Legend

MrShankly

Just seen Legend in the cinema the other day, the film based on The Kray twins of London, where Tom Hardy plays both twins.

Thought it was decent film.

I dont know anything about The Krays other than what was in the film... Is it true to the real story of The Krays? How true is it?

And Tom Hardy btw, was brilliant. He made it so easy to forget that it was Tom Hardy you were watching and not actual twins. The only thing that sort of made me feel uneasy was how comical Ron Kray was, it got to the point where people in the cinema were laughing at him when he wasn't even being funny, they were just expecting him to be the comedy act everytime he was on screen.

Anyone seen it?

Ron was anything but a comical fellow, by all accounts he was a scary bastard, a friend of mine knows all them lot, Freddie Foreman, The Lambrianou Bros, Reg & Ron, Albert Donahue, the lot of em, even Frankie Fraser. I've not seen the film yet although i been dying to.

Legend has it Ron scared the fuck out of Sonny Liston once, i find that difficult to believe but its an urban legend out there.

Ron was proper mad though, paranoid schitzophrenic, they had him on these heavy tranquilisers otherwise he just started hearingg voices, thought everyone was out to get him, he would do people and go sit in a dark room listening to records of Churchills war time speeches.

Edited by Len B'stard

Jack the Hat? Oh he is dead. Wasn't one of them shagging Barbara Windsor?

Jack the Hat is dead, yeah. None of em was shagging Babs Windsor no, that was Ronnie Knight, her husband and an associate of The Krays.

The rumour about Ron and Sonny Liston is a famous one though, they say he gave Sonny a ride from a bar to his hotel, no one but Ron and Sonny know exactly what happened on the journey but Sonny was quoted as saying Ron was a crazy bastard and he didnt want nothing to do with him.

He was definitely a lunatic in the film, it even mentions his diagnosis a schizo, it was just the way it was done that made it all into a laugh. It was actually hilarious at times and a good laugh, but I knew they must have sacrificed some of the genuine fear and alarm that you would have when being around someone thats that fuckin mental.

• 2 months later...