This man owns the largest collection of Nazi artifacts

classicrawker

:lol:

I'm sure she wouldn't've minded!

There's this guy in the town I work on who has a collection of Nazi memorabilia. He has stood for the local coincil elections a few times too (and won for one term). His politics were unsurprisingly right of what's mainstream.

reminds me of That epsode of Father Ted with the guy who collects Nazi shit and is secretly a sympathiser. 'you wouldn't happen to have something from the Allied side of things would you?' 'No no, oh no, that sort of thing wouldn't interest me at all!'

:lol:

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

I want their fuckin' jackets :lol:

its only fuckin memorabillia. And, come to that, even if he was an actual card carrying Nazi, so what, they do still exist yknow...and they have a right too, you cant just X people out of existence cuz they believe in something horrible. As long as they dont go reconnecting the pipework over at Sobibhor or whatever then hey, let em believe in Nazism, i dont think its really any of my business.

I started a bit of a stramash on the old social media earlier today railing against members of my family sharing "Britain First" (spawn of the extreme end of the BNP and the EDL) facebook posts. Of course these people have a right to exist and to privately hold their views, the problem is that when your views are so strongly based around ostracising 'other' people, it's very difficult to practice "live and let live" with a straight face.

Interesting how in Germany they have to strip Nazi symbolism and imagery from all video games, so in games like the Wolfenstein series you're no longer a Yank killing Nazis, you're just killing Germans, as if that's any better...

I want their fuckin' jackets :lol:

its only fuckin memorabillia. And, come to that, even if he was an actual card carrying Nazi, so what, they do still exist yknow...and they have a right too, you cant just X people out of existence cuz they believe in something horrible. As long as they dont go reconnecting the pipework over at Sobibhor or whatever then hey, let em believe in Nazism, i dont think its really any of my business.

I started a bit of a stramash on the old social media earlier today railing against members of my family sharing "Britain First" (spawn of the extreme end of the BNP and the EDL) facebook posts. Of course these people have a right to exist and to privately hold their views, the problem is that when your views are so strongly based around ostracising 'other' people, it's very difficult to practice "live and let live" with a straight face.

Oh dont get me wrong, i advocate everyone telling anyone and everyone to fuck off if they choose, its not always the best idea but you're free to do it but just to hate them for the fact they exist, having lived in a world where they've always existed and always will or to deny them the right to exist (i understand no one said that) is not the way to go about things for me, as things are in 2015 they're just one of many voices out there that i dont agree with and thats about all the recognition they get from me, its not something I'm really moved by unless confronted aggressively by it in whatever manner.

It is a Luftwaffe magazine, the type of thing handed out to the forces. It has songs, adverts and other things. I am ashamed to say I did not pay attention to German at High School or I could tell you more. I will scan some of the pages when I get the time - I keep meaning to scan you my great grandfathers discharge certificate. I also have two helmets. One is a British 'Tommy' helmet. It was passed down my family. I do not know much more about it. The second is a dead Argies helmet that my uncle filched in 1982 - it even has the Argies' name written on in pen and candlewax in the middle where the Argies made fires to keep them warm. That is a great helmet. The Argies were using American helmets which come in two pieces. Pride of place in my collection. I also have the end of a shell but I do not know if it is British or German? I did not even know it was a shell until I saw a similar piece in a museum.