Slash regrets portraying himself as a "crazy loser junkie"

And we hope you stop with trólling comments like Axl having more material than Slash. You KNOW it's not true.

True. I've never trolled on this forum, so take with that what you will. I've just put Chinatown on, so I'm going to watch that.

And we hope you stop with trólling comments like Axl having more material than Slash. You KNOW it's not true.

True. I've never trolled on this forum, so take with that what you will. I've just put Chinatown on, so I'm going to watch that.

Wait....I see Gunner PT online, well enjoy your movie

Can anyone help me with my bad english?
I mean ... does he regrets for being a junkie back then and for all the shit he did and the bad decisions he took as a junkie ... or does he just regrets for his IMAGE of being a junkie back then?

I read the article but I'm not sure if the guy learned the lesson right... :shrugs:

Slash made decisions regarding his future with Guns & his relationship with Axl while being a junkie. That's why I have a hard time believing what he says half the time, junkies/ex junkies sure have a way with words and constantly blag.

I couldn't say it better (because my english sucks :lol: ) ... it's sad that people keep forgetting the roots of the problem, trying to rewrite history everytime they can.

He could maybe help to distance himself from that 25-year old image by cutting his hair, losing the top hat and stop wearing leather?

That's marketing man ... there's nothing wrong about that ... people love to keep the shit without the smell ... unfortunately sometimes it's just impossible to have the best of two different worlds ...

Ban-worthy post.
It would be a dream-weekend, wouldn't it? Tiny, wkuk and me ...
Keep asking, maybe you'll be lucky sooner or later
Besides, having your sig and calling other people "t.roll", must be a bad joke.
Edited by GUNNER PT

Wait....I see Gunner PT online, well enjoy your movie
Thanks! x

It would be a dream-weekend, wouldn't it? Tiny, wkuk and me ...
Keep asking, maybe you'll be lucky sooner or later
Besides you and your sig ... calling other people "t.roll", must be a bad joke.

How much ever annoying both of you get, If both of you get banned, I know somewhere in the back of my head you will be missed, It will be pretty lonely here without both of you even though you get on the nerves of everyone

I was reading some threads from a few years ago and there were some really crazy Axl fanatics lol

My friendly advice would be just don't hate a certain band member cause the band member you love hates that person, as a fan you should be equal to everyone and see what they did right or wrong, Im a fan of Slash, if he does something wrong then I will say he did that thing wrong, I wont blindly follow him or agree with his thing.

Can anyone help me with my bad english?

The Basics are A,B,C,D. An easy way to learn is to attach a word which you can remember. I will give you an Example

A for Axl

B for Beta

C for Chinese Democracy

D for Dizzy

• Like 1

How much ever annoying both of you get, If both of you get banned, I know somewhere in the back of my head you will be missed, It will be pretty lonely here without both of you even though you get on the nerves of everyone

I was reading some threads from a few years ago and there were some really crazy Axl fanatics lol

My friendly advice would be just don't hate a certain band member cause the band member you love hates that person, as a fan you should be equal to everyone and see what they did right or wrong, Im a fan of Slash, if he does something wrong then I will say he did that thing wrong, I wont blindly follow him or agree with his thing.

Thanks for the advice man, I really appreciate your words.

But, let me tell you:

- I don't hate Slash. Slash is my fav guitar player ever. Slash was responsible for me to play on a guitar. I still listen some of his after GN'R work. In the other day I watched his livestream and it was really nice ... I even posted on his thread.

- Thinking that someone hates Slash because Axl hates Slash is either a bad joke or just a childish thought (with no offense, man)

- My question with Slash is exactly what I already told in this thread (and many other threads) and I take wkuk words to explain it better on the quote I made from him. Slash had the chance to make amends with his past recognizing the shit he did and the bad decisions he took for being a junkie, back then. But, not ... once again ... he shows how much he cares about his image ... always the image... the same image that made him famous ... the same that made million people to believe in him ... he would take the "junkie" part off is IMAGE, has if it was possible.

- I would never ask someone to be banned ... that's childish ... I'm sure the mod team sees everything that happens around here ... and they will ban whoever they feel it's fair to ban. Having users asking for other users to be banned, daily, isn't admissible ... it shows unfair play ... it shows they can't deal with a forum where everyone has the right to express their opinion .. it shows they try to influence superior decisions constantly ... that's politics and, I know some people doesn't like the word, but it reveals an agenda, an intention.

