Slash regrets portraying himself as a "crazy loser junkie"

fans making demands of new music & tours, merch should simply apply to TB for a job if they can do a better job.

Bro, are you serious?

Sadly yes. Wkuk not only lies about Axl and Slash but is also part of the 'life doesn't own you a happy ending' brigade.

Slash made decisions regarding his future with Guns & his relationship with Axl while being a junkie. That's why I have a hard time believing what he says half the time, junkies/ex junkies sure have a way with words and constantly blag. Its the blame game with Slash and he painted the picture in the media for decades that it was all Axl's fault and Slash never took responsibility for his own actions, he wrapped Duff & Matt round his finger at the same time.

The difference is one is making music and touring, the other is releasing no shit and tours with the songs he composed more than 15 years ago, but well it makes no sense to explain to you, it will be like just talking to a wall.

lol having more songs does not in anyway mean you're a better musician fuckhead

Shits about to get real if you keep posting like that. No more of this please.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter how much material Axl has, if he doesn't release anything. I think Chinese Democracy is more interesting than anything Slash has done post-Guns (sans Velvet Revolver's Contraband, which is a killer album), but at least Slash is releasing new music and appreciating his fans.

I can agree with this

and Slash's appereance (he hardly wears leather these days btw) should remain te same. it's his image

He pretty much dressed like this since the early 90's and it's fine and it has nothing to do with the actual topic, imo

Edited by Strange Broue

Slash made decisions regarding his future with Guns & his relationship with Axl while being a junkie. That's why I have a hard time believing what he says half the time, junkies/ex junkies sure have a way with words and constantly blag. Its the blame game with Slash and he painted the picture in the media for decades that it was all Axl's fault and Slash never took responsibility for his own actions, he wrapped Duff & Matt round his finger at the same time.

The difference is one is making music and touring, the other is releasing no shit and tours with the songs he composed more than 15 years ago, but well it makes no sense to explain to you, it will be like just talking to a wall.

Axl has more material than Slash, your argument is invalid. Playing bingo halls, small venues & 45 minute slots in festivals is not the same as playing large venues. Axl doesn't accept every tour request that some promoter throws at him.

I love how guys like you are so hell bent on defending Axl and bashing Slash that you have either "forgot" what really happened or you know you are lying and you purposely misrepresent GnR history to fit your agenda.

Axl has more material than Slash?

Slash is playing bingo halls?

And you actually are praising Axl for NOT playing for his FANS more...while insulting Slash for performing for his fans all the time. Sit back and think about what you just said. You praised a singer for not singing. You bashed a musician for playing die his fans too much. That's one of the most amazing things I've ever read on this forum.

Wk come on. You are smarter than that.

No, he is not smarter than this

But i also agree with you also

I just saw Slash on a festival and he played more than one hour

wkuk is a frustrated Axl fan, that's all

Seems like he is OK with one album in 23 years and sporadic GH tours and weak Axl performances, and diminishing Slash's band saying like he played bingo halls (if he really wanna step up the trolling game he should mention Ribfest)

Oh and btw Axl doesn't accept EVERY tour attempt but he accept Russian weddings and Vegas residencies which is alone a worse career move than playing on Ribfest for a few bucks (if you really wanna speak about integrity)....

Axl without the GNR brandname probably playing in bars like Hookers N' Blow these days....

Edited by Strange Broue

Axl has more material than Slash, your argument is invalid. Playing bingo halls, small venues & 45 minute slots in festivals is not the same as playing large venues. Axl doesn't accept every tour request that some promoter throws at him.
Ban-worthy post. Axl doesn't have more material than Slash. Slash plays big venues. Promoters don't throw tour requests at Axl.

And now wkuk will answer with some unfunny gif or meme.

Ban worthy? Because I don't agree with something. That's insane. You Slash fanatics should join a Slash fan forum instead of getting major butthurt over criticism's of your favourite rockstar.
Wow.

You literally just described yourself.

People don't care if you criticize Slash. They care that you lie about Axl. That you lie about slash. And that you lie about GnR history.

I'm still trying to wrap my ahead around you saying Axl has more material than Slash. You praise Axl for going into hiding for years at a time and not playing for his fans. And you bash Slash for wanting to perform for his fans. Mind blowing that you would post that.

