Anyone have a link to that website that collects comments from GNR members about their songs?

That would be interesting :)

Are there any comments at all from Axl on songs from CD?

CD- Axl said was inspired from a movie he was watching. He gives more detail at the HOB 2001 show.

Shacklers- about a school shooting either at columbine or Virginia tech.

Better- I don't think he said anything but kinda explains itself.

SOD- was about sunset Blvd I believe and the ups and downs of doing what you love

If the world- I think Axl said it was their Jamed Bond song but not much else

TWAT- Stephenie Seymour song....kinda personal

Catcher- John Lennon's death

Scraped- idk much about

Riad- Erin's family or brother in law

Sorry- I thought Axl said it was about one of their managers from the old days. He specifically said its not about Slash

IRS- being cheated on or lied to

Madagascar- I don't think it's been said but Axl said it was in line with a book he was reading but many think it's about Axl being abandoned by the old band and being separated or free'd depending on how you look at it. Since Madagascar is a piece of land that separated from the continent of Africa

This I Love- an old song probably written about Erin

Prostitute- I don't think he said anything here but it's kinda self explanatory

Just off the top of my head so add some real quotes if you wish.

I think Shacklers is about Chicago shooting in someway Brownstone was implicated. But Axl is saying there is no reason for it, its just a crazy person. Axl plays the role of the crazy shooter in the verses.

Axl said The Blues was about sunset blvd?

You're right, Axl said the the imagery he had when the name street of dreams came up was the walk of fame on Hollywood Blvd.

Street Of Dreams is about young Axl and his dreams at the time. It's inside of him.

Stardust was also considered.

Edited by Silent Jay

CD- Axl said was inspired from a movie he was watching. He gives more detail at the HOB 2001 show.

SOD- was about sunset Blvd I believe and the ups and downs of doing what you love

Scraped- idk much about

Sorry- I thought Axl said it was about one of their managers from the old days. He specifically said its not about Slash

Madagascar- I don't think it's been said but Axl said it was in line with a book he was reading but many think it's about Axl being abandoned by the old band and being separated or free'd depending on how you look at it. Since Madagascar is a piece of land that separated from the continent of Africa

I think Shacklers is about Chicago shooting in someway Brownstone was implicated. But Axl is saying there is no reason for it, its just a crazy person. Axl plays the role of the crazy shooter in the verses.

Really an interesting song with the demon voices in it saying "I have an itchy finger, and they'll be hell to pay" and "I've got an empty feeling I won't be home today" then the awesome chorus where he's saying he doesn't believe there's a reason...I didn't like the song until I read Axl's inspiration for it. Like I said I'd love to hear him go more in depth on each song like they use to on that show storytellers on VH1...a Chinese Democracy episode would have been great.

Scraped- idk much about

Brownstone was implicated in the actions of the Virginia Tech shooter. He wrote poems about the song and said it inspired him.