Where's izzy? (Seriously)

It's true though Axl had to deal with the expectations and anticipation of the next GNR record. You can't do Sankepit or Izzy solo as GNR at that point. It would bomb, so Axl, the label would never do that.

I feel like if Izzy n Slash stayed and they did a more epic Draw the Line it could have been healthy for the band. But Axl wasn't a junkie like Tyler. But I guess Izzy was gone way before that.

He's a layed back guy. Does what he wants, doesn't answer to nobody but himself, like Axl.

:lol: Axl and Izzy are nothing alike. That's why Izzy fucking quit GnR

• Like 1

You can't do Sankepit or Izzy solo as GNR at that point. It would bomb

Unlike Chinese Democracy?

In late 90s CD didn't exist. The label weren't that excited by 2000 Intentions in 99. So they really were looking for some hit ballads. They want SCOM 2 not Time Gone By.

I personally think Time Gone By could have been a hit. But the label and Axl probably not.

• Like 1

So what songs do you think he wrote about Axl or the other guys in GNR?

AXL or Slash, at the time it applied to both....

Music and Lyrics - Izzy Stradlin

You're only human

Why you packing that load

You make it heavy

Till you fall in the road

Year after year

You keep going nowhere

Why you're so lonely

Is you piss and you moan

Any lessons you're shown

Doesn't it show

Year after year

You keep going nowhere

Till you have no choice

But to jump in the water

Till you have no choice

But to jump in now

If you've an SOS

You send it on time

Communication

Is your only device

Year after year

You keep going nowhere

Imagine you can run it

All on your own

You talk about it

You've got nothing to show

Year after year

You keep going nowhere

Sink or swim

And I don't think that you'll make it

You have no choice left

So jump in or drown

Jump in or drown

(Repeat)

Edited by pacu44

So what songs do you think he wrote about Axl or the other guys in GNR?

to Slash after the Velvet Revolver initial rehearsals

Music and Lyrics - Izzy Stradlin

I wrote this song for you, go to hell

Yeah you know that it's true, I can tell

Aah just when you thought you had got me down

Aah just when I thought things were coming round

Go to hell (go to hell), (go to hell), (go to hell)

Don't wish me well (don't wish me well), (don't wish me well)

I customized the words, for myself

Aah just when you thought you had got me down

Aah just when I thought things were coming round

She said

It's sentiment is true, you can tell

And now my days are back to being swell

I won't send you no postcard underground

Edited by pacu44

My favorite izzy story is how he went to Guitar Center to buy some guitar strings and the sales kid was like "you should buy this other set. Slash uses them!" And izzy is all "is that so?" Kid had no idea who he was talking to!

But he really should buy proper guitar string set... he was always a sloppy player on a mostly shitty rig, so he need some quality strings to hide his sloppyness like Slash does sometimes

Duff in a recent interview says the exact opposite about Izzy's playing...

yeah, on a studio environment he is good

Izzy doesn't want to burn the axl bridge because if izzy ever needs a quick pile of cash, he can play a few shows with axls band.

It's really that simple.

I doubt any of them are hurting for cash...

Izzy doesn't want to burn the axl bridge because if izzy ever needs a quick pile of cash, he can play a few shows with axls band.

It's really that simple.

Exactly... Even Steven has said he's living comfortably off of his AFD royalties still. Axl's the richest out of them all and then probably Izzy's minted because he co-wrote most of the big hits with Axl. Only difference there is that Izzy can walk right by strangers and he blends in whereas Axl can't really do that unless he's in disguise. Even then he gets spotted by aircraft maintenance dudes in Iceland or wherever that one was. Hilarious actually. I'd love to hang out with Izzy for a week or so. Pretty chill dude...

• Like 1

Maybe outside of GNR thing Axl is similar to Izzy. I mean he might be more relaxed. When they first got money didn't izzy build a dirt bike racing track around his house and have a 24/7 party? If Axl did that Leno would alert the media.

Axl never really worked the media consistently. But the high profile comes from his job as a rock god. It's pretty hard to be a stadium band unless the singer has a public image.

• Like 1

It's really that simple.

Exactly... Even Steven has said he's living comfortably off of his AFD royalties still. Axl's the richest out of them all and then probably Izzy's minted because he co-wrote most of the big hits with Axl. Only difference there is that Izzy can walk right by strangers and he blends in whereas Axl can't really do that unless he's in disguise. Even then he gets spotted by aircraft maintenance dudes in Iceland or wherever that one was. Hilarious actually. I'd love to hang out with Izzy for a week or so. Pretty chill dude...

But well some extra money coming in doesn't looks bad, You can have bread, but it would be tastier if someone puts Jam or Butter on it

It's really that simple.

But well some extra money coming in doesn't looks bad, You can have bread, but it would be tastier if someone puts Jam or Butter on it

I call bullshit on Axl Rose not being able to blend in. Take away his entourage put him in a baseball cap and normal 50 year old clothes he will look like everyone's handle bar wearing biker white uncle. Without the ashba swag Axl just looks like an old white guy.

Axl has a lot of overhead compared to Slash and Duff, just the pyros and confetti alone are in the thousands and the crew & trucks involved to make the show happen.

At the end of the day they all want to know how many tickets were sold and how many people bought t-shirts. When Duff did the Rock Hall, he probably covered expenses for his family with doing the "It's so Easy" spoken word/concert/book signing. Slash gets endorsement deals that pay well.

But for Izzy to not have to do any touring?

Axl has a lot of overhead compared to Slash and Duff, just the pyros and confetti alone are in the thousands and the crew & trucks involved to make the show happen.

At the end of the day they all want to know how many tickets were sold and how many people bought t-shirts. When Duff did the Rock Hall, he probably covered expenses for his family with doing the "It's so Easy" spoken word/concert/book signing. Slash gets endorsement deals that pay well.

I don't think so Duff covered his family's expenses cause of his book, they do have money in which they can easily take their families for vacations, Steven's band is not big, Steven has not been in any big band since GNR, but still he bought a house recently, all of them do have money and their life can easily go even if they dont do live shows, but I guess over the years their wants have become their needs, so to fulfill those needs they do need in Extra Cash. For Izzy, I guess he just wants his life to be simple, its sad he doesn't tours, he is happy in whatever he has, he would get a few thousand dollars for playing 2 to 3 songs with Axl, so I guess thats enough for him, Music is his passion thats why he releases them, he doesn't cares if they sell in millions or not nor he promotes them and doesnt tours also.

I don't think so Duff covered his family's expenses cause of his book, they do have money in which they can easily take their families for vacations, Steven's band is not big, Steven has not been in any big band since GNR, but still he bought a house recently, all of them do have money and their life can easily go even if they dont do live shows, but I guess over the years their wants have become their needs, so to fulfill those needs they do need in Extra Cash. For Izzy, I guess he just wants his life to be simple, its sad he doesn't tours, he is happy in whatever he has, he would get a few thousand dollars for playing 2 to 3 songs with Axl, so I guess thats enough for him, Music is his passion thats why he releases them, he doesn't cares if they sell in millions or not nor he promotes them and doesnt tours also.

Duff is Izzy's financial advisor, per Duff in a recent interview. Izzy is eating more than PB&J's... When you have the loot they have, the $ works for them, not the other way around...