Slash regrets portraying himself as a "crazy loser junkie"

Slash made decisions regarding his future with Guns & his relationship with Axl while being a junkie. That's why I have a hard time believing what he says half the time, junkies/ex junkies sure have a way with words and constantly blag.

I couldn't say it better (because my english sucks :lol: ) ... it's sad that people keep forgetting the roots of the problem, trying to rewrite history everytime they can.

It seems like your English still sucks because this is factually incorrect. Nobody is trying to rewrite history because wkuk04 was talking from his point of view. That's why he said "that's why I have a hard time believing what he says." Actually, most people have chosen to believe Slash's side of story and the one portrayed as a "paranoid, crazy, dictator loser" is Axl.

Slash made decisions regarding his future with Guns & his relationship with Axl while being a junkie. That's why I have a hard time believing what he says half the time, junkies/ex junkies sure have a way with words and constantly blag. Its the blame game with Slash and he painted the picture in the media for decades that it was all Axl's fault and Slash never took responsibility for his own actions, he wrapped Duff & Matt round his finger at the same time.

The difference is one is making music and touring, the other is releasing no shit and tours with the songs he composed more than 15 years ago, but well it makes no sense to explain to you, it will be like just talking to a wall.
Axl has more material than Slash, your argument is invalid.

Since the end of the Illusion tour in 1993 Slash has released 98 songs (28 Snakepit; 26 Velvet Revolver; 44 solo/Conspirators) and that is not including his many collaborations which must be a batting statistic in numbers, various ad hoc stand alone songs such as those intended for soundtracks, and other rarities. In contrast Axl has released 15 songs, the 14-track Chinese Democracy album and Oh My God.

OK. Remove the Libertad tracks, it's a filler album. And remove the rest of the filler tracks from Snakepit era and his solo albums, and the mathematics might look better. I'd put most of CD above his solo tracks, Slither & FTP aside.

Here is a little fact for you: Slash has released more music, more albums, more music videos, done more interviews, been more awarded than Axl. Sorry to burst your bubble, but as much as you'd like the situation to be the opposite, it isn't.

I still can't comprehend that posters on here see it as a positive that Axl doesn't do all those things. And bash Slash for doing them.

And not just Wk and gunner. But I just read posts from Val and mywifemylive where they agree.

Axl does whatever the hell he wants and is the last true rock star.

Putting out one album in 20 years for your fans to enjoy is better - and more rock star - than releasing seven albums, touring, playing with numerous musicians from various genres and keeping your fans up-to-date on your musical endeavors.

Sometimes it does get a little ridiculous on here.

I still can't comprehend that posters on here see it as a positive that Axl doesn't do all those things. And bash Slash for doing them.

And not just Wk and gunner. But I just read posts from Val and mywifemylive where they agree.

Putting out one album in 20 years for your fans to enjoy is better - and more rock star - than releasing seven albums, touring, playing with numerous musicians from various genres and keeping your fans up-to-date on your musical endeavors.

Yes, but you gotta think about it for a second. Do they really believe that or it is that they refuse to give up on Axl? Sometimes I think it's the latter, as no rational human being would support the current state of Axl's band.

I don't know about you but I love when people make stupid claims regarding Axl or Slash. Praising one for doing nothing, bashing the other one for doing too much. I love to prove them wrong and I certainly love to see them running away. It's like a cat and mouse game, only that the cat always eats the mouse. :lol:

Yes, but you gotta think about it for a second. Do they really believe that or it is that they refuse to give up on Axl? Sometimes I think it's the latter, as no rational human being would support the current state of Axl's band.

I don't know about you but I love when people make stupid claims regarding Axl or Slash. Praising one for doing nothing, bashing the other one for doing too much. I love to prove them wrong and I certainly love to see them running away. It's like a cat and mouse game, only that the cat always eats the mouse. :lol:

I love Axl - the singer - as much as anybody on this forum.

And I cannot wait for CD2 to come out, I have every confidence it is going to kick some major ass.

But some of these posters on here actually make me feel embarrassed for being part of the Axl die-hard fanbase.

I mean.....Axl is the last true rock star............dude has put out one album in the last 20 years, and is managed by his paid-for-mother and her family. LOL, and these fans actually criticize artists that release music!!!!!

Not sharing music with fans -- rockstar.

Sharing music with your fans -- horrible, terrible, what a loser!!!

:facepalm:

I love Axl - the singer - as much as anybody on this forum.

And I cannot wait for CD2 to come out, I have every confidence it is going to kick some major ass.

But some of these posters on here actually make me feel embarrassed for being part of the Axl die-hard fanbase.

I mean.....Axl is the last true rock star............dude has put out one album in the last 20 years, and is managed by his paid-for-mother and her family. LOL, and these fans actually criticize artists that release music!!!!!

Not sharing music with fans -- rockstar.

Sharing music with your fans -- horrible, terrible, what a loser!!!

:facepalm:

They are lunatics. I have not listened to gnr in years: guilty by association. If I was Axl and had fans like that, I would lock myself away in a mansion forever more also.

If I was Axl and had fans like that, I would lock myself away in a mansion forever more also.

Definitely, I would do that as well. Maybe they're the reason Axl has decided not to do shit anymore.

I've always thought that's a catch 22 though. I really think that if Axl had put out more material, people wouldn't obsess over tiny little things from the past 20 years.

If I was Axl and had fans like that, I would lock myself away in a mansion forever more also.

Definitely, I would do that as well. Maybe they're the reason Axl has decided not to do shit anymore.

I don´t think so, look at Jarmo. He belongs in the lunatics club and he got invited to join Axl on tours.

