[FALSE] Axl joining Slash's brazilian tour.

Slash can tweet ascii pics of top hats and write about what a fucking cool fucking show he fucking had motherfuckers every night. Axl can tweet pictures of bollocks and what sausages he had for breakfast. Neither can take 5 seconds to disspell a rumour and avoid disappointing paying fans. As usual, the fans get fucked. Welcome to my bunghole.

Any fan who believed this crazy rumour have themselves the blame. It is not Slash or Axl's duty to dispell any crazy rumour that may arise. Besides, Axl has already been pretty adamant about this ("Not in this lifetime").

Slash can tweet ascii pics of top hats and write about what a fucking cool fucking show he fucking had motherfuckers every night. Axl can tweet pictures of bollocks and what sausages he had for breakfast. Neither can take 5 seconds to disspell a rumour and avoid disappointing paying fans. As usual, the fans get fucked. Welcome to my bunghole.

Any fan who believed this crazy rumour have themselves the blame. It is not Slash or Axl's duty to dispell any crazy rumour that may arise. Besides, Axl has already been pretty adamant about this ("Not in this lifetime").

To some degree yes, but it IS Slash's duty to make sure his shows are fairly promoted. Again, it would have been 5 seconds work to clarify. "The redhead won't be there and there are no plans for a reunion. Come along and hear some great rock and roll and see some other people from Guns past". That's all it takes.

• Like 1

To some degree yes, but it IS Slash's duty to make sure his shows are fairly promoted. Again, it would have been 5 seconds work to clarify. "The redhead won't be there and there are no plans for a reunion. Come along and hear some great rock and roll and see some other people from Guns past". That's all it takes.

I agree it wouldn't take much time. But in a sense it would be honoring a ridiculus rumour when he, too, wants to focus on the now instead of the past. But sure, if the rumour was persistent and it led to many coming to the show under false pretenses, then I agree, he should have bothered to fix it.

Exactly, come on... We're not talking about who should or shouldn't believe this but if any of them actually gave a damn about their fanbase it would take five seconds to write one sentence.

"Desperation is a stinky cologne" was a reference to it, and particularly to Slash milking this gossip for more attention or attendance and I was hoping Slash would prove him wrong by stating before the show that it was all BS but for some reason he didn't. Neither did Duff. What was the purpose? Was Axl right?

And Axl himself could have stated it clearly instead of giving stupid hints for people to guess. After all, some of his fans might have gone to Slash's show and waste their hard earned money just to see Axl there. Even if this means they're stupid, they're still people who pay their money so that he can live his comfy recluse life so it isn't too much to ask for one clear sentence in return.

So yes they both showed a great fuck you all to their fans again.

And, no, I didn't really believe this and the whole waiting game yesterday I considered fun so I'm not butthurt and it's not why I'm writing this. These are just the facts. They're both assholes. Not that this is any revelation :shrugs:

Edited by Asia

Exactly, cpme on... We're not talking about who should or shouldn't believe this but if any of them actually gave a damn about their fanbase it would take five seconds to write one sentence.

I might be out of the loop but I never considered this more serious thna any of the other dozens of rumours that pop up every year. But yeah, if "the fanbase" REALLY thought Axl would reunite with Slash on one of SLASH'S shows, or evev, if a substantial number of attendees were going there under that pretense, then yes, Slash should publicly have denied it.

I was there and i can tell you that the "Guns N' Roses" chant was only because we were watching Slash, Duff and Gilby sharing stage again here since 1993. We consider that "Guns N' Roses" (Remember they only came here in 92 and 93 with Gilby with them, and i can tell you most of the audience had 30/40 years so they easily could have seen them back in the day).

With 16 years I have seen Axl, Slash, Duff, Gilby and Dizzy live... What can i tell you, im more than pleased with that, now i want to see them again all together, but i know it probably wont happen.

Btw, what did Slash meant with "I guess you had to get that our of your system, huh?". I mean I understand the words but i dont get the meaning, my english is not perfect :(

Exactly, cpme on... We're not talking about who should or shouldn't believe this but if any of them actually gave a damn about their fanbase it would take five seconds to write one sentence.

I might be out of the loop but I never considered this more serious thna any of the other dozens of rumours that pop up every year. But yeah, if "the fanbase" REALLY thought Axl would reunite with Slash on one of SLASH'S shows, or evev, if a substantial number of attendees were going there under that pretense, then yes, Slash should publicly have denied it.

