Izzy Out.....

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Good observation! Maybe one asked how to be reclusive and the other asked how to take jabs at ex-bandmates in the media XD

True LOL

and at the moment there are chances of seeing Steven more than Izzy, normally it would have been the other way around. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Asia said:

To me the fact that Axl, Slash and Duff are going to be there together is absolutely amazing, unbelieveable and great. A year ago there was still great possibility that this would never happen. So this is beyond doubt the best year to be GNR fan since 1993! I will never say this is a letdown. That would be crazy!

If Izzy could be there too, that would be great. But I always thought it would be a problem with the way Izzy's been lately so Im not that shocked. With or without him what is about to happen is exciting as hell and makes me happy and excited as hell!!! 

Definitely no moaning on my part, no way.

so if there is no Izzy does that mean no 14 Years? no Dust n Bones?? just watched Dust n Bones on youtube, my fave version the one at the Noblesville Concert in '91. Axl was EPIC! he was in a boot for an injured ankle ( and I have been there myself it's painful! ) and he was dancing and twirling around with a mic stand like a whirling dervish sooooo hot. and I have never seen anyone look as sexy playing a fricking tambourine! oops got carried away back to the point. when I heard of the reunion concerts all I cared about was seeing Axl and Slash; he's had Duff on stage playing since the break up and Izzy too, and not to be mean but as much as i'd like to see Popcorn play that's not a deal breaker. I wanted to see Axl and Slash and Duff. but now thinking there will be no Izzy at Vegas is really making me sad. but I will not give up hope! c'mon Izzy play in Vegas please??

3 minutes ago, Ulnar said:

We don't know that he did. Remember. We DON'T KNOW ANYTHING. Because there have been zero announcements. All we think we 'know' has been built on rumours and people reporting back from their contacts. Remember, nothing has been announced by the band. Nothing other than Axl, Duff & Slash's involvement. Nothing at all. Everything else is guesswork & stories. The only announcement we've had from anyone about anything is this from Izzy.

I'm hopeful that things might change. I'd LOVE him to be involved, don't get me wrong.

I know what you are saying, but even if he is in, he would be there just as a guest, if he was there full time, his name would have been with the other 3 cause even Izzy is a founding member and has contributed a lot to the band. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ulnar said:

Sure, everyone's sober now, but are things any less crazy? Ok, that's a rhetorical question - but all that we've heard (or - pointedly - have NOT heard) about GNR as an organisation over the 'Axl goes solo' years points to the fact that there's probably still a lot of red tape or organisational bullshit of some sort to jump through just to be involved for even a couple of songs.

It might well be money, it might be contracts, it might be anything. It might even be - as has been speculated - that he would be up for it if it's the AFD 5 and that's it but Axl wants to hang onto newer members out of loyalty. Both of which I can see as valid positions. Whatever his reasons are, this whole thing smacks of a 'You know what? This could've been fun, but I'm not going to deal with all that shit again" sort of situation. At which point, he's walked away. Sounds pretty much like '91 to me.

Personally, I'm betting on him being at least asked to join in, but they couldn't come to an agreement. Whatever reason stopped them agreeing on things, I still think branding him selfish is a bit much.

This is a big deal - not just to us - but to them too. If it's not comfortable to any of them, they're not going to do it. It might be as simple as that.

I disagree. No it's not 91 AT ALL. He's sober, they're sober. We all know he probably wouldn't be reliable to return full time because he's always chosen to not be he most reliable person. Axl even said himself on trunks show 10 years ago that it's even as simple as planning to go to a place one day and Izzy bailing because doing doughnuts in the desert with his new car is more important.

And I get the comfort thing you're saying but now, in 2016, it's completely irrelevant considering we all know the heat axl had for slash for so many years, and the fact that he was willing to bury that to go on the road perform together and kick some ass at least one more time before its all said and done. If axl and slash can get over it and do this, then Izzy really should have been locked up part time AT THE VERY LEAST considering any heat they ever had  was never close to the same as what was once between axl and slash. So in conclusion, Izzy should have at the very least signed up to be part time. We all know him coming back full time would never happen and I'm fine with that, I think all the fans are. Hopefully that still happens. But to not appear at all? Give me a break

Edited by Billsfan

9 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

Maybe this could bring a good thing. A lot of people are clamouring for the guy. Now more than ever. Maybe that'll make the camp put in an extra effort in getting Izzy on board. At least for these shows. It ain't over till it's over.

