Street of Dreams (The Blues)

Yeah for the song I prefer the vocals on the album but I prefer the music on that performance

It's a great song. But his vocals on the album sound very similar to that performance. So it's safe to say that the vocals were at least 8 years old when the album came out? Heh, but of course almost every song was probably atleast 8 years old by that time. I remember listening to the leaks back in 2006. I couldn't understand why Axl wouldn't release the album then, it sounded great!

What exactly was Axl saying "ok, nevermind" too?

I love the 2002 version of the song best.

I hope Slash plays it. I'm really interested in hearing that.

Me too. There is this musical noise in the background in this version that I love. I'm not sure what instrument exactly is making the noise. You can hear it in this video @ 1:51 to about 2:01. The sound pops up throughout the song and I really like the affect it adds

That's Pitman on the keys, back when he was audible.

I think he was signalling to someone backstage to lower the instruments or maybe even himself in his In Ear Monitor. I guess they didn't do it... so nevermind. :lol:

• Like 1

This was the first song I've heard in 2001 or 2002, after a long, long time I had no clue what is with the band.

I remember being hypnotized and euphoric simultaneously...so, as great memory I love it, but as a song no too much.

the 2001/2002 incarnation was one of the best songs axl ever wrote.

the retooled version we heard on the album and in subsequent live shows is underwhelming in comparison. by slowing the tempo and removing the electric guitar riff in the chorus it really neutered the spirit of the song. and the production on the studio track is a bit cringey.

the 2001/2002 incarnation was one of the best songs axl ever wrote.

the retooled version we heard on the album and in subsequent live shows is underwhelming in comparison. by slowing the tempo and removing the electric guitar riff in the chorus it really neutered the spirit of the song. and the production on the studio track is a bit cringey.

Gotta agree - feels like he/they overthought it and produced some of the magic out of it.

What exactly was Axl saying "ok, nevermind" too?

I love the 2002 version of the song best.

I hope Slash plays it. I'm really interested in hearing that.

Me too. There is this musical noise in the background in this version that I love. I'm not sure what instrument exactly is making the noise. You can hear it in this video @ 1:51 to about 2:01. The sound pops up throughout the song and I really like the affect it adds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOthE3xXeoQ

The whole band is absolutely ON FIRE in this performance. Amazing.

Worst Guns N' Roses ballad.ever.

*cough* So Fine *cough*

"YEAH THAT MADE ME HAPPEEEEEAAAAAAH"

So fine is not their greatest, but I do like the solo, and I always enjoyed Duff on vocals in GnR.

Street of Dreams is just awful