The thread about this rumor is 43 pages long, that stupid journalist guy referred to it in a million of tweets, people talked about it and basically I can't remember such a strong reunion gossip since the HOF. Even Axl addressed it in his own stupid way... So, I guess Slash knew it was quite heavy this time around...

And that 'you had to get it out of your system" sentence is another proof of it, I'd say...

Edited by Asia

Yup. Slash is an asshole. And Axl is another asshole.

So Slash is an asshole? Is that the conclusion?

Yup. Slash and Axl are both assholes. That's the conclusion :headbang:

But if anyone decided to not dispel a rumour that might have drawn more people to his show, that person can only be Slash? Axl's silence was more the norm, right? And he didn't achieve anything at all from the rumour persisting, in fact, he sort of lost by it keeping the destructive reunuion rumour alvve, so his silence was more a reflection of him being, his weird self, and not being malicious? Again, you might argue that Slash should have dispelled the rumour, after all it was HIS show -- and I might be inclined to agree -- but poeple shouldn't expect Axl to do what is out of the ordinary for him, to publicly deny any rumour about a reunuon, especially when it is rather absurd and mostly about what will happen at as Slash show.

Some ridiculous posts in this thread. NOWHERE in the official promotion for the show did it state that Axl would be there. Slash does not have to address some random reunion rumour on some GNR fan sites that haven't even been picked up by mainstream press outlets. Neither does Axl for that matter. If the rumour DID grow legs and was reported widely I have no doubt both camps would have dispelled it with a press release before the show.

As is, Slash played a show with some special guests (both of whom were officially reported as making an appearance BEFORE the show). Nobody was misled. The crowd had a great fucking time.

Peace.

And we all are!

And we all are!

• Like 2

They might not like each other but I can see why it doesn't benefit either to dispel stuff all the time. Their business interests are intricately linked, music, merchandise even their shows. If an 18 year old goes to a Slash show hears an AFD song for the first time then later buys it on iTunes or wherever then they will benefit, Axl more so than Slash because his royalty cut is higher. I imagine a lot of fans old and young will also go to a Slash and GNR show and often seeing one probably prompts people to go to the other.

I think what I'm trying to say is that where any kind of GNR promotion occurs and which ever member or ex member it originates financially at least Axl will always come out on top because he owns the most.

I wrote a song about Axl and Slash:

At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinkin' I could never sing without you by my side
But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong
And I grew fat
And I got into techno and rap

And so you're back at 4 am
I just woke up to see you there on my CCTV cam
I should have changed my stupid home
I should have moved to a new hood
If I had known I’d have to face my past like a man should

Go on now go, drive off this road
Just turn around now
'Cause you're not welcome anymore
Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with the media game?
Did you think I'd crumble?
Did you think I'd give up the GNR name?

Oh no not I, I like to eat pies
Oh, as long as I can play Brazil, I know I'll stay alive
I've got Vegas shows to do
And DJ Ashba’s a buffoon
And I'll survive
I will survive

It took fourteen million dollars not to fall apart
Kept tryin' hard to write an album about my broken heart
And I wrote oh so many songs just feeling sorry for myself
I used to shriek, but now my voice is too damn weak

And you see me, somebody new
I'm not that awesome singer who was in a band with with you
And so you felt like dropping in, “let’s work it out, what the hell”
But now I'm savin' all my lovin' for Beta, Fernando and Del

Go on now, do your Superbowl
Go play with Fergie
Weren't you the one who did all those interviews?
Did you think I'd reunite with you?

Oh no not I, I will survive
Oh, as long as I can get new players, I’ll keep touring Appetite
I've got blood boiling and rage
I take hours to get on the stage
And I'll survive
I will survive

• Like 3

And I grew fat

Just turn around now

And DJ Ashba’s a buffoon

And I'll survive

I will survive

Go play with Fergie

And I'll survive

I will survive

Heres two songs about slash that axl wrote:

I won't be told anymore

That I've been brought down in this storm

And left so far out from the shore

That I can't find my way back, my way anymore

No I won't be told anymore

That I've been brought down in this storm

And left so far out from the shore

That I can't find my way back, my way anymore

No, I.. I

Forgive that they teared down my soul

Bless them that they might grow old

Free them so that they may know

That it's never too late

For the many times that seemed like a memory

I searched and found the ways you used to lure me in

I found the ways,

Oh, why it had to be

Mired in denial and so afraid

If we ever find it's true

That we have the strength to choose

Ooo Freedom or the chains

We held together

This songs about axl being so un educated or whats going on in guns n roses and how all his bandmates left him except paul and dizzy and he had to replace every one " I won't be told anymore

