NTSC, PAL

wasted

In ordering a game I got into a back and forth with online game site about the compatibility of a game. As in they sold out of Asia region one. But I checked Europe version and it was NtSC-J. So I ordered that one.

But when it came it was PAL only. But it worked!

So wtf is the point of NtSC-J, Ntsc U/C, PAL?

In ordering a game I got into a back and forth with online game site about the compatibility of a game. As in they sold out of Asia region one. But I checked Europe version and it was NtSC-J. So I ordered that one.

What system? PS3 was almost entirely region-free, 360 had a good number of region-free games.

PAL, NTSC, etc had to do with broadcasting back when people bought videotapes, but when DVDs came out, they started breaking things up into region codes. It has to do with licensing, getting clearance and distribution. Maybe some players automatically change the region code when you pop the game in, but I know with Sony DVD players, they limit you to change region codes 4 or 5 times, unless they made their player region free.

I put an Xbox game (Mechwarrior) into my PS2 once, and it worked.

No it didn't.

That's what they want you to believe ;)

It was a bit fucked up, but it did indeed work and I was playing for a minute or two before I realised what I had done.

100% serious here.

No it didn't.

It was a bit fucked up, but it did indeed work and I was playing for a minute or two before I realised what I had done.

100% serious here.

No it didn't.

No it didn't.

100% serious here.

No it didn't.

Why would I make something like that up? :wacko:

Try it.

No it didn't.

100% serious here.

No it didn't.

Why would I make something like that up? :wacko:

Try it.

I don't know, maybe your memory is wrong. I don't mean to be rude, but they're completely different platforms that run different code so what you're saying literally couldn't have been possible.

You might have been able to see a title video or screen, but there's no conceivable way that the game could have actually been launched and played, even for just a minute or two.

What system? PS3 was almost entirely region-free, 360 had a good number of region-free games.

360. I guess it was region free. But PAL is generally Europe?