Izzy Out.....

6 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

Interesting story for you guys:

I was in school today, (yep, I'm only 17), and my female English teacher said to me mid-class if I had heard about the reunion, (she knows I'm a big GNR fan), and then she asked were Axl and Slash gonna do the whole tour, because she said they're all that matter really. Not saying I agree with her, but she's definitely a fan, as she had told me before that RQ was her favourite song off AFD. Interesting perspective.

Anybody who says that Axl and Slash are all that matter is not a true fan. The band going downhill after the departures of Steven and Izzy is all the proof you need. GN'R = Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven. No more, no less

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LikeADog93 said:

Anybody who says that Axl and Slash are all that matter is not a true fan. The band going downhill after the departures of Steven and Izzy is all the proof you need. GN'R = Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven. No more, no less

Oh come on. WE know that, and she probably does too. But she's absolutely right in saying "all that matters is Axl and Slash." Thats just the truth. That IS what the major public cares about. Come on, we're being honest, thats why A LOT of us are going to these announced shows anyway. We want to see Axl and Slash back together again. We're the most hardcore fans and even WE'RE dropping serious coin just for those two essentially (no disrespect to Duff). She's absolutely right and I'm sure she's saying it in a general context. All that matters for GNR to make some news in today's society is whether Axl and Slash are in the same band. Axl has had communication with every other former member since the breakup. No one outside of here gave a damn. They only want the redhead and the tophat.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:
10 minutes ago, LikeADog93 said:

It's a UYI reunion with better musicians (I'm talking about Gilby & Sorum).

3 minutes ago, mikebones said:

It's a UYI reunion with better musicians (I'm talking about Gilby & Sorum).

That's your opinion.... Not a big Matt fan but would take him any day over Frank.. Fortus may be a technically better guitarist than Gilby but Gilby's style and stage presence fit Gn'R.

• Like 3

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

That's your opinion.... Not a big Matt fan but would take him any day over Frank.. Fortus may be a technically better guitarist than Gilby but Gilby's style and stage presence fit Gn'R.

Of course is my opinion. I may think the same about Sorum, but definitely not about Gilby, to me he never had what it takes to be part of GNR.

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Sorum played on the records. Doesn't matter if he's not as good as Frank (which he is, but thats besides the point). The people that played on the records are the ones that deserve to be there. Otherwise you will always have upset people. Gilby, as much as I love the guy, is a nonissue. He wasn't on the albums and he serves the same purpose as Fortus, although selfishly Fortus was always the only guy I liked. Just saying there's not much argument for Gilby over Fortus. If they need to replace Izzy Fortus makes obvious sense. Frank does as well, but since both drummers are alive and one of them plays with Slash and Duff all the time, there will never be anything Frank can do to convince those people, rightly or wrongly, that he shouldn't be there over the guys on the record.

32 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

I was in school today, (yep, I'm only 17), and my female English teacher said to me mid-class if I had heard about the reunion, (she knows I'm a big GNR fan), and then she asked were Axl and Slash gonna do the whole tour, because she said they're all that matter really. Not saying I agree with her, but she's definitely a fan, as she had told me before that RQ was her favourite song off AFD. Interesting perspective.

My friend, you have one cool teacher. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

Steven is also very reliable in terms of Adler gigs and for the most part, could be relied upon for live performances between 1985-1990 in GNR.

Axl has shown the most signs of unreliability in terms of live performances. 

LOL. http://ultimateclassicrock.com/steven-adler-tour-postponed-rehab/

Adler has cancelled almost as many gigs as they've played and certainly more shows than Axl in the last 15 years. Steven Adler is the GNR definition of unreliable. 

As for Izzy, I haven't been able to post for the last couple of days so I'll add my 2 cents. Glad he finally posted a video (and with a good song as well). I was in the believers camp from the moment @downliner told us about the phone call. About the song, I hope it's not a dig at someone but I realize that it could be. I'm glad Izzy is doing the right thing and correcting/confirming lies about his involvement. However, I too have had the Bill Ward/unsignable contract thoughts and if the reasons for his non-involvement is something similar it would really take a huge dump on the whole thing. I hope it's nothing like that. If he's just not into it, I can dig that, But fuck any monetary or egotistical reasons. 

