Forum Chat

Słash

Why doesn't anyone uses the Chat?

did people used it before or it used to be empty back then also?

Im not a forum type of a person, this is the only forum where I post stuff, I used to be on a Chat before of some other band, I used to be there like all the time, but sadly it was shut down

People only talk about GN'R there, so I don't participate.

That is rarely the case.

It used to usually just be Pappy, Sixes, DOOM, Gia plus 5 or so misc. users talking about sodomy, movies, some music, some current events, and making fun of GNR; a genuine GNR discussion was rare. Sadly, with Pappy behind bars, chat is missing one if it's key instigators, thus the lack of chat activity the past 6 months or so.

• Like 2

I've been there a few times. The only time GNR was discussed while I was there, was when Axlfan4life was streaming the Vegas concert live :wub: That was fun.

I like it, but it's been a while since I've been on there.

It would be good to see if the Chat is more active, its not necessary to talk about GNR, the chat i used to be in before, we hardly talked about the band, But I made a lot of great friends there and got to know many people, Sadly it was shut cause of retarded spammers and the Mods not caring to do any shit about it

Yeah people can post and share about random things on a thread too, but Chat is more "Live" and interesting

I don't understand the chat. When I want to chat with you all I post in threads. If I want more privacy I PM. How does the chat fit in?

I suppose it's faster moving and more can join in. It's main benefit is probably when live events are happening or something interesting happens like an unexpected band member visit. Those occasions are when it's used most as far as I can recall.

• Like 1

I don't understand the chat. When I want to chat with you all I post in threads. If I want more privacy I PM. How does the chat fit in?

Originally forums were meant for discussions while chats were meant for chatting. This was to keep threads on topic and free of the clutters of socializing and things that have a more limited interest among most members. Inside jokes, trans-thread comments, personal messages, off-topic posts, etc would be disallowed in threads since it would be annoying to anyone entering the thread to actually post on topic. To cope with people misunderstanding discussion forums for social arenas ;) one usually has a thread or two for more general discussions where "chatting" would be more acceptable, but with a large member mass such threads tend to be inefficient and in those cases a chat room could work.