Izzy Out.....

24 minutes ago, Asia said:

In fact nobody knows how much Izzy contributed to Appetite unless you were there with a pen and a notebook and were scribbling down who came up with what exactly on every song. They were writing them together and that's why there are no seperate songwriting credits for each song. The same with Lies.

As for UYI I wasn't counting but I doubt Izzy contributed to 65% of the songs not to mention wrote them on his own. And to say all Axl contributed are lyrics is just silly, to say the least. NR and Estranged are the most obvious ones but there are many more he came up with the melodies for - look at the UYI cover.

Oh well that's it than.

18 minutes ago, schnoogans37 said:

Just going off the credits on Use Your Illusion - Izzy has a songwriting credit on 11 songs and Axl has a songwriting credit on 22 songs.  To say that Izzy was the "main" songwriter is a stretch, but he most definitely was a very important one.

Ugh...ridiculous fact to support this already stupid argument.  Axl was the main composer of the lyrics on almost every GnR song so of course he will get more songwriting credits than anyone else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I can't believe Izzy won't join the reunion. What's wrong with him? I mean this is a once in a lifetime treat for GNR fans.

I doubt anything Izzy is doing is more important than joining Axl, Slash and Duff onstage. he's done it before with Axl's GNR.

What a disappointment for us GNR fans.

it seems that he's not happy about the line-up and/or money.

we hope they'll reach an agreement.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I can't believe Izzy won't join the reunion. What's wrong with him? I mean this is a once in a lifetime treat for GNR fans.

I doubt anything Izzy is doing is more important than joining Axl, Slash and Duff onstage. he's done it before with Axl's GNR.

what's wrong with him? Fortus needs to be fired first. 

• Like 2

Speculation wise, I'd say either the "big 3", which is a pretty goofy title that disregards two other motherfuckers, won't pay Izzy a fair price or this is just part of some pseudo promotion to make this thing seem more Gn'R, with him ending up there after all. First show's on Izzy's birthday, and Steven lives in Vegas, so it'd be a shiity "fuck you" for sure.

1 minute ago, Ghostie said:

Speculation wise, I'd say either the "big 3", which is a pretty goofy title that disregards two other motherfuckers, won't pay Izzy a fair price or this is just part of some pseudo promotion to make this thing seem more Gn'R, with him ending up there after all. First show's on Izzy's birthday, and Steven lives in Vegas, so it'd be a shiity "fuck you" for sure.

They need to be there!!

24 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

Axl changed a line and got a songwriting credit on a song that had lyrics almost completely written by Izzy (Mr. Brownstone). 

If that is even true, who cares? Each member contributed to that song. Are you giving Izzy the credit for Steven's drums too? Cause those are timeless on that song. Axl's vocals take it to the next level in my opinion. Sometimes that's all a singer can do. Hence the term "lead vocalist". 

Guess what is a better and more famous song than Mr. Brownstone? November Rain!! Axl wrote most of that one. Can you tell me the vital part Izzy contributed to this mega hit that most music fans know?

Of course Izzy is vital to the original band. Of course he will be missed if he's not there. But come on.. some people are acting like Izzy was all of GNR. haha. 

9 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Maybe there's nothing wrong with him...maybe it's all his fault.  Maybe it's not.  Maybe we should hold judgement on whose fault it actually is or isn't until we know more facts.   

1 minute ago, Sprite said:

If that is even true, who cares? Each member contributed to that song. Are you giving Izzy the credit for Steven's drums too? Cause those are timeless on that song. Axl's vocals take it to the next level in my opinion. Sometimes that's all a singer can do. Hence the term "lead vocalist". 

Guess what is a better and more famous song than Mr. Brownstone? November Rain!! Axl wrote most of that one. Can you tell me the vital part Izzy contributed to this mega hit that most music fans know?

Of course Izzy is vital to the original band. Of course he will be missed if he's not there. But come on.. some people are acting like Izzy was all of GNR. haha. 