I'd hope so!

26 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Seriously man Izzy has become Steven and Steven has become Izzy now. 

Your most absurd comment since The Avocado Incident... :smiley-confused2:

Edited by pacu44

It sucks if he doesn't play. I know he was never promised or advertised and all we had to go on was the word of our GNR-insiders (TM) but most of us have never seen the real deal live. Even many of us old timers only saw the UYI post Izzy/Steven shows. I'm sure the shows will be awesome but if it comes out that they wouldn't pay Izzy what he wanted,I think there will be a big backlash. If you read the comments on the GNR Facebook page or Ultimate Guitar,many of them are clamoring for Izzy/Steven so it isn't just Forum nerds that want them there.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

oh ok prophet!

thanks for clearing that up! can you give us the jackpot numbers too?

What are you talking about?

I cited facts you are speculating.  Yet you're calling me a prophet, lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

I disagree. No it's not 91 AT ALL. He's sober, they're sober. We all know he probably wouldn't be reliable to return full time because he's always chosen to not be he most reliable person. Axl even said himself on trunks show 10 years ago that it's even as simple as planning to go to a place one day and Izzy bailing because doing doughnuts in the desert with his new car is more important.

And I get the comfort thing you're saying but now, in 2016, it's completely irrelevant considering we all know the heat axl had for slash for so many years, and the fact that he was willing to bury that to go on the road perform together and kick some ass at least one more time before its all said and done. If axl and slash can get over it and do this, then Izzy really should have been locked up part time AT THE VERY LEAST considering any heat they ever had  was never close to the same as what was once between axl and slash. So in conclusion, Izzy should have at the very least signed up to be part time. Hopefully that still happens

OK, I think we can all agree sobriety isn't part of the equation any more, but my point really boils down to 'we don't know'. We don't know these guys as people, only the stories they've told about each other & their own interviews / press over the years.

It's through these avenues that we've built up a picture of Axl as a crazy megalomaniac, or Izzy as unreliable etc.

What the history of the band up to the point Izzy left shows us was that he was there all the time, every gig - even came back to cover for Gilby for a couple of shows.

That to me says he's if he'd been in for the reunion for the long haul (or even these currently announced 6 shows), he'd have been reliable. In other words - if he was going to commit to this, the 'we don't know if he'll turn up to the next gig' argument is moot.
I know Axl's been quoted about Izzy being a bit flaky a few years back, but that was when he was a guest who was just along for the ride. In that context, I can totally understand him being a bit loose with it all - he knew as well as Axl (and the rest of the band) did that the show was going on with or without him, so he didn't matter so much at that point, and could turn up or not & wouldn't be missed. 

I hear what you're saying about Axl & Slash too - the 'if they can do it, the others can too' argument seems valid, but again - we don't know these guys as people. We don't know the reasons or the context or anything like that. Obviously it's great that these 2 people we've been fans of for years can get past their differences. Frankly - it'd have been none of our business if they never had. But it's cool that things are better, and we - as fans - get to benefit from that. But we really shouldn't presume that just because Axl, Slash & Duff are into this that Izzy would be too.

It sounds so simple - and it's definitely something I'd like to see too - but it's not like they owe us anything.  I don't think that just because the others are up for Izzy should suck it up & go along with it if he doesn't want to*

*and we don't even know if that is the case, because no one's telling us anything, but I think the point stands.

16 minutes ago, Ulnar said:

OK, I think we can all agree sobriety isn't part of the equation any more, but my point really boils down to 'we don't know'. We don't know these guys as people, only the stories they've told about each other & their own interviews / press over the years.

It's through these avenues that we've built up a picture of Axl as a crazy megalomaniac, or Izzy as unreliable etc.

What the history of the band up to the point Izzy left shows us was that he was there all the time, every gig - even came back to cover for Gilby for a couple of shows.

