GNR name

snoman

So basically Axl quit GNR too. Axl quit real GNR and created another band with the same name correct? Does he fall in the "coward" category as well for quitting the old band?

Correct. Also, technically this is not the same band as the 1985-1995 band. Legally that band were dissolved. This is a new band which just so happens to carry the same name. It was pure Machiavellian on Axl's part. You almost have to hand it to him, the scheme was so cunning and ruthless.

• Like 1

So basically Axl quit GNR too. Axl quit real GNR and created another band with the same name correct? Does he fall in the "coward" category as well for quitting the old band?

Correct. Also, technically this is not the same band as the 1985-1995 band. Legally that band were dissolved. This is a new band which just so happens to carry the same name. It was pure Machiavellian on Axl's part. You almost have to hand it to him, the scheme was so cunning and ruthless.

He shoplifted the Gn'R name cause he probably thought he deserved it and the other band members couldn't be trusted with the responsibility which is of course ironic given what he did with the name up to this point which is very little and what a crazy person would do with it.

Edited by Rovim

Yes but what I am getting at is, rather than some messy attempt to claim ownership of the actual 1985-1995 band, Axl simply obtained the name and dissolved it, creating a new band. Pure ruthlessness. It is rather like when bankrupt companies reopen under a different name to avoid their debts.

but it is a fact that junkies are like this "well-known compulsive liar and manipulator. He always lies, he's always playing the victim.", as Nosaj said ....

No, it isn't a fact. Generally, usually, most of drug addicts have some sort of behavior that can be described like that. Some do, others simply don't.

I will take it as you not understanding what fact means, or that you have no idea how drug addicts behave.

and you know that's true

Highly doubt Maynard "knows" that is true, considering it is a fact that what you said isn't a fact.

we already talked about this ... we don't need to keep arguing about this over and over again ...

I don't see anyone arguing about it. You try to push things as facts, when they aren't. You're wrong, and you're the one who needs to be corrected.

I was just replying, ontopic, on Nosaj's post.

It was you replying to my post, yes, not on topic, though. I was talking about Axl, and Axl was never a junkie.

And Axl was a drug user ... that's a fact.

It is a fact that Axl was a drug user, he was never a drug addict (junkie). Another proof that you have no idea what "fact" means. Please learn the meaning of the word next time you wanna use it.

• Like 1

lol @ Apollo trying to turn this into a Axl vs Slash thread ... better, into a GUNNER PT's psychology thread ... :lol:

Maynard, I never had any problems with drugs or with drug users ... but it is a fact that junkies are like this "well-known compulsive liar and manipulator. He always lies, he's always playing the victim.", as Nosaj said .... and you know that's true, we already talked about this ... we don't need to keep arguing about this over and over again ... I was just replying, ontopic, on Nosaj's post.

You are the one who continually insults slash, duff and izzy by your frequent use of the word junkie.

Bottom line.

Those junkies were the heart and soul of GnR. Slash and Duff showed up for every rehearsal, band practice and concert - on time.

Did Axl?

Your idol forced those guys to sign the name, then forced them to leave GnR ........just so he could release one album in 20 years.

Meanwhile, slash, duff and izzy continue to release music on a consistent basis.

Hate to break your Axl worshipping little heart. But those "junkies" aren't what destroyed the best rock band in the world. Your hero is.

By the way - in the last year what has your idol told you - his fan - about a new album? New tour? New band members?

lol @ Apollo trying to turn this into a Axl vs Slash thread ... better, into a GUNNER PT's psychology thread ... :lol:

Maynard, I never had any problems with drugs or with drug users ... but it is a fact that junkies are like this "well-known compulsive liar and manipulator. He always lies, he's always playing the victim.", as Nosaj said .... and you know that's true, we already talked about this ... we don't need to keep arguing about this over and over again ... I was just replying, ontopic, on Nosaj's post.

You are the one who continually insults slash, duff and izzy by your frequent use of the word junkie.

Bottom line.

Those junkies were the heart and soul of GnR. Slash and Duff showed up for every rehearsal, band practice and concert - on time.

Did Axl?

Your idol forced those guys to sign the name, then forced them to leave GnR ........just so he could release one album in 20 years.

Meanwhile, slash, duff and izzy continue to release music on a consistent basis.

Hate to break your Axl worshipping little heart. But those "junkies" aren't what destroyed the best rock band in the world. Your hero is.

By the way - in the last year what has your idol told you - his fan - about a new album? New tour? New band members?