Can you tell me the vital part Izzy contributed to this mega hit that most music fans know? Soulful rhythm guitar work. 

If that is even true, who cares? I care.

Are you giving Izzy the credit for Steven's drums too? Without the basic Bo Diddley song structure/lyrics etc., Steven may not have come up with that drum intro. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sonofnazareth said:

Can you tell me the vital part Izzy contributed to this mega hit that most music fans know? Soulful rhythm guitar work. 

If that is even true, who cares? I care.

Are you giving Izzy the credit for Steven's drums too? Without the basic Bo Diddley song structure/lyrics etc., Steven may not have come up with that drum intro. 

Haha I can't help but admire that logic. You are definitely dedicated to the cause sir.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Only speculation from a Gn'R fan for almost 30 years. I am guessing this isn't the fault of Izzy. I feel like he got some half assed offer or is being pushed around by too many lawyers and stipulations.. Hopefully they get things worked out.. It just seems like he isn't getting a fair shake. If they want to go out and make one last final stamp on their rock n' roll legacy, it will be much more prevalent with Izzy on board.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, the_estranged1 said:

izzy said hes not involved in APRILS shows. maybe he wants to see how those shows go before he wants to participate in w/e happens after that

What is there to see in this? He joined Axl's circus for a few songs, so Axl, Slash and Duff on the same stage is like a WOW thing.

Only Izzy can tell the real reason, but all I can speculate is that money could have been a problem, maybe Axl and Slash agreed that Izzy is not reliable at all. Maybe they din't even contact him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Ugh...ridiculous fact to support this already stupid argument.  Axl was the main composer of the lyrics on almost every GnR song so of course he will get more songwriting credits than anyone else.

I don't know how ridiculous that is but  writing the lyrics is just the beginning there is vocal melody and phrasing among many other aspects .

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I just can't picture Slash and Duff not realizing how vital Izzy is to this thing....

Agreed. And surely they're all doing well enough financially to not let squabbling over bean counting get in the way?

I mean, I know there's lawyers & managers & all that involved, but prior to all this, they (Axl, Slash, Duff) have all been active enough on a large enough scale to earn good money (Slash in particular is never off the road, divorce or no divorce, the ticket revenue he generates must give him a good living - and that's before any residuals on previous records, etc).

So, money fighting seems unlikely. Possible, but unlikely. I can't imagine any of them wanting a bigger piece of the $$$ pie at the expense of Izzy not being there.

12 minutes ago, Sprite said:

November Rain better than Mr. Brownstone?  That's a matter of opinion but...no.

More famous? How do you figure that  when Appetite outsold UYI 1 by many millions?

Izz

Izzy just posted a video of him playing Stealers Wheel "Stuck in the Middle With You" on his twitter. what does this mean?? there MUST be something going on and it's not just a coincidence he's posting this stuff. he made a twitter account, he is posting these pointedly mad at SOMEONE videos so what is going on??

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Izz

Izzy just posted a video of him playing Stealers Wheel "Stuck in the Middle With You" on his twitter. what does this mean?? there MUST be something going on and it's not just a coincidence he's posting this stuff. he made a twitter account, he is posting these pointedly mad at SOMEONE videos so what is going on??

Stuck in the middle of all the bullshit? Wants to be a part of it for the fans but Axl and Co are making it too difficult? He also sent out a tweet thanking people for their support.  It really doesn't look like he is just "choosing to not be apart of it" as some have concluded.

• Like 1

Just now, sonofnazareth said:

does Slash like playing with Izzy? 

He's repeatedly said so over the years. And the evidence would back that up (playing on Izzy's album, Izzy playing on Slash's, Izzy would've been part of VR if they weren't looking for different things out of it, etc) The only time he's ever really bashed Izzy was in the aftermath of Izzy quitting Guns & Slash feeling let down. They've long since made peace, and certainly seem to enjoy playing together.

• Like 1