That to me says he's if he'd been in for the reunion for the long haul (or even these currently announced 6 shows), he'd have been reliable. In other words - if he was going to commit to this, the 'we don't know if he'll turn up to the next gig' argument is moot.
I know Axl's been quoted about Izzy being a bit flaky a few years back, but that was when he was a guest who was just along for the ride. In that context, I can totally understand him being a bit loose with it all - he knew as well as Axl (and the rest of the band) did that the show was going on with or without him, so he didn't matter so much at that point, and could turn up or not & wouldn't be missed. 

I hear what you're saying about Axl & Slash too - the 'if they can do it, the others can too' argument seems valid, but again - we don't know these guys as people. We don't know the reasons or the context or anything like that. Obviously it's great that these 2 people we've been fans of for years can get past their differences. Frankly - it'd have been none of our business if they never had. But it's cool that things are better, and we - as fans - get to benefit from that. But we really shouldn't presume that just because Axl, Slash & Duff are into this that Izzy would be too.

It sounds so simple - and it's definitely something I'd like to see too - but it's not like they owe us anything.  I don't think that just because the others are up for Izzy should suck it up & go along with it if he doesn't want to*

*and we don't even know if that is the case, because no one's telling us anything, but I think the point stands.

Slash and Axl understand it and they're doing. For big cash too. Same with Duff. Steven wants to do it for free. If it comes out that Izzy doesn't want to do it for any reason, it's just a pathetic excuse. If axl Rose was still holding on to a grudge with slash and refusing to do it, people would rip him to shreds. It is beyond ridiculous that Izzy gets a pass and an excuse to be selfish. I agree that we don't know much sadly and again I hope things change but for now, I can't see the logic of I read someone defending Izzy on not being there. They're sober, they'll make money and reconnect. He's making axl look pretty good right about now. 

The only way Izzy can really be seen as looking good on this one is if he wanted a little more $$$, and nothing drastic. Because then the focus will shift to pitman and why he's kept around knowing the cash spent on him could perhaps entice Izzy enough to come back

Edited by Billsfan

9 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Slash and Axl understand it and they're doing. For big cash too. Same with Duff. Steven wants to do it for free. If it comes out that Izzy doesn't want to do it for any reason, it's just a pathetic excuse.

I'm sure they ALL understand the magnitude of this. I don't think anything can be seen as pathetic if ANY of them didn't want to do it.

9 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

If axl Rose was still holding on to a grudge with slash and refusing to do it, people would rip him to shreds.

That's sort of what's been going on for 20 years....

11 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

It is beyond ridiculous that Izzy gets a pass and an excuse to be selfish.

Again - we don't know shit about the behind the scenes here, who says he's being selfish. We don't know the reasons. No one's giving anyone a pass for anything. All I'm saying is that we don't know anything about the reasons for or against OR IF ANYTHING WILL CHANGE BETWEEN NOW & APRIL & IZZY WILL BE THERE AFTER ALL. (personally, I'd like that to happen...)

12 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I can't see the logic of I read someone defending Izzy on not being there. They're sober, they'll make money and reconnect. He's making axl look pretty good right about now.

Well, I don't know about making anyone else look good or bad. Yeah, you're right - they'll all make money out of this - one way or another - and for the record I'm not defending him not being there, but nor am I bashing him for not being there. My personal preference would be to see the AFD Line Up - I'd be flying out to Vegas for that myself if that had been announced - but for whatever reason (it looks like) we're not going to get that. And let's be fair, no one owes us that.

For years I've seen people online demanding - DEMANDING - that Axl put the old band back together - as if it was solely his decision to make, as if it was something he OWED the fans. Neither of which are the case. I have to say you're sailing pretty close to that sort of way of thinking here - making Izzy out like the bad guy for not being involved isn't cool. It's no better than making Axl out as the bad guy for the last 20 years, or whatever it might be. I'll repeat this again - we know nothing. Specifically we know nothing behind the scenes.

Everything we are discussing - with the exception of Izzy announcing his non-involvement at this time - is pure speculation. That includes the motivations behind any decisions that may or may not have been made that we're guessing at.

9 minutes ago, Ulnar said:

I'm sure they ALL understand the magnitude of this. I don't think anything can be seen as pathetic if ANY of them didn't want to do it.

That's sort of what's been going on for 20 years....