I'm really sorry for this offtopic ... but it's sad to see almost every single (polemic) thread turning into a war between users who can't just keep discussing in a civil way, with accusations against each others ... demanding for bannings and so on ...

I'm really sad with this ... I'll just keep myself away for a while.

Have fun people, and don't kill each other.

Edited by GUNNER PT
  • Like 1

But, let me tell you:

- I don't hate Slash. Slash is my fav guitar player ever. Slash was responsible for me to play on a guitar. I still listen some of his after GN'R work. In the other day I watched his livestream and it was really nice ... I even posted on his thread.

- Thinking that someone hates Slash because Axl hates Slash is either a bad joke or just a childish thought (with no offense, man)

- My question with Slash is exactly what I already told in this thread (and many other threads) and I take wkuk words to explain it better on the quote I made from him. Slash had the chance to make amends with his past recognizing the shit he did and the bad decisions he took for being a junkie, back then. But, not ... once again ... he shows how much he cares about his image ... always the image... the same image that made him famous ... the same that made million people to believe in him ... he would take the "junkie" part off is IMAGE, has if it was possible.

- I would never ask someone to be banned ... that's childish ... I'm sure the mod team sees everything that happens around here ... and they will ban whoever they feel it's fair to ban. Having users asking for other users to be banned, daily, isn't admissible ... it shows unfair play ... it shows they can't deal with a forum where everyone has the right to express their opinion .. it shows they try to influence superior decisions constantly ... that's politics and, I know some people doesn't like the word, but it reveals an agenda, an intention.

I'm really sorry for this offtopic ... but it's sad to see almost every single (polemic) thread turning into a war between users who can't just keep discussing in a civil way, without accusations against each others ... demanding for bannings and so on ...

Its not about the image man, he is just saying that he is regretting, if you did a stupid thing, anything, and later on if you are ashamed of it then its nothing wrong, the main thing which should matter is that he is clean and sober now? At least he is talking mature things, like that Duff releases books and is more a "Business" man than Slash, but its his choice to do that, its not about the image.

I don't think so there is any politics going on, the admins and the mods are mature people and they see who is right and who is wrong and ban or give warning points according do that.

Its good you like Slash as an artist and I did see your post on that thread, I was pretty surprised lol, but If a person doesn't like an artist then its ok, but saying wrong things about that person without any reason is wrong.

Slash didn't make decisions for being a junkie. He made decisions because he wanted to move his career forward. Remember, he was a drug user but was always productive.

"always the image" :lol:

Hard to take some posters seriously. I won't demand anyone to be banned but yes, some posts are ban worthy. Not from this forum but the whole Internet.

Thats true about being productive, same thing with Duff, both of them were working hard and wanted to release music, I feel bad for Steven, things went bad for him, but he is doing much better now and his band is pretty good too

Slash made decisions regarding his future with Guns & his relationship with Axl while being a junkie. That's why I have a hard time believing what he says half the time, junkies/ex junkies sure have a way with words and constantly blag. Its the blame game with Slash and he painted the picture in the media for decades that it was all Axl's fault and Slash never took responsibility for his own actions, he wrapped Duff & Matt round his finger at the same time.

The difference is one is making music and touring, the other is releasing no shit and tours with the songs he composed more than 15 years ago, but well it makes no sense to explain to you, it will be like just talking to a wall.

Axl has more material than Slash, your argument is invalid. Playing bingo halls, small venues & 45 minute slots in festivals is not the same as playing large venues. Axl doesn't accept every tour request that some promoter throws at him.

Wut

But, let me tell you:

I'm really sorry for this offtopic ... but it's sad to see almost every single (polemic) thread turning into a war between users who can't just keep discussing in a civil way, with accusations against each others ... demanding for bannings and so on ...

I think I'm going to follow suit. I'll check in sometime. All the best Gunner PT and the rest of you guys.

But, let me tell you:

I think I'm going to follow suit. I'll check in sometime. All the best Gunner PT and the rest of you guys.

How is the movie going?

But, let me tell you:

How is the movie going?
Pretty darn good. I recommend it. Oh well, catch ya'll down the trail.

He could maybe help to distance himself from that 25-year old image by cutting his hair, losing the top hat and stop wearing leather?

Nah, it's the trademark/brand. Can't deviate from it. Although they tried it once (and it failed if I remember correctly), it'd be like Kiss playing with no makeup

Edited by Chris 55

Slash made decisions regarding his future with Guns & his relationship with Axl while being a junkie. That's why I have a hard time believing what he says half the time, junkies/ex junkies sure have a way with words and constantly blag. Its the blame game with Slash and he painted the picture in the media for decades that it was all Axl's fault and Slash never took responsibility for his own actions, he wrapped Duff & Matt round his finger at the same time.

