Better Call Saul - Season 2 Discussion [SPOILERS]

Powerage5

On 15 March 2016 at 4:57 AM, MrPoe said:

A nice character building episode, then they throw in an ending that that sets off all kinds of warning bells. The Salamancas know exactly who Mike is, and that also means Nacho isn't long for this world.

Nacho gets mentioned by Saul in a scene with Walter and Jessie in BrBa so I'm guessing he doesn't get killed any time soon. 

On March 19, 2016 at 4:28 PM, Powerage5 said:

Mike looked extremely pissed after Hector walked out at the end of this episode. I've seen some speculation that maybe Mike beats the shit out of Hector, causing his stroke. It's possible...

I like that. 

How does Chuck die?

I think we can all agree he dies. Despite his excessive disruption to Jimmy's career, Jimmy forgives him and sees him frequently. We can assume Jimmy will always forgive his brother, therefore I believe Chuck dies before Walter enters the scene. 

My guess is that Jimmy destroys HHM through his actions, and Chuck dies like his father, within months of his company's financial demise. 

25 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

How does Chuck die?

I think we can all agree he dies. Despite his excessive disruption to Jimmy's career, Jimmy forgives him and sees him frequently. We can assume Jimmy will always forgive his brother, therefore I believe Chuck dies before Walter enters the scene. 

My guess is that Jimmy destroys HHM through his actions, and Chuck dies like his father, within months of his company's financial demise. 

If Chick dies, I think that's a good theory. But I don't think his death is a given yet. Remember a couple episodes ago? Jimmy told Chuck "You just say the words and 'poof' no more Jimmy McGill". It's possible he just cuts all McGill ties. 

On 3/19/2016 at 5:16 PM, Powerage5 said:

We're assuming Nacho is Ignacio. But yeah, probably a pretty safe assumption. 

On 3/19/2016 at 5:33 PM, Dazey said:

I thought that had been confirmed. 

At the very least, Nacho's real name is Ignacio. When Mike comes to the chop shop to talk to Nacho about the baseball cards, Nacho's father calls him Ignacio when he asks him to come translate. So we may not know for sure that the Ignacio Saul talked about was necessarily this Ignacio, but it would be consistent for the way BCS has done their subtle call-backs for it to be the same guy.

15 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

If Chick dies, I think that's a good theory. But I don't think his death is a given yet. Remember a couple episodes ago? Jimmy told Chuck "You just say the words and 'poof' no more Jimmy McGill". It's possible he just cuts all McGill ties. 

That was my read, too. I think at some point, Chuck will "say the word," and "no more Jimmy McGill, Esq." will be the beginning of his career as Saul Goodman.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

Still believe we'll see Gus in the final minutes of the finale. Then we'll see how Mike becomes his main man in season 3. Mark my words.

Possibly. Seems to me that Mike telling the DA that the gun was his will put him on good terms with the cartel, which will lead to better work for Mike, and eventually get him involved with Gus. 

20 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Still believe we'll see Gus in the final minutes of the finale. Then we'll see how Mike becomes his main man in season 3. Mark my words.

19 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Possibly. Seems to me that Mike telling the DA that the gun was his will put him on good terms with the cartel, which will lead to better work for Mike, and eventually get him involved with Gus. 

I'm not sure. I think we're getting Gus in the last scene of this season too, but that's largely me hoping more than having a reason. I like that we're finally really getting Jimmy picking up steam on the way to full Saulness. With just a few episodes to go this season, I'm excited to see where they're taking us.

• Like 1

By the way, is Vince Gilligan still leaving at the end of this season? I remember people saying last year that he would bow out at the end of the second season, and was just wondering if there's been updates on that.

Also, random, but wasn't Bryan Cranston supposed to direct an episode this year?

1 hour ago, Bobbo said:

By the way, is Vince Gilligan still leaving at the end of this season? I remember people saying last year that he would bow out at the end of the second season, and was just wondering if there's been updates on that.

Also, random, but wasn't Bryan Cranston supposed to direct an episode this year?

The press release on the renewal for a third season confirmed Gilligan would stay on for at least another season. TBH, with how successful the show has been I don't see him ever leaving.

6 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

The press release on the renewal for a third season confirmed Gilligan would stay on for at least another season. TBH, with how successful the show has been I don't see him ever leaving.

Don't jinx BCS. 

I don't know what season three has in store the way this show has been moving. 

22 hours ago, Bobbo said:

20 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

This. He was originally supposed to leave after Season 1. Then he stayed for Season 2. Now he's staying at least through Season 3. Vince will not leave this show until it ends or fails.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Holy shit, that episode was intense.

Hide contents

RIP Chuck.

Spoiler

I just started to feel sorry for Chuck but that moment still was somewhat... hilarious?! Don't really know whether he's dead though, are you sure?

Edited by chorrada

20 minutes ago, chorrada said:

Hide contents

I just started to feel sorry for Chuck but that moment still was somewhat... hilarious?! Don't really know whether he's dead though, are you sure?

No, of course I'm not sure :lol: But I think it's bound to happen at one point or another, no?