Slash and Jack Black join Foo Fighters for 'Tie Your Mother Down'

WFA

Yeah, how cool would it be to have GNR be relevant today. Drummer from Nirvana (Hi Axl, Hi Axl, Hi Axl) seems to get better and cooler with age, complete opposite of Mr.Bailey.

Actually very pathetic. Foo Fighters throw out 15 of their 31 songs of their near 3 hour set of covers on a whim, and cool as shit, Team Brazil will build up new setlist with 2-3 new songs (covers albeit) and we get a few new AC/DC songs thrown into the tour.. it's actually comical that we still got some followers.

Edited by slim26

My fave Grohl story is the jamming with the purple one Prince;

Speaking to Rolling Stone, Grohl reveals that the unlikely incident started after the Foo Fighters recorded a version of Prince's track 'Darling Nikki'. After it received radio play, Prince denied permission to put out the record, but then recorded his own take of the Foos 'Best Of You' at the Superbowl.

Grohl reveals: "Then three years ago, Prince books 21 nights at the Forum [in L.A.]. I can't fucking wait. I go to the first show, in a party bus with all my friends, boozing it up. I walk into the Forum Club and bump into somebody from a road crew I'd worked with before. He says, 'Prince knows you're here. He wants to jam.'

"The end of the night, I'm standing next to this black curtain. I pull it back – there's Prince with Sheila E. I go, 'Hey, man, great show.' He says, 'When do you want to jam? How about Friday?' All right, cool!"

After keeping Grohl waiting for the pre-requisite week, the Foos frontman heads ot the Forum before any of the crowd have entered the arena..

"We start playing," remembers Grohl. "He's got the whole band up there, throwing chord changes with his fingers, conducting the band as we're jamming. I can't believe this is happening. And it's happening in a completely empty Forum. Then he puts on a guitar and starts playing [Led Zeppelin's] 'Whole Lotta Love'. It's fuckin' bad-ass. We do that for ten minutes. It slays. He says, 'We should do that, man. What are you doing next Friday?' "I go back to catering. I'm confused. I don't know if I should stay. One of his guys says, 'He knows you're here. He might call you up.' And his shows are long. I lasted two hours, tried not to drink. But I had to go. And the next Friday I had a fundraiser at my kid's nursery school.

"I never heard from Prince again. But I swear it happened. I swear. And nobody saw it."