Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon.

It does get a little confusing because of the different names for the same film released in different parts of the world.

I look at like this, lol

The one where he fights Chuck Norris

The one that takes place in OLD China

The one where he helps the people save their resturant

Game of Death and Enter the Dragon (those two are easy to remember)

I know their are others, but I can't recall them off the top of my head. Isn't The Big Boss the one where they fight at the ice factory? Bruce wasn't in that one much if I remember correctly. I haven't watched those films in a while, but you guys are making me want to have a Bruce Lee marathon, lol. :)

Some of my favs, off the top of my head....

Save The Tiger

Lenny

Straw Dogs

Mean Streets

Taxi Driver

Halloween

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Being There

Five Easy Pieces

Badlands

Bananas

Young Frankenstein

A Woman Under The Influence

Solaris

Slap Shot

The Jerk

Suspiria

Sleeper

Harold And Maude

Eraserhead

Pink Flamingos

The Warriors

Rocky

The Outfit

Fingers

Saturday Night Fever

North Dallas Forty

Murder On The Orient Express

Straight Time

The Candidate

The Muppet Movie

Invasion Of The Body Snatchers

Dawn Of The Dead

The Omen

Why did you kill my teacher then?!?! WHY DID YOU KILL MY TEACHERRRR, WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!!

I thought that was the baddest shit in the world as a kid. And now in my 30s, i agree with the kid. Anyway, i had no idea bout that underwear shit either, he finds out cuz he hears em talking about it in the kitchen before he comes in kicks seven shades of shit out of em.

Nobody quite administers a kicking like Bruce eh? Fuckin' fantastic, like that found footage of Game of Death, he sort of gives em a bollocking about Jeet Kune Do whilst fuckin' em up, get on that :lol: Thats like getting done by your old man as a kid, like 'BANG!' why'd you do that shit?!? 'BANG' i told you not to do that shit, look at you know :lol:

I'm telling you when your rehearsed routine cannot keep up with my broken rhythm then....I'ma beat that ass' :lol:

• Like 1