How Often Do You Listen to 'The Guys' Now?

I go through phases. I've heard AFD and UYI so many times I have to take long breaks from them. I guess once a month or so I'll break something out by someone. Whether it's one of those, or CD, sometimes Slash's self titled, sometimes VR, maybe Stinson's album. I listened to TSI a few weeks ago just because I haven't heard it in forever.

I've noticed since I started putting a lot of time in between listens, now when I hear a random GNR song on the radio or a playlist, I seem to appreciate it more. Instead of hearing Mr.Brownstone and thinking damn I can't listen to that again, I turn it up thinking oh shit Brownstone, haven't heard that in awhile.

Im listening to everyone's music.

Beautifil creatures (Dj's hardrock band ala gnr style)

sixx:am

NIN

Stinson

Dizzy reed/Richard fortus and the dead daisies (compulsions etc)

Izzy's solo records

Slash

duff

Gilby all records.

Tool sometimes (Chris was working with them)

The list is to long actualy! Haha the work they all bring to the table. Hopefully we hear something new and fresh soon

if you like Tool I highly recommend you to check Lusk! Pitman shines on that band.

i am always trying to find new stuff from GNR or from the GNR guys

I like everything they did as GNR

specially studio stuff from 1983-1991

there is probably so much stuff we never had the chance to listen to from that era, so mugh uncirculated stuff, id just love to listen to it

stuff like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nv2VbpFWMo

i wish i had that full rehersal to listen to

and all the others

I am sure they must have like 1000s great riffs and ideas on it

anyway

I am also always trying to find new stuff from axl, izzy, slash, duff and steven

izzy stuff is always fun to listen to

i have been listening to raven a lot

I GOT A RAVEN ON MY ROOFTOP

AND MY DOG DONT LIKE IT

I thought the Rapidfire songs would be better

but they were not that great

so i dont listen to them at all hahahahaha

Last week someone here posted about the Coconut Teaszer 1988 (Drunk Fux) show and I donwloaded that agaun

really fun to listen to

I dont know

I just keep on waiting for fresh stuff to surface (or to be released)

Mark, is it asking to much for you to give us just ONE show from 1985/1986? Or a rehearsal? Please?

:headbang:

Has anyone here listened to the 2 other new songs by Duff/Izzy/Cantrell?

Just listened to them, Kill the Internet is fun hahahaha

I am also listening to lots of Phil Lynott solo stuff

its not GNR but it s somehow GNR related as Axl was (is?) a massive fan

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 1

i am always trying to find new stuff from GNR or from the GNR guys

I like everything they did as GNR

specially studio stuff from 1983-1991

there is probably so much stuff we never had the chance to listen to from that era, so mugh uncirculated stuff, id just love to listen to it

stuff like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nv2VbpFWMo

i wish i had that full rehersal to listen to

and all the others

I am sure they must have like 1000s great riffs and ideas on it

anyway

I am also always trying to find new stuff from axl, izzy, slash, duff and steven

izzy stuff is always fun to listen to

i have been listening to raven a lot

I GOT A RAVEN ON MY ROOFTOP

AND MY DOG DONT LIKE IT

I thought the Rapidfire songs would be better

but they were not that great

so i dont listen to them at all hahahahaha

Last week someone here posted about the Coconut Teaszer 1988 (Drunk Fux) show and I donwloaded that agaun

really fun to listen to

I dont know

I just keep on waiting for fresh stuff to surface (or to be released)

Mark, is it asking to much for you to give us just ONE show from 1985/1986? Or a rehearsal? Please?

:headbang:

Has anyone here listened to the 2 other new songs by Duff/Izzy/Cantrell?

Just listened to them, Kill the Internet is fun hahahaha

Regarding Phil Lynott, Axl sounds like him on parts of Chinese Democracy (song). I met Phil Lynott once. That's my only claim to fame, I think!

Regarding Phil Lynott, Axl sounds like him on parts of Chinese Democracy (song). I met Phil Lynott once. That's my only claim to fame, I think!

do you think axl sound like Phil Lynott on the song Chinese Democracy?

Really?

never thought of that!

do you feel that on the whole song or just on some small part of it?

and please now you have to tell me how you met phil and what happened! I am very curious here!

Really?

never thought of that!

and please now you have to tell me how you met phil and what happened! I am very curious here!

Yeah - just on one part of it. Will have to play it then I'll tell you which bit. I will also tell you how I met Phil! Need to retrieve the info from my blog... ;) If you are a big fan it might upset you cos he was not in great shape at the time. Was 1982, I think., not long before he died really.

Edited by BetterDay7

Chi Dem, pretty much never, Appetite pretty much never, couple songs off Lies and a few favourites off the The Illusions, 14 Years, Locomotive etc sometimes, probably like 4 or 5 times a year. To be quite honest GnR I haven't really been a fan fan fan of since i was a kid, i just have a kind of affection for em (one thats worn pretty thin, bordering on non-existant at the moment) but they're certainly not a band i listen to regularly or even particularly give a fuck about really.

Really?

never thought of that!

It's on the line when Axl sings: "Gonna find out for yourself" and the other lines where he sings "for yourself" That first one esp sounds like P Lynott to me. I thought that the first itme I heard it nad I did not even know Axl was a Lynott fan at that time.

It's just those little bits - not in the rest of the song.

I pretty much listen to them all the time, along with other stuff... usually on the music max channel...

todays music (on the whole) is just tripe.. and i just happen to like the music around the 70s/80s and early 90s...

the amount of shit on the radio thats been produced by simon cowell and manufactured "musicians" shits me.

Also im not really into DJ's and that stuff either so i really have no interest in "beats" :lol:

showing my age now i guess.

For whatever reason (it was unintentional but nothing exciting happening and having listened to all of the material more times than I can count probably had something to do with it), I went cold turkey on GnR and GnR accessories for over a year or so. I actually missed the Going Down leak when it happened, which would have never happened back in CD 1 era.

I try to listen to at least 5-10 new albums each week, so it wasn't all that difficult to neglect GnR materials. But earlier this year, someone on IGN boards was asking questions about GnR and after giving him a bunch of info on the band, albums, and whatnot, I realized how much time had gone by since I had last listened to them. That led to me coming back around here, jamming to the entire catalog again, and hearing the Going Down leak. You really can't appreciate the material until you get away from it for a long period and then come back. It reminded me why I had always been so passionate about this band since I was a kid.

Edited by HuskerTornado
  • Like 2

I miss the days when I could listen to Appetite, UYI, CD and live era almost religiously. Any bus ride or free hour was spent listening to gnr in some degree.. I remember being 15 (CD came out when i was 14) and the song Better had 101 plays on my iPod alone and the song was still so fresh and exciting. Now I only get the urge to listen to gnr if I'm drinking or I wanna watch old footage of the band like Civil war in Paris 92 etc. I guess being a 'metalhead' now has made almost all rock redundant to me now.

I never ever listen to Chinese Democracy and I have no desire to revisit that album anytime soon. I will listen to AFD when songs come on the radio or at work. Sometimes I randomly put on the acoustic portion of Lies. I mostly listen to deep tracks on UYI when I do revisit. Dead Horse, 14 Years, Dust N' Bones, Perfect Crime, Locomotive... but it isn't very often that I do that anymore.

Live Era is reserved for when I do 2+ hour car trips by myself. That will always be my go to in those situations, although those long rides aren't as common as they used to be.