Izzy in VR?

Estranged Coma

Slash originally wanted GN'R to be an one-guitar band. He didn't want Stradlin there.

We wouldnt be here today if that happened.... I will say it again... I am weary of "Slash"

They would be junkies, dead or in jail if there was no Izzy.

Do these guys go by their stage names in real life?

When Izzy or Axl or Slash is hanging out with their gf/wife/buddies - do they address each other by their real names or their rock names?

Slash originally wanted GN'R to be an one-guitar band. He didn't want Stradlin there.

We wouldnt be here today if that happened.... I will say it again... I am weary of "Slash"

They would be junkies, dead or in jail if there was no Izzy.

100% pure speculation on your part.

You do remember that Izzy was a junkie and drug dealer when the band got together - right?

And why are you "weary" of Slash?

At that point that wouldn't fly because Axl and Izzy were the only two original GNR members and Slash was just a hired gun.

You are rewriting history here. When Slash joined Hollywood Rose it was under the impression that he would be the sole guitarist like he had been in Tidus Sloan and Road Crew. And then, he found out Izzy was there. On the day Slash turned up, there was some argument, involving more Axl and Izzy than Izzy and Slash (about Axl going behind Izzy's back in recruiting Slash). So 'New Hollywood Rose' as they were now called was an one guitar line-up. Izzy buggered off and joined London. You have to remember that Slash had been trying to poach Axl for Road Crew, previous to joining New Hollywood Rose.

I am not saying that Slash learnt to appreciate the power behind a two-guitar band, as most accommodating to his own style; their two guitars is one of the highlights of Appetite and obviously Slash has had two-guitar bands ever since. But at the time, Slash wanted to be the sole guitarist and Stradlin resented Slash's inclusion.

Not sure about this 'hired guns' thing. Slash was recruited as a full time member.

At that point that wouldn't fly because Axl and Izzy were the only two original GNR members and Slash was just a hired gun.

You are rewriting history here. When Slash joined Hollywood Rose it was under the impression that he would be the sole guitarist like he had been in Tidus Sloan and Road Crew. And then, he found out Izzy was there. On the day Slash turned up, there was some argument, involving more Axl and Izzy than Izzy and Slash (about Axl going behind Izzy's back in recruiting Slash). So 'New Hollywood Rose' as they were now called was an one guitar line-up. Izzy buggered off and joined London. You have to remember that Slash had been trying to poach Axl for Road Crew, previous to joining New Hollywood Rose.

I am not saying that Slash learnt to appreciate the power behind a two-guitar band, as most accommodating to his own style; their two guitars is one of the highlights of Appetite and obviously Slash has had two-guitar bands ever since. But at the time, Slash wanted to be the sole guitarist and Stradlin resented Slash's inclusion.

Not sure about this 'hired guns' thing. Slash was recruited as a full time member.

WRONG. This isn't Hollywood Rose. Guns N Roses, original members didn't include Slash.

Edited by Randy Jesus
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

When Izzy or Axl or Slash is hanging out with their gf/wife/buddies - do they address each other by their real names or their rock names?

Id imagine they do. Hell, Axl even legally changed his name ha.

After speaking with Duff back in 2011, I'm willing to be they do. They get so used to fans and general people knowing their stage name they just keep using it.

• 1 month later...

I guess everyone calls Axl as Axl except for his Sister Amy who would call him Bill, Im not sure if Tobias calls him Bill or Axl cause they know each other since childhood

For Slash, his family members and maybe some childhood friends call him Saul, I know Perla calls him Saul, his new friends and other people who work with him call him Slash

Steven is known as Steven to everybody, but I guess his birth name was different, I read it in his autobio, I dont remember

Izzy with his friends is known as Izzy or Iz, but when he has to give his name in buying legal things like a House or a Car, then he writes it Jeffery Isbel, Im not sure what his current girlfriend calls him, I dont even know if he has a girlfriend or not

Similar thing for Duff, only his family members (Brothers and Sisters) would call him Mike or Michael, his wife calls him Duff and all his friends and his colleagues call him Duff, but in Legal stuff he is known as Michael Andrew Mckagan

Edited by Slash787

• 3 weeks later...

You got no right is so underrated.

YOU GOT NO RIGHT WITH IZZY LIVE ON SUSAN HOLMES FASHION SHOW IS PROBABLY THE BEST MOMENT IN VR!

Come on Come in is also great, i cant believe that they basically ignored that song, its terrific

• Like 1

I guess everyone calls Axl as Axl except for his Sister Amy who would call him Bill, Im not sure if Tobias calls him Bill or Axl cause they know each other since childhood

For Slash, his family members and maybe some childhood friends call him Saul, I know Perla calls him Saul, his new friends and other people who work with him call him Slash

Steven is known as Steven to everybody, but I guess his birth name was different, I read it in his autobio, I dont remember

Izzy with his friends is known as Izzy or Iz, but when he has to give his name in buying legal things like a House or a Car, then he writes it Jeffery Isbel, Im not sure what his current girlfriend calls him, I dont even know if he has a girlfriend or not

Similar thing for Duff, only his family members (Brothers and Sisters) would call him Mike or Michael, his wife calls him Duff and all his friends and his colleagues call him Duff, but in Legal stuff he is known as Michael Andrew Mckagan

This is an older video of Perla saying Slash's mother is the only one who calls him Saul. "We all call him Slash". 0:50 min.

What is this "Slash was hired" bullshit? Slash never was under contract with Axl and Izzy. He never got a paycheck from Axl and Izzy, neither Duff and Steven for that matter.

Nobody was The Boss here. In fact they almost fire Axl after he didn´t show up to open for Alice Cooper. If they wanted to fire Axl it was because they had that right.