Steven Adler Says Guns N’ Roses Reunion Album ‘Would Blow Away Appetite For Destruction’

Why it is all up to Axl? It's equally up to Slash aswell

Axl owns the name Guns N' Roses. He has the ultimate decision if a reunion takes place. The others seem to be in agreement that they would reunite if it was seriously a possibility.

I guess this is what it boils down to, however even if a reunion was given the green light it would probably be 12 -18 months in the planning stage if a tour was planned and the financial stuff had to be sorted out. Maybe even longer if we consider how long the AFD dvd took.

Axl owns the name Guns N' Roses. He has the ultimate decision if a reunion takes place. The others seem to be in agreement that they would reunite if it was seriously a possibility.

I guess this is what it boils down to, however even if a reunion was given the green light it would probably be 12 -18 months in the planning stage if a tour was planned and the financial stuff had to be sorted out. Maybe even longer if we consider how long the AFD dvd took.

100% it would never happen because Axl would never be able to see the guys as anything more than employees.

100% it would never happen because Axl would never be able to see the guys as anything more than employees.

What I meant to finish that post with but got distracted was that in that sort of time frame Axl could also change his mind several times.

I don't think any other GNR album or any other rock album could beat AFD. It's one of the all time best rock albums ever. Every song is awesome and the band sounds amazing. I loved the other GNR albums, but AFD can't be beat. It holds up today and will continue to be great forever.

Every band has one album that surpasses anything they could ever do. Even if there was a GNR reunion, I don't think it could beat AFD as their best ever.

Steven never sounded clearer than on this interview and I think his words are pretty honest. No need to disregard him as if he was a piece of shit just because he has a problem with drugs.

I'd prefer a reunion album than a reunion tour. An album that includes Steven, Sorum, Gilby and the original ones. That'd be amazing.

However, what about Axl's material, the CD leftovers, the songs in the vault? Would he ditch all that to write with the old line-up?

Seems pretty unreal knowing how lazy Axl is.

I agree with you. No offense to anybody, but man, a lot of bitterness in this topic over what aren't really that bad of comments. Stevie sounds pretty happy and wishes the old band would get together for a final run. I imagine everybody I'm the old band would love to so that (except one member).

And of course he hopes the album would be better than the old ones. That's what every band says with a new release. What should his attitude be? I would love to do another album but it will never be as good as what we did 30 years ago.

Lighten up people! This isn't life or death. No need to be so bitter and prickish about a rock band.

Just my opinion.

i don't see any bitter or prick people you are the one who imply this way the things

Adler is an idiot on this interview plain and simple

If a reunion ever happens he will not be a part of it, because he can't really maintain sobriety

He will fall again and again, and again

But you are a moron, so I don't really care what you think.

You don't see any bitterness or people being pricks...........as you then call Adler an idiot, say that he can't maintain sobriety and that he'll fail for the rest of his life. And YOU have no idea who would play in a GnR reunion. Talk about a prick comment.

Oh, if you get banned AGAIN will you come back under another fake name?

Put me on ignore if my posts hurt your feelings so much.

• Like 1

The other guys seem to be happy with what they're doing. Izzy does intermittent stuff here and there and doesn't seem to like being locked into any commitments. Duff is touring with his numerous different bands and writing. Slash has his solo project. All of that seems as though it is a lot less stressful and a lot more fun for all concerned than a GnR reunion might be. And they all seem to have enough financial success that a GnR reunion isn't something they *have* to consider. Even if Slash gets taken to the cleaners in his divorce, the royalties for his Guns N' Roses stuff aren't affected so there's still an income there.

It would never happen because the guys wouldn't pretend to be employees. They're older and wiser now and wouldn't put up with Axl shit. I think Izzy always intimidated Axl and I think maybe Duff does too, now. I think the reason he's never invited both Duff and Izzy to guest at the same time is because they look better than him and they can play better than he can sing. That's why he wouldn't do the reunion. He can't sing anymore and even Slash is in better shape than he is. It's not control. It's the prospect of humiliation.