Interesting article before the UYI's were released

You can know this, if you read the TSI? wikipedia page...

"I don't think there are any singles on the record," Slash told Rolling Stone

Lol Slash was a liar!11111!!!
Yeah strange thing to say

An "opinion" isn't a lie though. It's his opinion.

172.gif

Sometimes you try to hard, bub.

What could possibly be wrong about my statement?

Slash said he didn't think the album had any singles.

A poster said that Slash was a liar because of that comment.

I pointed out that Slash wasn't lying, he was stating his opinion.

What is face-palm worthy about that?

I realize you need to bash Slash in every topic, but come on bub. Sometimes you try too hard to find dirt where there isn't any.

Leave the GIFS to people who actually know how to use them properly!!!!

Its just every time I have an opinion about Slash, I get brought before the council of Slash defenders and browbeaten.

I think it's because people see what your agenda is and they have grown weary of it.

You don't have to hate Slash just because Axl does. You praise every thing that Axl does and bash everything that Slash does. It just isn't logical. Most of us give praise and criticize when appropriate. Guys like you are posting with an agenda and it just adds unnecessary negativity to the forum. IMO.

Axl needs to deal with the label that kind of packaging.

Get rid of the vault.

there are 36 songs - finished, recorded, mixed and ready for release.

And the consensus in the band is that they would like to get all the stuff out to their fans at one time, or as close to one time as possible. The extensive track list runs the full gamut of rock music styles, from massive epics like "Ides Of March" "Berlin," "Atlas Shrugged," "Seven" and "Zodiac" to bluesy, melodic, yet crunchy rockers like "Soul Monster" "Goin' Down" (featuring vocals by Tommy Stinson), "Down By The Ocean (featuring vocals by Izzy Stradlin), to balls-to-the-walls slammer like "Blood In The Water" "Thyme" "The General" (an ode to Axl's wolf, Douggy), "Silkworms" and "Oh My God."

Get rid of the vault.

And the consensus in the band is that they would like to get all the stuff out to their fans at one time, or as close to one time as possible. The extensive track list runs the full gamut of rock music styles, from massive epics like "Ides Of March" "Berlin," "Atlas Shrugged," "Seven" and "Zodiac" to bluesy, melodic, yet crunchy rockers like "Soul Monster" "Goin' Down" (featuring vocals by Tommy Stinson), "Down By The Ocean (featuring vocals by Izzy Stradlin), to balls-to-the-walls slammer like "Blood In The Water" "Thyme" "The General" (an ode to Axl's wolf, Douggy), "Silkworms" and "Oh My God."

Where did this quote come from?

Get rid of the vault.

Where did this quote come from?

from the future.

Slash has proven to be utterly hopeless at picking singles so this quote would not surprise me...he'd have probably picked Get In the Ring.

Haha this is one criticism of Slash I wholeheartedly agree with

Nailed it with Slither though when no one in the band was impressed when he already had the riff and was really digging it himself. Slash said he played the riff for the rest of the band and said "check this out!" but the response was lukewarm. (not sure who thought it would be a good single though, maybe not Slash)

Edit: found it:

My recollection of this was that Slither was slower, making it bluesy which left the band a little cold.

Scott ran it through ProTools, sped it up and put his vocal onto it which the band loved.

Slash has proven to be utterly hopeless at picking singles so this quote would not surprise me...he'd have probably picked Get In the Ring.

Nailed it with Slither though when no one in the band was impressed when he already had the riff and was really digging it himself. Slash said he played the riff for the rest of the band and said "check this out!" but the response was lukewarm. (not sure who thought it would be a good single though, maybe not Slash)

My recollection of this was that Slither was slower, making it bluesy which left the band a little cold.

Scott ran it through ProTools, sped it up and put his vocal onto it which the band loved.

Are you certain it was Slither that was slower and bluesy and was changed? I know Scott worked on other things, changing the arrangements and other things, but never about Slither.

In the clip Slash just says it was one of the things that he had to kinda shove up the other guys throats.

I think Scottt changed Do It For The Kids quite a bit, but never heard that stuff about Slither.

Edited by Rovim

Slither and Fall to Pieces are his best shit.

Loving the Alien and Got No Right only other good ones.

Fall To Pieces, By The Sword, Bent To Fly, Slither, just to name a few.

Edited by wkuk04

Solo? Ghost, No More Heroes, Safari Inn. Can't listen to much else.

Yeah. Quite that Wicked Stone solo as well.
Automatic Overdrive was great. Motor Queen. But it's a bit embarrassing. Listen Ratt first to break the ice.

..."And we just added the 36th song," says Duff McKagan. "One with [ex-Hanoi Rock leader] Michael Monroe. It's called 'Ain't it Fun.' It's kind of a spooky song, 'cause it's like, 'Ain't it fun/You're gonna die young.' It's a Dead Boys song we redid with Axl and Mike singing." [...] This band has never been afraid to cover a cool song, no matter where it came from. From It's speculated that the EP, which may be released some time after the LP, will contain at least four covers, these being the punk tunes "I Don't Care About You" by Fear, "Attitude" by the Misfits, "New Rose" by the Damned and "Black Leather" by the Sex Pistols. The covers "Live And Let Die" by Wings and "Down on the Farm" by U.K. Subs will appear on Illusion.

I read SIDHY was recorded in 1993 and You Can't Put Your Arms was recorded for Duff's Believe In Me. Human Being vocals sound similar to SIDHY so I'm assuming that's 1993 too. Anyone know anything on Raw Power?

I think Axl fans shit their pants. They are completely incontinent haha

I don't think any Axl fans existed here

at all

Btw it's hilarious that an obvious sarcastic comment almost turned a thread to a bitchfest

Are you certain it was Slither that was slower and bluesy and was changed? I know Scott worked on other things, changing the arrangements and other things, but never about Slither.

In the clip Slash just says it was one of the things that he had to kinda shove up the other guys throats.

I think Scottt changed Do It For The Kids quite a bit, but never heard that stuff about Slither.

Slither is a Mötley Crüe rip off btw

( i like both songs, though)

..."And we just added the 36th song," says Duff McKagan. "One with [ex-Hanoi Rock leader] Michael Monroe. It's called 'Ain't it Fun.' It's kind of a spooky song, 'cause it's like, 'Ain't it fun/You're gonna die young.' It's a Dead Boys song we redid with Axl and Mike singing." [...] This band has never been afraid to cover a cool song, no matter where it came from. From It's speculated that the EP, which may be released some time after the LP, will contain at least four covers, these being the punk tunes "I Don't Care About You" by Fear, "Attitude" by the Misfits, "New Rose" by the Damned and "Black Leather" by the Sex Pistols. The covers "Live And Let Die" by Wings and "Down on the Farm" by U.K. Subs will appear on Illusion.

I read SIDHY was recorded in 1993 and You Can't Put Your Arms was recorded for Duff's Believe In Me. Human Being vocals sound similar to SIDHY so I'm assuming that's 1993 too. Anyone know anything on Raw Power?

originally they planned to record a different Stooges song (Down On The Street (The Stooges cover, recorded for "The Spaghetti Incident?") [unreleased] never surfaced anywhere ), but Raw Power ended up on the record

Edited by Strange Broue