How Death by the Hands of the Law Should be Handled

downzy

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/24/the-wedding-day-cop-killing.html

While sad to see someone die, it's nice to see that some police divisions are opening up on matters of life and death. Seems like having cameras on officers works well in these kinds of situations. Sure, there might be some issues as a result (i.e., what if the camera doesn't turn on at the right moment, leaving out context), but the approach overall taken by the Muskogee police department should be emulated by other departments around North America.

• Like 1

with how things have been going lately, body cameras are no longer an option for police, they are a necessity. People can't lie in court, cop or potential offender. Body cameras would have saved me about 2 years of stress fighting lying police officers in court.

• Like 2

I think they should bring back hanging or the electric chair.

I don't think this lethal injection is working especially when they run out of the correct drug to use.

Or maybe however these killers killed people, do the same to them.

I disagree, but capital punishment isn't what this topic is about. Please stay on topic.

• Like 2

it would make things infinitely easier when all you have to do is pop in a video and see the whole situation unfold. it helped get a couple of cops arrested in new mexico who murdered a homeless man who was walking away from the cops when he was shot and killed. (i posted the whole video in a police thread)

here is a link to that story

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2015/01/2-new-mexico-officers-face-charges-in-death-of-homeless-man/

• Like 1

it would make things infinitely easier when all you have to do is pop in a video and see the whole situation unfold. it helped get a couple of cops arrested in new mexico who murdered a homeless man who was walking away from the cops when he was shot and killed. (i posted the whole video in a police thread)

here is a link to that story

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2015/01/2-new-mexico-officers-face-charges-in-death-of-homeless-man/

Then again cops are caught beating the shit out of people, sometimes to death, on video and still get off.

more cameras, seriously?

In this instance sure. How much did this simplify things because the shooting was recorded?

why don't we just put cameras on ourselves, and be required to wear little helmet cams everywhere we go?

and little microchips embedded in our necks so the government can follow us around 24/7.

all because a few isolated cases of over reaction to a few low lifes resisting arrest.

you guys are helping redefine the word goofy.

Edited by shades

This isn't putting anything on private citizens, it's putting cameras on police. When you sign on the dotted line for a job like that, you waive your right to complete privacy. I just got interviewed for a government position and I had to be fingerprinted, but I'm not screaming 1984. We have a right as citizens to police transparency over their police privacy.

more cameras, seriously?

In this instance sure. How much did this simplify things because the shooting was recorded?

why don't we just put cameras on ourselves, and be required to wear little helmet cams everywhere we go?

and little microchips embedded in our necks so the government can follow us around 24/7.

all because a few isolated cases of over reaction to a few low lifes resisting arrest.

you guys are helping redefine the word goofy.

Not the brightest bulb in the box are you? <_<