The difference is one is making music and touring, the other is releasing no shit and tours with the songs he composed more than 15 years ago, but well it makes no sense to explain to you, it will be like just talking to a wall.
Axl has more material than Slash, your argument is invalid. Playing bingo halls, small venues & 45 minute slots in festivals is not the same as playing large venues. Axl doesn't accept every tour request that some promoter throws at him.
Ban-worthy post. Axl doesn't have more material than Slash. Slash plays big venues. Promoters don't throw tour requests at Axl.

And now wkuk will answer with some unfunny gif or meme.

Ban worthy? Because I don't agree with something. That's insane. You Slash fanatics should join a Slash fan forum instead of getting major butthurt over criticism's of your favourite rockstar.
Wow.

You literally just described yourself.

People don't care if you criticize Slash. They care that you lie about Axl. That you lie about slash. And that you lie about GnR history.

I'm still trying to wrap my ahead around you saying Axl has more material than Slash. You praise Axl for going into hiding for years at a time and not playing for his fans. And you bash Slash for wanting to perform for his fans. Mind blowing that you would post that.

You seriously can't believe anything you've said in this topic. Because it's 100% wrong. Facts are facts. Opinions are opinions. But what you posted are lies.

That's why people argue with you. They get tired of your t-rolling.

It's not trolling. Axl get's more hate on this board than anybody who was ever in/out Guns N' Roses, fans making demands of new music & tours, merch should simply apply to TB for a job if they can do a better job. If the appetite or Illusion era lineup reunited tomorrow some people believe it would solve world hunger, end all wars and stop climate change, just because I don't wear Slash style leather pants doesn't mean I hate the guy. (I prefer sweatpants)

The problem is Axl & Slash fans have been so alienated by each other's problems with one other that the fallout of there relationship has affected people opinions about these two guys, it's changed the landscape of Guns for better or worse, you either accept it or let the bitterness eat away at you.

How do you have an honest discussion with somebody who says that Axl has released more music than Slash......because he personally doesn't like the music that Slash has released. That's not a fact. It's not logical. And it's not an opinion. SMH.

Axl gets more hate because he is the one who kept the GnR name only to turn the band into a part time hobby.

Can you name one person who has said a reunion line up would solve world hunger and stop wars?

Any mediocre manager would do a better job than team Brazil. CD came out in 2008. Can you tell me when the follow up is? Who is in the band?

You are the one who seems angry and who get others riled up.

Can you explain your rationale behind your earlier statements?

*Axl has more material than Slash

*Slash plays ping pong tournaments

*its a good thing to not perform for your fans, and a bad thing when you take every opportunity to play for your fans. Really curious to hear your reasoning behind that odd statement.

And thank you Gunner and Wk.

Hate to see anybody leave. But if you do go, I suspect 75% of the fighting and negativity will leave the forum.

I'd say chill out a bit, enjoy the summer and live your lives. Realize that a rock singer is not worth lying And t-rolling over. Come back when Axl releases another album. I bet the album will be amazing, so you can come back and rave with us die-hard fans.

Edited by Apollo

But, let me tell you:

You guys don't have to leave completely you know, its just a matter of posting style and respect. I was guilty of shit too

lol having more songs does not in anyway mean you're a better musician fuckhead

Shits about to get real if you keep posting like that. No more of this please.

wait did i say something wrong..?

Axl has more material than Slash, your argument is invalid.

Since the end of the Illusion tour in 1993 Slash has released 98 songs (28 Snakepit; 26 Velvet Revolver; 44 solo/Conspirators) and that is not including his many collaborations which must be a batting statistic in numbers, various ad hoc stand alone songs such as those intended for soundtracks, and other rarities. In contrast Axl has released 15 songs, the 14-track Chinese Democracy album and Oh My God.

OK. Remove the Libertad tracks, it's a filler album. And remove the rest of the filler tracks from Snakepit era and his solo albums, and the mathematics might look better. I'd put most of CD above his solo tracks, Slither & FTP aside.

No reason to remove anything. You were talking about material, and those albums are material whether you like it or not, whether you think they're filler albums or not. Your opinion is not needed when you want to discuss facts.

Here is a little fact for you: Slash has released more music, more albums, more music videos, done more interviews, been more awarded than Axl. Sorry to burst your bubble, but as much as you'd like the situation to be the opposite, it isn't.