You seriously can't believe anything you've said in this topic. Because it's 100% wrong. Facts are facts. Opinions are opinions. But what you posted are lies.

That's why people argue with you. They get tired of your t-rolling.

It's not trolling. Axl get's more hate on this board than anybody who was ever in/out Guns N' Roses, fans making demands of new music & tours, merch should simply apply to TB for a job if they can do a better job. If the appetite or Illusion era lineup reunited tomorrow some people believe it would solve world hunger, end all wars and stop climate change, just because I don't wear Slash style leather pants doesn't mean I hate the guy. (I prefer sweatpants)

The problem is Axl & Slash fans have been so alienated by each other's problems with one other that the fallout of there relationship has affected people opinions about these two guys, it's changed the landscape of Guns for better or worse, you either accept it or let the bitterness eat away at you.

Nobody hates Axl!!! We wouldn´t be here if that was the case. What some of us point out is frustration and sometimes anger with things he has done and things he doesn´t do.

Since 1994 all we had from him was one album. If he doesn´t want to make more music then he has to say it. This limbo is taking the band nowhere. If BBF left someone has to say they are looking for somebody else to replace him. Or at least confirm that the guy left.

I don´t want to hear Dizzy saying they don´t know anyting because Axl keeps things secret. Why is everything so fuckin´secret? What is Axl expecting to gain from that? Nothing makes sense. Maybe you enjoy the secrets, the silence, the doing nothing band. I don´t know why it makes you happy, but hey! Have fun! Some of us don´t like it at all. That doesn´t make us haters

On the other hand we have Slash making music, Duff writing another book and making a couple of songs with Izzy and Adler is also working with his band. I´m not saying that what they do is amazing but at least they do something

Ban-worthy post. Axl doesn't have more material than Slash. Slash plays big venues. Promoters don't throw tour requests at Axl.

And now wkuk will answer with some unfunny gif or meme.

Ban worthy? Because I don't agree with something. That's insane. You Slash fanatics should join a Slash fan forum instead of getting major butthurt over criticism's of your favourite rockstar.
Wow.

You literally just described yourself.

People don't care if you criticize Slash. They care that you lie about Axl. That you lie about slash. And that you lie about GnR history.

I'm still trying to wrap my ahead around you saying Axl has more material than Slash. You praise Axl for going into hiding for years at a time and not playing for his fans. And you bash Slash for wanting to perform for his fans. Mind blowing that you would post that.

You seriously can't believe anything you've said in this topic. Because it's 100% wrong. Facts are facts. Opinions are opinions. But what you posted are lies.

That's why people argue with you. They get tired of your t-rolling.

It's not trolling. Axl get's more hate on this board than anybody who was ever in/out Guns N' Roses, fans making demands of new music & tours, merch should simply apply to TB for a job if they can do a better job. If the appetite or Illusion era lineup reunited tomorrow some people believe it would solve world hunger, end all wars and stop climate change, just because I don't wear Slash style leather pants doesn't mean I hate the guy. (I prefer sweatpants)

The problem is Axl & Slash fans have been so alienated by each other's problems with one other that the fallout of there relationship has affected people opinions about these two guys, it's changed the landscape of Guns for better or worse, you either accept it or let the bitterness eat away at you.

Nobody hates Axl!!! We wouldn´t be here if that was the case. What some of us point out is frustration and sometimes anger with things he has done and things he doesn´t do.

Since 1994 all we had from him was one album. If he doesn´t want to make more music then he has to say it. This limbo is taking the band nowhere. If BBF left someone has to say they are looking for somebody else to replace him. Or at least confirm that the guy left.