Again - we don't know shit about the behind the scenes here, who says he's being selfish. We don't know the reasons. No one's giving anyone a pass for anything. All I'm saying is that we don't know anything about the reasons for or against OR IF ANYTHING WILL CHANGE BETWEEN NOW & APRIL & IZZY WILL BE THERE AFTER ALL. (personally, I'd like that to happen...)

Well, I don't know about making anyone else look good or bad. Yeah, you're right - they'll all make money out of this - one way or another - and for the record I'm not defending him not being there, but nor am I bashing him for not being there. My personal preference would be to see the AFD Line Up - I'd be flying out to Vegas for that myself if that had been announced - but for whatever reason (it looks like) we're not going to get that. And let's be fair, no one owes us that.

For years I've seen people online demanding - DEMANDING - that Axl put the old band back together - as if it was solely his decision to make, as if it was something he OWED the fans. Neither of which are the case. I have to say you're sailing pretty close to that sort of way of thinking here - making Izzy out like the bad guy for not being involved isn't cool. It's no better than making Axl out as the bad guy for the last 20 years, or whatever it might be. I'll repeat this again - we know nothing. Specifically we know nothing behind the scenes.

Everything we are discussing - with the exception of Izzy announcing his non-involvement at this time - is pure speculation. That includes the motivations behind any decisions that may or may not have been made that we're guessing at.

It's got nothing to do with entitlement by the fans. It's the fact, whether you like it or not, that certain people get what's going on. Some may be motivated by price and some are not. I'm not sure if this is Izzy distracting us all by the band in hopes of shocking us all with a huge surprise in Vegas, maybe nothing's been worked out yet. Maybe he's just being selfish. Sure we don't know but at some point you have to realize that since he's been willing to get on stage with everyone before even when slash and duff were separated from axl, there's no excuse not to do it now.

This isn't just complaining about axl not giving us what we want. It's the fact that this thing can't happen because Izzy is too paranoid to just do the tour, or the fact that him being the unreliable person he is has created this. We seriously just had a 70 plus ove thread of people, including myself, hoping izzys page was hacked and expecting that it was. Now we know it's him. He'd better be in Vegas. So yes, IT SURE AS HELL BETTER CHANGE. I could never imagine being Steven Adler and getting so close to this dream then Having it ripped away just because a former member doesn't like to tour or do interviews for reasons that don't completely add up.

57 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

It sucks if he doesn't play. I know he was never promised or advertised and all we had to go on was the word of our GNR-insiders (TM) but most of us have never seen the real deal live. Even many of us old timers only saw the UYI post Izzy/Steven shows. I'm sure the shows will be awesome but if it comes out that they wouldn't pay Izzy what he wanted,I think there will be a big backlash. If you read the comments on the GNR Facebook page or Ultimate Guitar,many of them are clamoring for Izzy/Steven so it isn't just Forum nerds that want them there.

Exactly I think there was a method to his madness. The general public wants as much as the Appetite five as humanly possible. Maybe this is Izzy's way of making that more clear to the guys. It does seem like from the context of his posts that he's at least open to playing with them again. Hopefully the guys take him up on that.

I find it odd that people think Izzy's non envolvement is selfish or pathetic, I can't help feeling that he must be in a difficult position.

If I look back 20+ years ago, I shared a house with 6 friends for 2 years, we drank to much, smoked to much, partied to much, probably all slept with each other. It was fun, but life takes over and we went our different ways. I am only in contact with one of them. I don't feel the need to get contact with the others, though I wish them well. 

Now I know there is no comparison but the point I'm trying to make is that just because he was there in the beginning, no matter how much a part of that magic he was, I do not feel he owes me anything now. 

He seems not to be motivated by money, he says in the past a reunion with all 5 guys would be fun, he obviously feels he does owe something to the fans otherwise he would not have created the twitter account.

I think the song choice says I'm not going to be dictated to, It seems a dig at Axl but could just as we'll be the whole machine. I hope that the situation is resolved or compromises met so Izzy feels comfortable enough to join the others with Steven on stage at some point in the future. He appears to be showing more integrity than anyone else right now. 

• Like 2

I think that discussing who is selfish here and who's not is missing the point. I don't believe anyone is doing it to please the fans, to be honest. They do it because they want to to do it. Because they loved and missed the real GNR (i.e. playing with each other, the atmosphere, the chemistry, the crowds, the excitement, whatever else), that's one thing, and obviously the money is encouraging too. Don't think our satisfaction or happiness is an important motivation behind this.