Since Izzy started his account I've taken a deeper look at his solo career. I basically knew most of the Ju Ju Hounds songs and Baby Rann but not much else. Finally bought Ju Ju Hounds on CD. I wish he would release physical copies of his later music as well. Been a downloading motherfucker as I just won't pay for MP3s and there's only 2 albums on spotify. I'd buy Like a Dog instantly if it was released on Cd to have it in my car. To buy the files and burn them on a CD is just not the same. Very happy that he tweeted that he was writing music again as he hasn't released anything since that single in 2012. Still there's a long list of records to go through. :D 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CheapJon said:

Adler has cancelled almost as many gigs as they've played and certainly more shows than Axl in the last 15 years. Steven Adler is the GNR definition of unreliable. 

As for Izzy, I haven't been able to post for the last couple of days so I'll add my 2 cents. Glad he finally posted a video (and with a good song as well). I was in the believers camp from the moment @downliner told us about the phone call. About the song, I hope it's not a dig at someone but I realize that it could be. I'm glad Izzy is doing the right thing and correcting/confirming lies about his involvement. However, I too have had the Bill Ward/unsignable contract thoughts and if the reasons for his non-involvement is something similar it would really take a huge dump on the whole thing. I hope it's nothing like that. If he's just not into it, I can dig that, But fuck any monetary or egotistical reasons. 

Since Izzy started his account I've taken a deeper look at his solo career. I basically knew most of the Ju Ju Hounds songs and Baby Rann but not much else. Finally bought Ju Ju Hounds on CD. I wish he would release physical copies of his later music as well. Been a downloading motherfucker as I just won't pay for MP3s and there's only 2 albums on spotify. I'd buy Like a Dog instantly if it was released on Cd to have it in my car. To buy the files and burn them on a CD is just not the same. Very happy that he tweeted that he was writing music again as he hasn't released anything since that single in 2012. Still there's a long list of records to go through. :D 

You can listen to most of Like a Dog on youtube...

1 hour ago, Philipm787 said:

Is she hot?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LikeADog93 said:

As much as I like Adler, that's not true for me. I still consider the UYI lineup as true Guns n' Roses, too. I agree that the Appetite lineup was the best lineup of the band though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebones said:

Of course is my opinion. I may think the same about Sorum, but definitely not about Gilby, to me he never had what it takes to be part of GNR.

We are all entitled to our opinion ;)  \m/  

I could go on about why I like Gilby but this is an IZZY F'n Stradlin thread! 

36 minutes ago, slash97 said:

As much as I like Adler, that's not true for me. I still consider the UYI lineup as true Guns n' Roses, too. I agree that the Appetite lineup was the best lineup of the band though.

Exactly. Of course the 1986-1988 GNR was the best but there's no going back to 1986. The UYI albums and tour proved beyond any question that the three are still capable of making absolute magic. That line up was still amazing. And the UYI line-up is the three of them. As for Matt or Gilby nothing would have changed if there were other decent musicians instead of them. 

So yeah, I'm a fake fan and I'm extatic to have the three of them back together. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CheapJon said:

ok.

12 minutes ago, Asia said:

Exactly. Of course the 1986-1988 GNR was the best but there's no going back to 1986. The UYI albums and tour proved beyond any question that the three are still capable of making absolute magic. That line up was still amazing. And the UYI line-up is the three of them. As for Matt or Gilby nothing would have changed if there were other decent musicians instead of them. 

So yeah, I'm a fake fan and I'm extatic to have the three of them back together. 

Ummm.. Izzy was on the Illusions albums and toured it for awhile..

As for the tour, it was riding off the coat tails of what they band did prior to that. It was massive but also starting winding down.. The beginning they were selling out two shows every city.. By the end, they weren't doing that any more.

It is still great to have Axl, Slash and Duff back together.. It would be a hell of a lot better with Izzy though.. This will be nothing like the Illusions tour.. Axl sounds like a winded cat on helium these days.. Having more original members could help offset that some.

Edited by Tom-Ass

10 minutes ago, Asia said:

Izzy wrote, played and sang on those albums and did first leg of the tour. So it wasn't all about "the three."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CheapJon said:

Great reply. I can see why you just had to comeback with something after talking out of your ass like that. :facepalm:

you made some valid points, but I don't want to communicate with an insecure person who starts of a response with 'LOL' or mentions that a person is talking out of their ass like that.

Edited by sonofnazareth

9 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

you made some valid points, but I don't want to communicate with an insecure person who starts of a response with 'LOL' or mentions that a person is talking out of their ass like that.

Yet, you are communicating with this insecure person when you have all the power in your mind to ignore him? You made stuff up, I thought it was funny. I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings. 

8 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Nothing against Duff but it's really kind of amazing the way his status has been elevated to one of the Big Three. The idea that he is essential and Izzy is not...it just doesn't make a lot of sense..

It really doesnt. That band had two crucial songwriters and neither were Duff or Slash.

• Like 1