[FALSE] Axl joining Slash's brazilian tour.

Now Gilby Clarke comes on stage.

Audience is chanting GUNS N ROSES.

Shows people regard that as more GN'R than Axl's circus.

LOL. Of course that is your negative point of view kicking in. I know it's your act.

Actually, shows people want GN'R reuniting instead of Slash and his circus. Slash got pissed off. I'm glad.

Not negative. There (Slash/Duff/Gilby) is 'Guns N' Roses'. Proof is in the pudding. Just ask those Argie fans.

Slash got pissed off. I'm glad.

So am I, actually. If he didn't want that to happen there was one easy thing to do. Address this rumour a week or so in advance and confirm it's bullshit. Axl knew about it so I'm sure Slash did as well...

Now Gilby Clarke comes on stage.

Audience is chanting GUNS N ROSES.

Shows people regard that as more GN'R than Axl's circus.

LOL. Of course that is your negative point of view kicking in. I know it's your act.

Actually, shows people want GN'R reuniting instead of Slash and his circus. Slash got pissed off. I'm glad.

Not negative. There (Slash/Duff/Gilby) is 'Guns N' Roses'. Proof is in the pudding. Just ask those Argie fans.

And what of the fans who've been chanting that at Axl's shows since 2001?

That idiotic rumour made me listen to a Slash show which I don't normally do to myself. And yes it was as pathethic as I knew it would be. Too bad those two wouldn't reunite after they have both proved to the world over and over again how incapable they are of making anything of value on their own :huh:

The bitterness is strong in this one.

I bet your still pissed off that you didn't marry your boyfriend from 6th grade.

Watching would be much too much :wacko: Listening to 3 songs was the maximum bearable dose...

The GNR songs were a nightmare. I just can't understand why they're playing them at all? It's kinda like if you're fat and and crooked and your friend is a hot chick you don't wear the same dress for everyone to be able to compare and see how much uglier you are, right? So if you have a shitty singer who cannot sing at all you don't ask him to perform the songs that you once played with the best singer in the world...

And the same goes for Axl in this respect. :shrugs: I can' t stand what his "guitarists" do with those songs, what he himself does with them... Just forget them, they're history. Make fucking new ones, make them good, make them with talented musicians and concentrate on them. Or call it a day and start paintning instead. Or reunite...

I think the guitarist shame is more bearable than the singer crap. Myles can't sing Guns N' Roses. Rocket Queen, WTTJ, It's so easy, they are songs that have Axl's mark. His trademark of growls and whispers and low-tone tricks Myles just can't pull not even in his dreams. I know it is really difficult to fill Axl's shoes even if the jerks here say Axl sings like shit, he's still Axl. He's unique and lines such as "turn around bitch I've got a use for you" or "I'm a sexual innuendo in this burned out paradise" and many other lines from Jungle, for example, simply don't fit Myles personality and stage presence at all. It's almost like a nun singing those lines.

I cringed so much during Rocket Queen. So fucking embarassed that he must be totally ashamed of singing those lines in that way like an innocent cat, u know?

Slash has to play those songs because he wrote them and he cashes on them the same as Axl does, or Duff... It's inevitable... But good lord, they are a fucking pain in Myles voice! And that's all I'm gonna say. I'm not going to kill him on the rest of the songs because a) I don't give a fuck about Velvet Revolver b) I don't give a fuck about the Conspirators c) I guess he must sing his own songs good and that's his style and some people may like his style and his voice. My problem is with the GNR songs and his performance.

I like Slash, I like his playing but unfortunately I can't put the other guy on mute while he's playing so I appreciate the solo parts and shit. That's it.

• Like 1

Gilby is not Guns N Roses. I know what the fans here want. We want GNR with Slash, Duff, Izzy and Axl (and Steven if he could make it).

Myles Kennedy, that emo guitarist guy and the rest can go fuck themselves. People were chanting Guns N Roses because they are fond of the band.