I've always thought that's a catch 22 though. I really think that if Axl had put out more material, people wouldn't obsess over tiny little things from the past 20 years.

And that includes those who can't or won't see any flaws in Axl as an artist and praise his every move? That people are fucking scary. Those who are out there 'demanding' new music are fans to me. Throw them a 3 minute long new song and they're kissing Axl's ass 24/7 again.

And that includes those who can't or won't see any flaws in Axl as an artist and praise his every move? That people are fucking scary. Those who are out there 'demanding' new music are fans to me. Throw them a 3 minute long new song and they're kissing Axl's ass 24/7 again.

Well I think those types of fans, no matter who they're a fan of, will always be out there. I see it all over the place with everything from singers to directors to whatever else. If someone says something bad about something that's obviously bad, there's always some crazed fun there to defend the undefendable.

Well I think those types of fans, no matter who they're a fan of, will always be out there. I see it all over the place with everything from singers to directors to whatever else. If someone says something bad about something that's obviously bad, there's always some crazed fun there to defend the undefendable.

Think of any artist, director or musician that treat their fans like Axl does but still has people defending their every move, even when they have stopped doing the only thing you could expect from them.

u dont know shit brotha, u can predict but cant possibly believe you're goddam right can you brotha?

True, my FB got disabled cause of those types of fans, how much ever you tell them, that certain artist would be their idol even if that artist kills some one.

u dont know shit brotha, u can predict but cant possibly believe you're goddam right can you brotha?

Well, according to the polls made in this forum, most people, around 98% of the members, still support Axl. If Axl were to release a new song, not even a full album, they would stop their fair criticism and join the Axl team again. It is what happens when you're fan after all.

I hope that answer your condescending question, "brotha."

lotwut

That sums everything up quite nicely.

If everything happened the way it did, but Axl released albums in 2000, double album in 2004, 2008, 20012 and album number five was coming out next year - then 90% of the negativity would have disappeared. Some people might not have liked the music, but at least they would give Axl credit for TRYING. For showing us HIS version of GnR.

People stick around because they love the guy's music. Axl could have easily won the "haters" over - or at least earned their respect.

The entire tone of the criticism would be 100% different if Axl would have just gave the fans something. I firmly believe the majority of the negativity would be gone. And, people wouldn't be focusing on all the little stupid stuff that Axl does. Instead, we'd be debating which of the four or five albums was the best, rank the 15 best songs post-Classic line-up, how did Axl's double album in 2004 compare to the Illusions, etc.

People talk about Axl's weight and about The Beta because there is nothing else to talk about.

People don't like cowards and that's the worst aspect of Axl's personality. He's a big coward, always the victim, always the crybaby. Just release your music and let people judge it. There's a big chance people will like it and if they don't, try again and again. Now it's too late, Axl has given up and is probably retired for good. As a sad loser. Big shame.

• Like 2

People don't like cowards and that's the worst aspect of Axl's personality. He's a big coward, always the victim, always the crybaby. Just release your music and let people judge it. There's a big chance people will like it and if they don't, try again and again. Now it's too late, Axl has given up and is probably retired for good. As a sad loser. Big shame.

:blink:

You've gone to far with this post. Madness.

• Like 1

Very true. And if he'd stuck with the original plan of three albums in a brief timespan both the then-current incarnation of Guns and Axl as an artist and songwriter would be treated as a lot more legitimate. The long wait for Chinese would be largely forgiven and forgotten.

That's it exactly.

Its simple really, and here a little analogy suits...

If the taste of whiskey is too strong for you, you pour a mixer into it until the taste is suppressed.

In GNR, the taste of Slash, Duff & izzy is still very strong for the fans because fucking Axl couldn't get his ass out the gate to dilute their presence out of existence by doing the thing every other artist does; releasing one album after another until the original body of work became hugely diluted and eventually supplanted by later albums.

Axl is so bitter because the world still seeks the old band in everything he offers, but its entirely understandable and entirely his fault that this remains the case today.

He offered almost nothing in response to what the old band gave their fans.

Sure the odds were stacked impossibly against him outshining the original band, they had everything on their side: youth, good looks, bad boy personalities, fucking killer music, true originality and talent plus plenty of outrageous scandals and car crash personal lives. A global audience of young people hungry for a new take on rock music and a new take on life just ate that shit up all day long.

BUT - it was his stupid idea that it was all sitting there for him to own and control as he saw fit - and for believing that he had the legal and musical muscle to reduce the components of this juggernaut to paid and highly interchangeable employees.

You can drag all the drug shit into this to try to defend him, degrade the others and get away from this bottom line fact but its a bogus argument; Slash was OD'ing and hanging out in Hawaii to dry out before AFD even showed up on the world stage...and Axl stayed around.

The fact is, when Axl's bluff was called, and all the old guys left, the best plan Axl could come up with - to outdo the greatest RNR band in 25 years, was to sit in his mansion shouting down the phone at studio engineers working on random music with a bunch of disparate guys who didn't even know each other and just keep throwing millions of dollars at this scenario until something of value appeared. Any fool with access to money could do this. There was no fucking plan and certainly no plan were Axl was left doing any of the heavy lifting. As a result, we have no music and we long for the better days when we did. That's not our fault Axl - its yours.

Edited by Intercourse
  • Like 2

I've cleaned this up and moved it. Please stick with the topic and lay off the personal arguments.

Clean and move all you want. But next time don´t wait until the thread is seven pages long to do it

:wacko:

The thread was mostly on topic until the other evening. If you spot something that needs dealing with before a mod does you are welcome to report it. None of us are here 24/7.