Where's izzy? (Seriously)

My favorite izzy story is how he went to Guitar Center to buy some guitar strings and the sales kid was like "you should buy this other set. Slash uses them!" And izzy is all "is that so?" Kid had no idea who he was talking to!

I'd never heard that before, that's hilarious.

My favorite izzy story is how he went to Guitar Center to buy some guitar strings and the sales kid was like "you should buy this other set. Slash uses them!" And izzy is all "is that so?" Kid had no idea who he was talking to!

But he really should buy proper guitar string set... he was always a sloppy player on a mostly shitty rig, so he need some quality strings to hide his sloppyness like Slash does sometimes

Duff in a recent interview says the exact opposite about Izzy's playing...

Not that I remember? A story was told second hand by Al Niven that Izzy set up a meeting before the HOF with Axl but Axl never showed. So Izzy knew not to go.

Maybe someone else will provide a source?

Izzy doesn't have a publicist or like the industry so I doubt there's any interviews.

Did izzy give a statement about why he didn't go to the rock hall induction?

I think Izzy asked Duff to tell something about it ... and he did ... I just don't remember exactly what it was ...

https://youtu.be/QQeGEDl3PhQ?t=1m10s

Edited by GUNNER PT

Not that I remember? A story was told second hand by Al Niven that Izzy set up a meeting before the HOF with Axl but Axl never showed. So Izzy knew not to go.

Maybe someone else will provide a source?

I remember hearing that too but can't remember the source.

Duff posted a statement from Izzy on his blog a day or so after Axl posted his letter about not attending.

That would have been a sight to seen if Ashba went to the hall of fame as the guitarist of Guns N' Roses lol

Izzy should have attended, Alan said that Izzy was going to meet Axl in some hotel but Axl never showed up, but why would that stop Izzy going from the hall of fame? was Izzy scared that if Axl gets pissed and then Izzy wont get to play 2 to 3 songs with Axl once in 4 years? saying Izzy is a camera shy person is total bullshit, were there no camera's when Izzy played with Axl in London? how did Izzy record the video of Baby Rann? through a potato?

That would have been a sight to seen if Ashba went to the hall of fame as the guitarist of Guns N' Roses lol

Izzy should have attended, Alan said that Izzy was going to meet Axl in some hotel but Axl never showed up, but why would that stop Izzy going from the hall of fame? was Izzy scared that if Axl gets pissed and then Izzy wont get to play 2 to 3 songs with Axl once in 4 years? saying Izzy is a camera shy person is total bullshit, were there no camera's when Izzy played with Axl in London? how did Izzy record the video of Baby Rann? through a potato?

Once he knew Axl wasn't going he knew no reunion show so not worth it?
  • Like 1

I think Izzy prefers Axl of Slash.... just a gut feeling

Welp since no one knows, anyone want to hook me up with some legit izzy interviews from recent years. Video preferably

part 1 of a 3... interesting....

Izzy's solo material does give the impression he's just trying to avoid hassle and just likes to ride his motorbike from place to place. Doesn't want to be tied down to touring or business responsibilities.

Listen also is a pointer to his attitude.

• Like 1

He's a layed back guy. Does what he wants, doesn't answer to nobody but himself, like Axl.

The Difference is one has released a ton of music over the years, now guess which one

• Like 1