Axl and Slash always wanted it. It's pretty obvious. They couldn't do it beacause of the conflict between them. Once it was resolved nothing was stopping them anymore so they did what could be expected - went for it. And Izzy? Izzy wasn't in conflict with any of them but did he really want it? Is the excitement, the fans, the greatness, the full stadiums, the craziness really what he missed? Probably not. That's what he ran away from. So it's not necessairily fair to say if Axl and Slash could overcome their conflict Izzy should be doing this. They had their conflict that was stopping them, he has other reasons. And maybe those other reasons are still valid. Which is why he won't be jumping into it at any price and with excitement. Maybe he's rather reluctant and has many conditions or restrictions or demands that make the negotiations difficult. Who knows...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

there's no excuse not to do it now.

That sort of comment smacks of fan entitlement. There's always a *reason* to do or not do something. We don't know his reasons for doing or not doing this.

4 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

It's the fact that this thing can't happen because Izzy is too paranoid to just do the tour, or the fact that him being the unreliable person he is has created this.

There's no facts there, but you're throwing the word 'fact' around. This is kind of the point I was getting at. We don't know any facts. Speculation is all well and good, but don't throw 'facts' that are anything but around.

5 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I could never imagine being Steven Adler and getting so close to this dream then Having it ripped away just because a former member doesn't like to tour or do interviews for reasons that don't completely add up.

You know what? You're not the only person to think of Steven's desire since this has all come up. I honestly hope he is involved in some way, as I fear for his sobriety / health if he's been frozen out. Again, I'm sure all the others are aware how fragile this is and how Steven might end up if he's not been involved in some capacity. to be blunt, I don't think any of them would want him to OD or anything as a result of non-involvement. I know I'm kind of contradicting myself here as I am inferring that through my own speculation - but I think it's a fairly safe bet - and with that being the case, I'm pretty certain that's crossed Izzy's mind too. Who knows? Perhaps a situation has arisen in which Steven was being frozen out & Izzy's sitting it out in solidarity for Steve??? It wouldn't be any less a crazy theory than any other I've read on here. Would he still be selfish then? If he's sitting it out because he's worried that his old friend would OD & top himself if he was the only one left out? In that scenario, he's a full on good guy looking out for someone who's more fragile than himself.

For clarity, I'm not saying that I think that is the case. I'm just saying that there are all sorts of things flying about and we don't know anything at all. Selfish, Paranoid, Unreliable are all things that you're throwing at Izzy here. Indeed you saying 'He'd better be in Vegas' sounds like fan entitlement too.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to have a pop at you. I'm just trying to say that it's not as clear cut as "If Axl & Slash can mend bridges then we've a clear road to the Appetite Line Up". I wish it was. Honestly.

11 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

I think there was a method to his madness. The general public wants as much as the Appetite five as humanly possible. Maybe this is Izzy's way of making that more clear to the guys. It does seem like from the context of his posts that he's at least open to playing with them again.

A fine theory and I'd be delighted if these tweets helped bring them together for these shows. But one thing I don't doubt is that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM gets how big a deal this is. And not just Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven.

Matt, Gilby, Dizzy and all the people that have come through the band since MUST know how big this is / could be. Gilby's always being asked about it & he's always deferred to Izzy, saying that it was Izzy's gig to turn down & if Izzy wasn't in then he'd do it if asked. Matt has always deferred to Steven, but would be keen to do it if they could figure away for them both be involved. Even DJ's come out & said he'd love to see the original line up since he quit. Tommy too.

Personally, I wouldn't like to speculate on what brought 3 out of the 5 together again (though I'm sure Duff has something to do with it) but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the main reason we're (probably) getting a hybrid line up is that Axl appears to be fiercely loyal, and doesn't want to bail on the guys that have stuck with him for the last 10 years or so just to get the old band back together again. That's valid. I don't think it's right. I could argue that is more selfish than Izzy backing away, but I get why that might be the case. This whole thing is a bit of a precarious position for all involved. Slash is putting a successful solo career on hold for it, Duff is putting Loaded & Walking Papers and other (also successful) projects on hold for it. Axl is putting whatever his vision for new GNR to one side for it. It could all come to nothing, so on the one hand, I can't blame him for hedging his bets (if that is, indeed, what is happening).