I don´t want to hear Dizzy saying they don´t know anyting because Axl keeps things secret. Why is everything so fuckin´secret? What is Axl expecting to gain from that? Nothing makes sense. Maybe you enjoy the secrets, the silence, the doing nothing band. I don´t know why it makes you happy, but hey! Have fun! Some of us don´t like it at all. That doesn´t make us haters

On the other hand we have Slash making music, Duff writing another book and making a couple of songs with Izzy and Adler is also working with his band. I´m not saying that what they do is amazing but at least they do something

One album in 20+ years is poor I don't deny that. Duff & Slash, Izzy walked away, important members of a band, that's like removing the spine. You then replace them with hired players, and have to change direction or die. All of ex Guns are in there 50's now, twilight of there careers. I'd love to read Axl's autobiography and read his version of events of the breakup and effects of the aftermath. All this change all the while the music industry has changed, there's an infection of piracy and the Internet has changed people's life's. Guns has lost half or more of its popularity since it imploded. I think Axl has done

an adequate job thus far, it might not be personally satisfying you or me but these cards he has been dealt. The label has rejected a follow up album in 2010, that's not Axl or Guns fault that's the label being greedy knowing full well Universal & Geffen has made a shit ton of cash from the GnR brand and the figures probably dwarf what the band members themselves made from creating the music. I don't know what you guys want me to say half the time.

One album in 20+ years is poor I don't deny that. Duff & Slash, Izzy walked away, important members of a band, that's like removing the spine. You then replace them with hired players, and have to change direction or die. All of ex Guns are in there 50's now, twilight of there careers. I'd love to read Axl's autobiography and read his version of events of the breakup and effects of the aftermath. All this change all the while the music industry has changed, there's an infection of piracy and the Internet has changed people's life's. Guns has lost half or more of its popularity since it imploded. I think Axl has done

an adequate job thus far, it might not be personally satisfying you or me but these cards he has been dealt. The label has rejected a follow up album in 2010, that's not Axl or Guns fault that's the label being greedy knowing full well Universal & Geffen has made a shit ton of cash from the GnR brand and the figures probably dwarf what the band members themselves made from creating the music. I don't know what you guys want me to say half the time.

Duff, Slash and Izzy had reasons to walk away, why only say their names? Matt left, Josh Freese left, Buckethead left, Robin left, Brain left, BBF also has problems (I know he also left) Axl's childhood Pyjama buddy Paul Tobias also left. All of them had reasons to leave, so all of them are wrong and just one man is correct? or according to you people who din't speak against Axl after leaving are awesome and people who spoke the reality are bad?

For a minute I go along with you that ok Slash and Duff left Axl hanging there, but when Axl made the new band, why the hell din't he concentrate on it? the album could have easily been released in 2001 or even 2002 if Axl showed up in the studio and recorded stuff, you know if it wasn't for DR. Pepper or the best buy deal, we wouldn't even have seen CD released.

Its a simple business, Axl is a human, other musicians or any musicians are humans too, they go in the studio, record music, they take their time, sometimes months, sometimes a year but they do RELEASE the songs, ill give you an example, lets take AC/DC, they have accomplished so much that even if they don't release stuff they will still be amazing, but well they went in the studio for a couple of months, a band member was sick, so they called another musician who helped them before, they recorded stuff and RELEASED it for the fans

Axl has more material than Slash, your argument is invalid.

Since the end of the Illusion tour in 1993 Slash has released 98 songs (28 Snakepit; 26 Velvet Revolver; 44 solo/Conspirators) and that is not including his many collaborations which must be a batting statistic in numbers, various ad hoc stand alone songs such as those intended for soundtracks, and other rarities. In contrast Axl has released 15 songs, the 14-track Chinese Democracy album and Oh My God.

Duff, Slash and Izzy had reasons to walk away, why only say their names? Matt left, Josh Freese left, Buckethead left, Robin left, Brain left, BBF also has problems (I know he also left) Axl's childhood Pyjama buddy Paul Tobias also left. All of them had reasons to leave, so all of them are wrong and just one man is correct? or according to you people who din't speak against Axl after leaving are awesome and people who spoke the reality are bad?

For a minute I go along with you that ok Slash and Duff left Axl hanging there, but when Axl made the new band, why the hell din't he concentrate on it? the album could have easily been released in 2001 or even 2002 if Axl showed up in the studio and recorded stuff, you know if it wasn't for DR. Pepper or the best buy deal, we wouldn't even have seen CD released.

