iThread

Snake-Pit

Good God man, stop, I can't handle seeing this. Lol. I work every Friday at 230am and this morning I took a way only slightly that goes out of my way to take a road that runs between a best buy and a mall. No apple store in the mall, but there was still a few people in their cars parked right by the doors. Couldn't believe it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Good God man, stop, I can't handle seeing this. Lol. I work every Friday at 230am and this morning I took a way only slightly that goes out of my way to take a road that runs between a best buy and a mall. No apple store in the mall, but there was still a few people in their cars parked right by the doors. Couldn't believe it. 

original.jpg

• Like 1

Apple's store at Covent Garden in London told many customers that supply shortages mean they will not be able to buy any iPhones, only who preordered theirs can get it - and the other flagship on Regent Street is closed for refurbishment.

386D698700000578-3792024-image-m-73_1474

Batu Adamis, I don't know what should I say about him, he is a big idiot to me, he travelled all the way from Turkey to Washington to get the Iphone 7, straight from the airport he went outside the Apple store with his luggage and everything. Seriously wtf is wrong with these people.

386B82B600000578-3792024-image-a-56_1474

What should I say, Money talks.....

Olympic Gold medallist Jason Kenny cycled the iPhone 7 through the streets of Manchester to personally deliver it to the first UK customer this morning.

Manchester resident, Neave Maloney, 28, became the first person in the UK to receive the new iPhone 7 after Kenny, 28, personally delivered it to her.

Neave received the new phone after Carphone Warehouse set up a special 'Gold Standard' delivery service.

Neave said: 'You don't expect to see an Olympian on your doorstep dropping off your new phone! It was very exciting.'

Jason, 28, said: 'I've been training in and around the roads of Manchester for some years now so it definitely gave me the time advantage this morning! It certainly helped me to ensure I got the iPhone there first!' 

Jeremy Fennell, Managing Director of Carphone Warehouse, said: 'Demand for new iPhones is at record levels as people rush to be amongst the first recipients.

'We want to ensure our customers get their hands on the new phones the moment they launch, and what better way to do that than enlist the help of two of the fastest Brits around.'

The 'Gold Standard' delivery service was led by gold medal duo Jason Kenny and Laura Trott to guarantee pre-order customers the chance to be among the first in the UK to get the new iPhone.

The top choice handset with buyers around the world is the £699 Jet Black iPhone 7.

At Apple's London flagship store in Covent Garden, 54 per cent of people were waiting for the iPhone 7, 38 per cent for the iPhone 7 Plus - and 8 per cent were queuing for both handsets.

In London, some 83 per cent of people queing for the new phone were male, with an average age of 30.

Asked why they were queuing , 59 per cent said it was because they were 'die hard Apple fans'.

Each person in the queue owned an average four Apple gadgets.

The first group of young Idiots iPhone 7 buyers brandish their new gadgets inside the flagship Sydney store. 

In Sydney Bishoy Behman said he was even offered $2,500 to give up their spot but told News Corp there was no way they would sell.

'We arrived here at 10am Wednesday and have been here ever since, with each of us taking turns to leave,' Mr Barsoum said 

'I have already left twice to do an exam at school, but then quickly made my way back here.'

Mr Barsoum is an opening-day veteran, being among the first 10 people to score the iPhone 6S last year and 13th for the iPhone 6 the year before.

The group brought a tent, but overnight construction noise and pranks from other fans and passers-by has made getting any shuteye almost impossible.

'Sleep is a luxury we don't have,' he said.

3869EE6000000578-3792024-Apple_fans_lini

386A079600000578-3792024-The_first_group

3869F71C00000578-3792024-One_of_the_self

3869E5EF00000578-3792024-Mr_Barsoum_spea

38572E4B00000578-3792024-Two_other_chair