Yeah, you're right, Tiny Robot. I can't put the guy on mute as much as I can't put the guitarists in Axl's band on mute. And I can't stand either, unfortunately :no:

So, all I do with respect to this band since 96 is trying to find the best you tube videos from the pre-96 era when it was all truly great and amazing. Axl is still Axl, even if he sounds worse, Slash is still Slash and I still like his playing even if he hasn't done anything remarkable since the split but what they surrund themselves with is already much too much for my spoiled ears.

Spoiled by what they used to do back in the day. Wish I had a chance to see them back then... But unfortunately I was too young to travel to other countries and they never came to my part of the world. So that chance was lost forever :(

Edited by Asia

Umm.... I don't know.... Buckethead, Finck, Fortus.... They are really good guitarists and I don't think they butch the ol GNR songs. Maybe BBF and Ashba do but all in all, the last line-up put on a really good show. None of them is Slash either, they are not unique and have a recognizable style like Slash has (except for Buckethead) but I find it more bearable than listening to Myles Kennedy trying to sing lines about drugs and sex, two things he's never experimented :lol:

I like all incarnations of Guns N Roses with their ups and downs and I'm interested in all the material available, old and new. I was also too young to go to their shows in their 90's and even though they did play in my country it didn't happen in my city so it was hard for me, as a kid, to travel to see them. Still, I'm grateful for seeing Axl at least, not in his prime, but the show I attended was amazing and he sang like the rock God he is. No disappointment :)

Gilby is not Guns N Roses. I know what the fans here want. We want GNR with Slash, Duff, Izzy and Axl (and Steven if he could make it).

Myles Kennedy, that emo guitarist guy and the rest can go fuck themselves. People were chanting Guns N Roses because they are fond of the band.

No, but it is sure as hell more 'Guns N' Roses' than Axl and twenty bums.

• Like 1

Slash and Duff = 2/6 of the UYI lineup.

Axl and Dizzy = 2/6 of the UYI lineup

when Duff played with Axl, it was Axl, Duff and Dizzy = 3/6 of the UYI lineup

So technically when Duff played with Axl for a month on the last tour it was more GN'R than what we got tonight.

Slash and Duff = 2/6 of the UYI lineup.

Axl and Dizzy = 2/6 of the UYI lineup

when Duff played with Axl, it was Axl, Duff and Dizzy = 3/6 of the UYI lineup

So technically when Duff played with Axl for a month on the last tour it was more GN'R than what we got tonight.

Dizzy haha.

• Like 3

Everybody who said they chanted "Gun's n Roses" because they regard what they saw on stage as "more Guns n Roses" than Axl's GnR is a complete an utter idiot. Period.

By that stupid flawed logic, the crowd at WWE events chants "CM Punk! CM Punk!" when AJ Lee comes out because they think of her as "more CM Punk" than CM Punk.

Dumb asses.

Edited by DeadSlash

Your conclusion was much dumber than that. Just say "I fucking hate Axl" and call it a day. Don't make yourself look like an asshole stretching logic beyond it's limits to try to prove "Everyone should hate Axl."

He's the blindest of the Slash fanboys, he doesn't know any better.

Your conclusion was much dumber than that. Just say "I fucking hate Axl" and call it a day. Don't make yourself look like an asshole stretching logic beyond it's limits to try to prove "Everyone should hate Axl."

He keeps repeating this people yet I have disliked the majority of Slash's solo albums! Work that one out? He also keeps repeating the 'Slash plays clubs to two people' line even if you can provide proof Slash is on sell out arena tours! If Damn Smooth says something, he says something and just shouts you down with idiocy. He is not much of a smooth operator at all when you think of it?

Can I not just say ''I fucking hate Axl'' and still state the true of the scenario? Why not have the best of both worlds?

• Like 1

Slash got pissed off. I'm glad.

So am I, actually. If he didn't want that to happen there was one easy thing to do. Address this rumour a week or so in advance and confirm it's bullshit. Axl knew about it so I'm sure Slash did as well...