Its a simple business, Axl is a human, other musicians or any musicians are humans too, they go in the studio, record music, they take their time, sometimes months, sometimes a year but they do RELEASE the songs, ill give you an example, lets take AC/DC, they have accomplished so much that even if they don't release stuff they will still be amazing, but well they went in the studio for a couple of months, a band member was sick, so they called another musician who helped them before, they recorded stuff and RELEASED it for the fans

ACDC has been remaking Back In Black for the last 30 years. The Bon Scott era is the best. I was referring to the appetite/illusion era. Edited by wkuk04

Since the end of the Illusion tour in 1993 Slash has released 98 songs (28 Snakepit; 26 Velvet Revolver; 44 solo/Conspirators) and that is not including his many collaborations which must be a batting statistic in numbers, various ad hoc stand alone songs such as those intended for soundtracks, and other rarities. In contrast Axl has released 15 songs, the 14-track Chinese Democracy album and Oh My God.

OK. Remove the Libertad tracks, it's a filler album. And remove the rest of the filler tracks from Snakepit era and his solo albums, and the mathematics might look better. I'd put most of CD above his solo tracks, Slither & FTP aside.

OK. Remove the Libertad tracks, it's a filler album. And remove the rest of the filler tracks from Snakepit era and his solo albums, and the mathematics might look better. I'd put most of CD above his solo tracks, Slither & FTP aside.

If we are going to let subjectivity enter the discussion Axl has not released a single song since 1991.

• Like 2

If we are going to let subjectivity enter the discussion Axl has not released a single song since 1991.

Really. I'd still put Axl's material over 95% of the classic lineups solo material, yes that includes Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven & Paul Tobias. Those recent Izzy & Duff tracks sound really flat and that's surprising considering they have another one of my favourite guitarists playing those tracks with them in Jerry Cantrell. Now that's me being honest not hating. Kill The Internet is best of the bunch. Edited by wkuk04

Really. I'd still put Axl's material over 95% of the classic lineups solo material, yes that includes Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven & Paul Tobias. Those recent Izzy & Duff tracks sound really flat and that's surprising considering they have another one of my favourite guitarists playing those tracks with them in Jerry Cantrell. Now that's me being honest not hating. Kill The Internet is best of the bunch.

Fair enough, you like CD more than anything done by ex members. But that´s your opinion, other people enjoy the albums that ex members have done and they think it´s better than CD. They have the that right. And at this point they have a lot more to enjoy than you do because unfortunately for you and others Axl has only made one album. And it looks like he is not planning to do another one

Really. I'd still put Axl's material over 95% of the classic lineups solo material, yes that includes Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven & Paul Tobias. Those recent Izzy & Duff tracks sound really flat and that's surprising considering they have another one of my favourite guitarists playing those tracks with them in Jerry Cantrell. Now that's me being honest not hating. Kill The Internet is best of the bunch.

Fair enough, you like CD more than anything done by ex members. But that´s your opinion, other people enjoy the albums that ex members have done and they think it´s better than CD. They have the that right. And at this point they have a lot more to enjoy than you do because unfortunately for you and others Axl has only made one album. And it looks like he is not planning to do another one

Fair enough. Although there's more music on the way like Axl said he's not working on it to keep it buried.

hey thanks for this investigation!

can you shed some light wh the other 84 members departed by themselfs from this prestegious dream job?

He didn't "portray" himself as a junkie, he was a junkie.

finally, somebody reacts to the actual topic and not turns this thread to another axl vs. slash thread!

Yeah, fair point, but i think Slash refers that he directly plays this "i'm a cool kid" card for decades

wkuk doesn't understand that Axl will not like him more if he bash Slash 24/7 and try to defend Axl (and constantly failed miserably with this "i put CD over ex members albums, i prefer quality over quantity" bullshit agenda)

He didn't "portray" himself as a junkie, he was a junkie.

finally, somebody reacts to the actual topic and not turns this thread to another axl vs. slash thread!

Yeah, fair point, but i think Slash refers that he directly plays this "i'm a cool kid" card for decadeswkuk doesn't understand that Axl will not like him more if he bash Slash 24/7 and try to defend Axl (and constantly failed miserably with this "i put CD over ex members albums, i prefer quality over quantity" bullshit agenda)

Jesus. From now on I won't comment on Axl vs Slash issues, every thing I have stated is in my past post page on my member page. Slash was a junkie, now he's clean and has been for a while, the hard living catches up with everybody you either get smart, quit and find sobriety or likely end up dead or suffer major health and well being issues. I hope he continues making music and I hope one day he records more music with Axl. Peace out.