Macbeth (2015) - Official Teaser Trailer

Yup, I may have made this thread a year or go, way before it was released. Production on this started like 3-4 years ago, and filming was in mid 2014 I think. I've been looking forward to this for a while.... Macbeth has always been my favorite Shakespearean play, and Fassbender has for a while been my favorite "young" actor. Add in Marion + big battles..... I knew it was gonna be good. Sitting at 92% critic revue on RT right now, very excited to see it.

I know it was screened at Cannes and I could probably find an illegal link, but I'd like to see it in theaters.

PS. My avatar for the past several months is from one of the early promotional posters from the film.

Shakespeare should get the superhero treatment. Do all of them.

Or at least a new Othello to erase the Gawd awful one with Martin Sheen and Josh Hartnett from my mind.

Best Othello film is with Olivier. It started out as a stage production but it was so well received that they made it into a film with abstract sets and you just focus on the performances. Olivier played the lead, he usually plays Iago and it is considered one of his best.

The Polanski film version has definitely set the bar painfully high, but I've been excited for this for awhile.

The Polanski film can't be beat. He was the perfect director for Macbeth. I think Polanski would have had trouble if Olivier actually got the funds for his Macbeth film.

Anyway a lot of great Shakespeare films out there

Olivier's trilogy, which he directed and starred in

Henry V

Hamlet

Richard III

Othello which I mentioned.

Kenneth Branagh's Henry V was brilliant, though his adaptation for Hamlet can't be missed if you are a fan. He goes all out with it.

Franco Zeffireli's Romeo and Juliet and his Hamlet with Mel Gibson are must see's. I don't go crazy for R&J but his version is the most watchable, plus it was one of the first films to get a major release with brief nudity.

Kurosawa did some his own adapations such as Ran.

King Lear- take your pick.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

An intensely dialog driven movie for the most part that is somewhat hard to follow, even knowing the story of Macbeth.

I enjoyed it, though not sure if I could continously rewatch.

Don't listen to Black Sabbath's post. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I lub U.

• Like 2

An intensely dialog driven movie for the most part that is somewhat hard to follow, even knowing the story of Macbeth.

I enjoyed it, though not sure if I could continously rewatch.

Don't listen to Black Sabbath's post. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

I lub U.

I love that line.