This. I'm disappointed in all of these guys. Everyone knew about this rumor and not a single former member tied to this came out and called BS. Makes it look like Slash and Duff were allowing free promotion of their gig at Axl's expense. And Axl's camp seemingly allowed that promotion to happen. Makes no sense at all given the history. If Axl's camp let this happen just for their own amusement (why post that Argentina video on their GNR page?), that's even more fucked up given how Axl's band dangles carrots in front of it's fans only to keep pulling the string away. Shame on us for even caring anymore.

Not surprised it didn't happen, but I was hopeful. Maybe it WAS supposed to happen but Axl got cold feet or a bad case of TB cock-blocking the idea and didn't show in the 11th hour. Maybe that's why Slash was pissed. Who the fuck knows.

It's a shame to watch all the talent these guys have get flushed down the toilet and, at best, milk the old band's music for every last penny in half filled arenas.

He keeps repeating this people yet I have disliked the majority of Slash's solo albums! Work that one out? He also keeps repeating the 'Slash plays clubs to two people' line even if you can provide proof Slash is on sell out arena tours! If Damn Smooth says something, he says something and just shouts you down with idiocy. He is not much of a smooth operator at all when you think of it?

Can I not just say ''I fucking hate Axl'' and still state the true of the scenario? Why not have the best of both worlds?

This halfwit jumps around the forum insulting anything Axl does and defending Slash against any and all accusations no matter how much truth there is behind them, and still can't come to grips with the fact that he is the blindest of all fanboys of anything ever. The simpleton actually believes that since Slash sold as many tickets as Axl in his hometown, at lower ticket prices than Guns, that Slash is somehow a more successful touring act than a band that is seemingly doing everything possible not to draw a crowd. Not once have I shouted this clown down with idiocy, but each and every time I have shot him down with common sense.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

It's a shame to watch all the talent these guys have get flushed down the toilet and, at best, milk the old band's music for every last penny in half filled arenas.

so true.

if axl's ego wasn't so big, gnr would still be alive and would be one of the most successful bands in the world.

His conclusion is so fucking dumb he doesnt even know the guy he says is 100% GNR was pissed at the crowd for chanting the name of a band he doesnt belong to anymore.

That's how retarded this monkey is.

so true.

if axl's ego wasn't so big, gnr would still be alive and would be one of the most successful bands in the world.

Slash ego is huge too and he's fucking moody and acts like a diva too.

He showed it here in Arg.

Tinyrobot:

Insulting somebody who says this is more GNR than Axls band (which indeed is) isn't dumb? Is it smarter to stay here and watch all night a show you actually hate to watch just because there was an idiotic rumor about Axl joining a Slash show?

Actually nobody could be dumb enough to believe in this rumor, so I think you secretly loved to watch the show but you just can't admit it to yourself and to anybody else.

If thats not the case just don't watch it and talk it permanently down. Go and watch some Bridge School Gigs and Rock in Rio's instead of badmouthing a great live band with more than one great singer.

Same goes for Asia

Edited by Free Bird

Slash can tweet ascii pics of top hats and write about what a fucking cool fucking show he fucking had motherfuckers every night. Axl can tweet pictures of bollocks and what sausages he had for breakfast. Neither can take 5 seconds to disspell a rumour and avoid disappointing paying fans. As usual, the fans get fucked. Welcome to my bunghole.

As for Fernando, tweeting the Argentina thing and being all vague and 'ooh, I'm working on things, I'm the Svengali behind the curtain'....puh-lease. You're the living embodiment of this band's ineptitude and contempt for it's fanbase.

Ha! Did you hear that? The crowd were chanting "Guns N Roses" over and over, when it died down Slash said "I guess you had to get that our of your system, huh?"

Yeah, real chills down my spine when I heard that.

that was amazing ! it proves that people want a REUNION !!! they want to see gnr back to the top !

GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES ! GUNS N' ROSES !

Edited by supercool