How Often Do You Listen to 'The Guys' Now?

You really can't appreciate the material until you get away from it for a long period and then come back. It reminded me why I had always been so passionate about this band since I was a kid.

exactly

everytme i am in a party and a GNR songs plays, i notice that

its like

well, this is a good party with good music...

then all of a sudden GNR plays AND IT SOUNDS SO MUCH BETTER than everything else!

Have you ever been in a pub or club during an 80s revival DJing thing, and Sweet Child comes on, and all the cheesy laymen girls and boys are singing along, and you feel like a combination of a kung fu master possessing the esoteric 'way', and a nerd, for knowing Dizzy Reed's Christian name and that Ole Beich was GN'R's first bassist?

Or is that just me?

• Like 1

You really can't appreciate the material until you get away from it for a long period and then come back. It reminded me why I had always been so passionate about this band since I was a kid.

exactly

everytme i am in a party and a GNR songs plays, i notice that

its like

well, this is a good party with good music...

then all of a sudden GNR plays AND IT SOUNDS SO MUCH BETTER than everything else!

That really made me smile. Class.

Have you ever been in a pub or club during an 80s revival DJing thing, and Sweet Child comes on, and all the cheesy laymen girls and boys are singing along, and you feel like a combination of a kung fu master possessing the esoteric 'way', and a nerd, for knowing Dizzy Reed's Christian name and that Ole Beich was GN'R's first bassist?

Or is that just me?

That's cool. I've only been a fan for just over a year and researching (pretty full on though) during that time. It's amazing how much you can learn when you are really engaged and motivated.

Funny I never felt like that about Physics. :facepalm:

Or is that just me?

yes i feel like a kung fu master too hahahaha, have to spread the knowledge and let them know how great AINT GOING DOWN is

When it comes to the Big Three, it's pretty much impossible to get away from them. I was in Europe on vacation recently and walking through a train station when the Italian radio station started playing Sweet Child. It was that bastardized single version with Slash's guitar work stripped, but still cool to hear the song somewhere outside the States. Meanwhile, back home...you can't avoid those songs. They are on classic rock radio every single day and if you go to any sporting events you'll hear them.

When it comes to the Big Three, it's pretty much impossible to get away from them. I was in Europe on vacation recently and walking through a train station when the Italian radio station started playing Sweet Child. It was that bastardized single version with Slash's guitar work stripped, but still cool to hear the song somewhere outside the States. Meanwhile, back home...you can't avoid those songs. They are on classic rock radio every single day and if you go to any sporting events you'll hear them.

Ah - I am in the UK and I don't listen to rock music radio any more. Maybe I should! It's good to know that The Guys are a staple in the US (am assuming that's where you mean by 'back home'?)

Ah - I am in the UK and I don't listen to rock music radio any more. Maybe I should! It's good to know that The Guys are a staple in the US (am assuming that's where you mean by 'back home'?)

Yep, USA.