That I've been brought down in this storm" is about fans telling him to stop because he isn't popular anymore because of slash leaving, he won't give gnr up. thats why he kept the name

Song 2:

You like to hurt me

You know that you do

You like to think in some way

That it's me and not you

(But we know that isn't true)

You like to have me

Jump and be good

But I don't want to do it

You don't know why I don't act

The way you think I should

You thought they'd make me

Behave and submit

What were you thinking

'Cause I don't forget

You don't know why

I won't give in

To hell with the pressure

I'm not caving in

You know that I got

Under your skin

You sold your soul

But I won't let you win

You talk too much

You say I do

Difference is nobody cares about you

You've got all the answers

You know everything

Why nobody asked you

It's a mystery to me

I'm sorry for you

Not sorry for me

You don't know who in the hell to

Or not to believe

I'm sorry for you

Not sorry for me

You don't know who you can trust now

Or you should believe

You should believe

You don't know who you can trust now

Or you should believe

You close your eyes

All well and good

I'll kick you ass

Like I said that I would

You tell them stories

They'd rather believe

Use and confuse them

They're numb and naпve

The truth is the truth hurts don't you agree

It's harder to live with the truth about you

Than to live with the lies about me

Nobody owes you

Not one god damn thing

You know where to put your

Just shut up and sing

I'm sorry for you

Not sorry for me

You don't know who in the hell to

Or not to believe

I'm sorry for you

Not sorry for me

You chose to hurt those that love you

And not set them free

Not set them free

You chose to hurt those that love you

And not set them free

You don't need

Anybody else to be

Sorry for you

You've got no heart

You can't see

All that you've done for me

I know the reasons

You tear me apart

The meaning of "just shut up and sing" was a quote from slash because axl does rants. "you choose to hurt those who love you" that means you left the band, the fans loved you. You should of not left the band.

Edited by AxlISTHEMAN

Lol. Axl doesn't need them. I really like new guns n roses. I don't have the classic lineup and the second classic lineup but i really do like new gnr

If Axl doesnt needs "them", by "them" if ur referring to the old members who made Appetite and Illusions which made GUNS N' ROSES Famous, then well Axl should stop using the name and just name his band A.X.L

And I grew fat

Just turn around now

And DJ Ashba’s a buffoon

And I'll survive

I will survive

Go play with Fergie

And I'll survive

I will survive

That is some deep meaning stuff, Well done

Lol. Axl doesn't need them. I really like new guns n roses. I don't have the classic lineup and the second classic lineup but i really do like new gnr

If Axl doesnt needs "them", by "them" if ur referring to the old members who made Appetite and Illusions which made GUNS N' ROSES Famous, then well Axl should stop using the name and just name his band A.X.L

Bitch please, We all know that 80% of those songs where written by izzy, axl, and del james. He doesn't need them now because he already has their replacements, also that lineup made axls life hell, thats why he disappeared from the public for 7 years. The old members just made illusions, the classic made appetite, the original (tracii guns, axl, rob, and izzy) just made songs

They didn't have to comment on it because they don't HAVE TO do anything. But they COULD. It wouldn't cost them ANYTHING. So saying they didn't have to is just rediculous.

Yes, Axl was his usual self. But isn't his usual self an asshole?

I mean, Jesus, they post sausages pictures, Slash posts anything including turning his twitter account into an obituary column for whoever dies that he has ever heard of, human or non-human and he can't adress one stupid rumour that's flying around for two weeks?

Besides, TB made some stupid references to Argentina - what was that supposed to mean? it was a bit of a joke or a laugh at the fans who believed it. So if they could post jokes and if Axl could post some half-assed hints that bashed Slash they could also say it openly - it's BS.

There's no point defending them cause there's nothing to defend. They are what they are - assholes. And it's only good that Slash had the fans chanting Guns and Roses and that he was pissed. He deserved it.

Axlstheman - great song. Send it to Axl, that will bring us closer to the new album :lol: After all he can't write songs himself anymore cause Slash ruined his self-esteem :P I think we should all get together and help the poor guy :lol:

• Like 1