The Frank Drebin Appreciation Thread

Facekicker

This is one of the best characters of all time. Leslie Nielson found his calling as an actor when he made this character come to life. I remember the tv show, but the movies were so damn funny.

I also loved Leslie in some of the Scary Movie movies.

These movies are just so silly, but make you smile all the same. Such good characters to support Frank.

When I watch them today and see OJ, it makes me sad to think how horrible his life turned out. Who would have thought?

• Like 1

There was a VHS at my grandparents in Tehran that had Naked Gun 33 1/3 taped off UK telly, used to watch that nearly every time I was there.

I had a similar experience in Kashmir for a year but my film collection was a little larger, Commando, Predator, The Ten Commandment, For A Few Dollars More, Beverley Hills Cop 2 and El Dorado. Needless to say they got shagged to death.

On topic:

OJ was hilairious in those films.

There was a VHS at my grandparents in Tehran that had Naked Gun 33 1/3 taped off UK telly, used to watch that nearly every time I was there.

I had a similar experience in Kashmir for a year but my film collection was a little larger, Commando, Predator, The Ten Commandment, For A Few Dollars More, Beverley Hills Cop 2 and El Dorado. Needless to say they got shagged to death.

On topic:

I think Commando might have been among the VHSes, my uncle was a big Arnie fan and he was living with my grandparents for a while. Eraser was as well, god what a piece of shit that film was compared to the masterpiece that is Commando :lol:

On topic:

I think Commando might have been among the VHSes, my uncle was a big Arnie fan and he was living with my grandparents for a while. Eraser was as well, god what a piece of shit that film was compared to the masterpiece that is Commando :lol:

To this day I am still not sure if Commando was meant to be tongue in cheek or if they were being serious, either way it is a masterpiece! :D

On topic:

To this day I am still not sure if Commando was meant to be tongue in cheek or if they were being serious, either way it is a masterpiece! :D

All those 80s movies had a strong vein of tongue in cheek-ness to em, they didnt not know their shortcomings, they sort of played on em. Trouble is that sort of things only really clever if you are actually capable of making something better, which they weren't :lol: