Anybody else still shocked about the Reunion?

I'm not really...

I always expected it. But at the same time I knew a lot of time had to pass for it to happen.

I remember the Eddit Trunk interview from a couple of years ago.. Axl basically said... if there was a reunion, it would be these guys... when he said that, I was thinking... "did he just say a reunion would probably go down?"...I had a feeling ever since then.

As soon as the Swedish interview got out with Slash saying - it's cool... I knew it was happening.

Shocked? not so much... stoked... yes!

Too many people painted Axl as a monster and read everything he did as further compounding whatever negative ideas they had. I did this too. It snowballed no matter what Slash or Duff said, not to mention everyone else who knew or worked with him. I guess the easy journalism also kept reinforcing things.

Maybe Axl doesn't help himself or actually does make mistakes. But when it's judged against the perceived perfection of the original line up then it becomes almost like a character assassinatioon.

But still those people actually did believe Axl was a monster and to blame for the break up. Maybe that was what Axl was loathe to accept in getting back or it was just that time had gone and only 2 or them want to. So it becomes a vicious circle.

Duff did a lot to break the cycle by being honest about his life and playing with Axl and working with TB.

So I think it's a great thing for everyone.

Too many people painted Axl as a monster and read everything he did as further compounding whatever negative ideas they had. I did this too. It snowballed no matter what Slash or Duff said, not to mention everyone else who knew or worked with him. I guess the easy journalism also kept reinforcing things.

Maybe Axl doesn't help himself or actually does make mistakes. But when it's judged against the perceived perfection of the original line up then it becomes almost like a character assassinatioon.

But still those people actually did believe Axl was a monster and to blame for the break up. Maybe that was what Axl was loathe to accept in getting back or it was just that time had gone and only 2 or them want to. So it becomes a vicious circle.

Duff did a lot to break the cycle by being honest about his life and playing with Axl and working with TB.

So I think it's a great thing for everyone.

I figured at some point Axl and Slash were going to talk about reissuing and remastering the back catalog.

the records sound great..no remasters are needed. A new album every 4 years is needed for at least 12 years.

It has more to do with downloads off of iTunes and Amazon and people who want 24 bit downloads, not the CDs or vinyl.