I'm not Axl's fan ... you are. And you are really pissed with him ... lol

I'm just a regular GN'R fan ... and there's nothing wrong/ofensive about calling junkie to a junkie ... Axl also had his junkie days ... thank God all of them look clean now. :)

Edited by GUNNER PT

Bottom line.

Did Axl?

I'm not Axl's fan ... you are. And you are really pissed with him ... lol

I'm just a regular GN'R fan ... and there's nothing wrong/ofensive about calling junkie to a junkie ... Axl also had his junkie days ... thank God all of them look clean now. :)

Pissed? Not in the least bit.

Disappointed my favorite rock singer of all time broke up the greatest rock band of my generation - yes. Disappointed my favorite rock singer of all time has released one album in the last 24 years and that he doesn't give a crap about his fans - yes.

You are a regular GnR fan. That might be the biggest lie you have told yet.

All you do is make up weird explanations to worship Axl's every move, and then find the weirdest ways to insult Slash at every opportunity. You constantly use the word junkie as an insult.

Then when people give specific factual responses to things you've lies about or where you are 100% wrong or 100% pure t-rolling, you NEVER respond with an actual fact or shred of logic.

You just go into "I'm just a normal guy, I don't know what you are talking about" mode.

Serious question.

Do you really believe the nonsense you post or are you just having a good and t-rollin the board???

Axl is the devil.

Who said that?

I did ... can't you see who you're quoting? :wacko:

You just proved the point I just made in the response above this.

You are a joke.

You are the Fernando of the GnR message board world.

Great posts, Apollo. As always, continue to expose these individuals and prove them wrong whenever you can. :)

Funny, somebody today said that I used to be pro-Axl and now I've switched 180 degrees to the other side - simply to look "cool" and be respected by the cool kids on the forum!!!

I'm as pro-Axl has anybody on this forum.

What I'm not is somebody who worships the ground he walks on and makes excuses for every move he makes. Axl is the best rock singer of my generation, Appetite is the best rock album of my generation, I absolutely love most of CD.......but the way Axl has handled GnR over the last decade is just pathetic.

Over the last decade about 10 posters have made me into a poster who has to say bad things about Axl - just because of the idiotic stuff they post. "Those crazy bitches deserved to get hit by him" and "Axl is a genius for not promoting CD" and "CD sold 7 million copies" and other nonsense where they rewrite GnR history and portray Axl/Slash/Duff and Izzy in a light that simply isn't true.

Apollo, it doesn't matter how many times you repeat that you're #1 fan of the band, that Chinese Democracy is your favorite rock album of the last decade, or how much you want to support Axl and his projects, as soon as you criticize him for being the sad joke he is, even if said criticism has been validated by Axl's own behavior throughout the years, you will be labeled as a "hater". You either blindfold yourself and support this unprofessional, lazy, bitter musician for the rest of your life or you shut your mouth and stop being a 'hater'. What ever happened to common sense, eh? :lol:

You're a 40 year old man, with a hot wife and two beautiful kids, someone who leads such a successful life, does not need the approval of some random anonymous individuals on the internet. However, people who are dying for being "noticed" online, will claim that you do. It's not that hard to see through people's bullshit. Whoever said those things about you, that's the one who wants attention.

Why does the choice have to come down to either "supporting" Axl, or thinking he's a "sad joke"?
We all signed up here because we like Guns N' Roses. I would imagine there are very few who got into only the instrumentals on GN'R. The guy might not have been up to par the last few years but to call the guy a "sad joke" is actually kinda hateful sounding. I think each member of the band, past and present, deserves respect. I'm not particularly thrilled with the lack of activity or the last 5 years myself...But Axl helped to create Appetite for Destruction, Lies, Illusions and yes TSI too, along with 8 other also awesome and talented guys. Maybe Axl's project didn't live up to your expectations, but we - sitting here bitching about a 53 year old singer's activity - are more of a joke than Axl will ever be in the sense that, he's sitting in his house counting his millions, while we're here bitching about him not doing exactly what we want. We should try to just look at things more, "glass half full."

Guns N' Roses released 5 great studio albums between 1987 and 1993, put on amazing concerts, and thankfully, all of the members are alive and well. We should be grateful for that. We're lucky Axl and the rest of the band survived the 1980s and 1990s given his own issues, we shouldn't bitch or say nasty things about them because they're not acting on demand as we'd like it. I'd love it if Robert Plant stopped being stubborn and selfish and gave the world the Zeppelin reunion tour people have been begging for since 1980...But I don't think the guy is a "sad joke" or a "bitter, unprofessional musician" for not wanting to do something I want him to, you know?