On the other hand, I'd LOVE to see the Appetite Line up. That includes Izzy, and Steven. It just looks like this is not going to happen. Fair enough. I don't blame any individual for being selfish & stopping that. The GNR I was a fan of finished in the mid 90s. Anything we get now is a bonus. We'll always have the records.

Didn't Izzy pull out of Guns N' Roses in 1991 because he didn't want to deal with the monster the band had become?

Why does he care so much now? Did he really want to be part of a monster reunion?

Obviously, there are so many things we don't know about these guys. They contradict themselves all the time or maybe it is just their human nature kicking in but seriously, Izzy acting this weird way caught me by surprise. He was never like this. He never gave a damn about GN'R. He even joined Axl and nuGN'R on stage!!

Now he seems butthurt about something but the weirdest part of it is that he's making it public! That isn't his style.. which makes me think the guy's pretty pissed off and that ain't good.

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Didn't Izzy pull out of Guns N' Roses in 1991 because he didn't want to deal with the monster the band had become?

Why does he care so much now? Did he really want to be part of a monster reunion?

Obviously, there are so many things we don't know about these guys. They contradict themselves all the time or maybe it is just their human nature kicking in but seriously, Izzy acting this weird way caught me by surprise. He was never like this. He never gave a damn about GN'R. He even joined Axl and nuGN'R on stage!!

Now he seems butthurt about something but the weirdest part of it is that he's making it public! That isn't his style.. which makes me think the guy's pretty pissed off and that ain't good.

Most of that stuff was just a bunch of rumors.

From my understanding, Izzy quit doing drugs.  Once sober, touring didn't appeal to him anymore.  He literally had a "Is this all there is?" moment....and pretty much quit...shortly there after.

8 hours ago, Babooshka said:

I said this early on, but all anyone wanted to do was question the account. He has an issue with Axl.

First he posts this video

Now Izzy sings a cover of this song. Pay attention to the lyrics.

Something is going on. I don't think this is a case of Izzy not wanting to be involved. His wording about "as of this time" is telling.

He made a tweet about a song he recorded with Adler, who is the only other Guns member that he's mentioned.

Is he holding out for a full AfD 5 reunion? Adler did not show at the charity event with Slash.

Either way, the reason why he's opened this account is not just to clarify that he's not involved.

Things are happening behind the scenes, which have driven him to become more public imo.

100% agree with everything in this post.

The choice of song (Sunshine) was not an accident by any means.

I still think things could work themselves out for an appearance, but I suspect Izzy is holding out for a slot for Steven.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

From my understanding, Izzy quit doing drugs.  Once sober, touring didn't appeal to him anymore.  He literally had a "Is this all there is?" moment....and pretty much quit...shortly there after.

Not appealing when you have Axl and drug addicts/drunks surrounding you... try that for 2 years...

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Yeah but he knew the huge UYI tour would put him in touch with drugs all the time, so in part he quitting the GN'R monster is also related to his drugaddiction.

He didn't want to be part of Don't Cry either... He didn't like anything about the huge fame or else, once he quitted drugs, he could have returned with another big band but he has remained low profile for over 2 decades.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah but he knew the huge UYI tour would put him in touch with drugs all the time, so in part he quitting the GN'R monster is also related to his drugaddiction.

He didn't want to be part of Don't Cry either... He didn't like anything about the huge fame or else, once he quitted drugs, he could have returned with another big band but he has remained low profile for over 2 decades.

Maybe.  I don't think it's as complicated as you presume.  Izzy (from what I know) is a pretty simple and straightforward guy....he has a sort of dry sense of humor....but he's a simple dude.  He quit drugs and realized he really didn't like being on stage every night, with a bunch of wasted fans in front of him.

As for the popularity part....I don't think he minded that....he could dig being popular....for the "right" reasons.  I don't think he would have minded if his solo projects would have gone multi platinum....he probably would have loved it. lol

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:
14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

There is an interview with Slash that said it all. Cant find the snippet, but it was taken from below.

Edited by pacu44