Duff plays show with AWOLNATION wearing a VR shirt

KeyserSoze

Last night at KROQ Acoustic Christmas festival, Duff stepped in with AWOLNATION to play Sail and Hollow Moon (Bad Wolf). Duff was also wearing a VR shirt, probably to honor Scott, as well as Arron (Bruno, The lead singer of AWOL, and the man the basically makes all the music for the band) sang "Dead and Bloated" during the ending of Sail. If you have never heard of AWOL before you defiantly need to go check out some of their music, or even a live show.

CWFIXAsUkAAJMDa.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/_OPJU0uCSU/

CWHK6nwWoAALXEr.jpg

Awesome! I've been a huge fan of AWOLNATION for almost five years; finally got to seem them live back in June (probably the best concert I've seen since Guns in 2010). Bruno's vocals are fantastic both recorded and live. For those who love raspy-Axl like vocals, you should check them out. Really cool seeing Duff playing with them. If GNR reunited, AWOLNATION would make for a great opening band. Would love to see Axl and Bruno perform together.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

on August 13th at a festival in Redman Washington, a day after GNRs show in Seattle, Duff and his daughter Grace jumped up on stage with Awolnation!!! Duff played Hollow Moon with the band early in the set, while Grace, being announced as Grave, and her Dad played Sail with the band to end the night. Earlier in the day though the band played and possibly even rescued some puppies!! 

@downzy did you see this yet? i for see them opening a couple GNR gigs possibly maybe! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by KeyserSoze

@KeyserSoze - I thought i saw something about this on Facebook.  Looks like a hell of a show.  Always thought AWOLNation would be the perfect opener for Guns.  Since AWOL now have a reputation for canceling their own gigs to open for other bands, maybe it will happen the next leg.