Indirectly or directly we're all Axl fans to greater and lesser degrees, we're all Slash fans, Izzy fans. Instead of bitching at each other or at the band members, let's just be happy we got what we did and that none of the members died in the process, ya know? A little solidarity, eh?

• Like 2

Why does the choice have to come down to either "supporting" Axl, or thinking he's a "sad joke"?

We all signed up here because we like Guns N' Roses. I would imagine there are very few who got into only the instrumentals on GN'R. The guy might not have been up to par the last few years but to call the guy a "sad joke" is actually kinda hateful sounding. I think each member of the band, past and present, deserves respect. I'm not particularly thrilled with the lack of activity or the last 5 years myself...But Axl helped to create Appetite for Destruction, Lies, Illusions and yes TSI too, along with 8 other also awesome and talented guys. Maybe Axl's project didn't live up to your expectations, but we - sitting here bitching about a 53 year old singer's activity - are more of a joke than Axl will ever be in the sense that, he's sitting in his house counting his millions, while we're here bitching about him not doing exactly what we want. We should try to just look at things more, "glass half full."

Guns N' Roses released 5 great studio albums between 1987 and 1993, put on amazing concerts, and thankfully, all of the members are alive and well. We should be grateful for that. We're lucky Axl and the rest of the band survived the 1980s and 1990s given his own issues, we shouldn't bitch or say nasty things about them because they're not acting on demand as we'd like it. I'd love it if Robert Plant stopped being stubborn and selfish and gave the world the Zeppelin reunion tour people have been begging for since 1980...But I don't think the guy is a "sad joke" or a "bitter, unprofessional musician" for not wanting to do something I want him to, you know?

Indirectly or directly we're all Axl fans to greater and lesser degrees, we're all Slash fans, Izzy fans. Instead of bitching at each other or at the band members, let's just be happy we got what we did and that none of the members died in the process, ya know? A little solidarity, eh?

Totally rock3

• Like 1

Have you watched RIR 2011? Have you watched Axl falling on stage many times over those years touring? Have you watched Ashba fuckin´up songs time and time again?

Have you watched Axl out of breath, out of voice and fuckin´up lyrics of songs he has performed like a million times?

I´m very happy that Axl is alive.I´m happy for AFD and UYI. I´m happy I got to see the old band live. But Axl and GN´R legacy went down the toilette

Who said those are the only choices? Apollo, the one I was replying to, is the type of fan who is frustrated with the state of the band while still believing in Axl. When you start putting words in somebody else's mouth to make a point, you start to lose an argument.

I would take this as a serious post if it wasn't written by Miser, the guy who started being pro-Axl and hated all things Slash-related, only to then jump to hate-Axl and praise-Slash (never forget the PM you sent me affirming this), only to have a meltdown for the nth time, leave the forum - return and be pro-Axl again.

I guess your stance on the matter change however you see fit, rather than firmly believing in something. I can't take people who behave like that, serious.

You don't "think" he is "bitter, unprofessional musician or a sad joke," I do. Your opinion is valid, but somehow, mine or others aren't. Nowhere in my posts I am asking people to think like me. I will always be thankful for the great music that Guns N' Roses (Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt and Dizzy) shared with us. I won't ignore the fact that he has done nothing but ridicule himself the last years.

Define "bitching" because, everyone here including yourself, have the right to express their opinions in the shape or form they want. Criticism is not a bad thing, and I can't think of any other artist who treat his fans like Axl does. If everyone around here is a genuine Axl fan, I guess they have the right to say that they do not agree with something that Axl is doing or saying.

Finally, if Axl is laughing at us while counting his millions. Then, what solidarity are you speaking of? Whether you support him or shit on him, he doesn't care.

• Like 2

I've been a GNR fan for 25 years now, as much as I'd like to be singing Axl's praises the last 6 (some would argue 20) years have been a total clusterfuck.

Pros:

The handful of shows the Buckethead lineup performed. Of course, this could also be a Con because it ended so badly...hard to call it a success.

06-07 was great and Axl was impressive.

The leaks. Personal highlight.

The album finally came out. Of course, this could also be a Con because it has serious issues.

09-14 nice to see Axl being "reliable" and active. Of course this could also be a con because he also looked and sounded like shit for the most part, and DJ Ashba.

Cons:

Everything else. Seriously, there's just too much shit to list.

• Like 1