Izzy Out.....

10 minutes ago, Amir said:

Izzy and Axl have had their falling-outs before. From a 2009 interview re: the 2006 shows with Izzy:

Axl Rose: A lot more reasons than I'll get into here now. Different reasons for each version and each individual. The Izzy bit was fun — and also fun because we didn't have to rely on him in any way, which is how he prefers things and works better for everyone. That said, you never knew if Izzy would be there or not or if he'd remember the song or decide to leave early. It didn't cause any problems, because we were doing our show regardless and didn't have to depend on anything, but it did open everyone's eyes a bit and blow minds.

He called, asked to come out and negotiated a deal with management that it's probably best that none of us knew about or the fun would've seemed a bit more like being used or taken advantage of spoiling the moment. As it was, we had a great time.

Izzy still ended up joining Axl for some 2012 shows. I'm sure they'll come to another agreement again during this tour, if not in time for the April shows. My guess from Izzy's tweets is that he was holding out for a reunion that included him and Adler as full members, and/or he wants to be paid the same as Slash and Duff. Axl has said before that he can't rely on Izzy or Adler for a full tour, and I think he also doesn't want to fire Frank or Fortus after all this time.

+1

his problem certainly has something to do with the line-up and/or money.

6 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I guess they would have paid him per song. Any Idea how much it could be? 

No clue, I only wish I was privy to the inner-working of GNR and be a certified GNR-InsiderTM! All I have to go on is publicly available interviews... :/ I doubt it would have been per song, it sounds like Axl's gripe might have been with how much Izzy commanded per show, but as usual I can't be sure.

59 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

After the izzy saga started Eddie Money came on here and said he was still being told izzy was going to be there so I'm going with that. Slash spent 6 months denying a reunion so maybe izzy is doing something similar. It would be great to see izzy up there but given it will probably only be for a few songs it won't take anything away from what will be a great night if he's not. It's the non involvement in a potential album izzy would be heavily missed. I still have faith in an Adler appearance somewhere   

You're going with 'insider' info from 'Eddie Money' (I know, I know - he seems legit & has been correct a lot, so I don't doubt his sincerity or that he's genuinely reporting back on what he's been told - but, to be fair, he's still a name on a screen to all intents...) over & above what Izzy himself (now confirmed to be definitely him, remember?) is saying directly, unambiguously and to the point here.

I'd go with what's coming direct from the horse's mouth, myself.

And - I know what you're saying about Slash denying it too, but step away from the internet whirlwind for a second. He didn't deny it, he never brought the subject up, when it was broached in interviews, he avoided the subject wherever possible. The closest he came to discussing a reunion of any kind was a sentence here or there to admit that he & Axl had rebuilt a few long-burned bridges in a couple of interviews. When asked directly.

I suppose you could point to the Vicky text - that's the only incident I can recall of him flat-out denying it rather than just brushing past the subject, and the very fact that she made that public should indicate WHY he denied it to her. But, prior to her posting that, it was a private denial between the two of them. 

Oh - and factor in as well the fact that Slash has been active on Twitter for several years and maintains a presence on it - even to this day - but has simply not discussed these events on there at all.

Izzy, who has had no social media presence whatsoever until a week ago has made a point of breaking cover & saying he's not involved. So, I'm taking that over 'insider' info. No disrespect meant to Eddie Money.

Of course, people will point to the 'at this point in time' wording of Izzy's - which is fair enough. We all know anything could happen in GNR land, and there's still a month or so to go. I guess we'll all see in 5 weeks' time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Amir said:

No clue, I only wish I was privy to the inner-working of GNR and be a certified GNR-InsiderTM! All I have to go on is publicly available interviews... :/ I doubt it would have been per song, it sounds like Axl's gripe might have been with how much Izzy commanded per show, but as usual I can't be sure.

Yeah I also assume that it would be per show, maybe the management would have told him that you need to play at least 3 songs per gig or something. 

In this case, I really don't know if money is the problem, like yeah its good to earn money, but from what I assume, Izzy lives a simple life, he has the money, he has done his investments and all, if he wanted to earn good cash, then he would have done more solo tours.

Maybe in this case he thinks that he equally wrote the songs, so why Slash and Duff are getting more money or maybe he just doesn't cares and doesn't wants to tour and as Axl and everyone says that Izzy just backs out at the last moment and he is not reliable at all. 

11 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Izzy Stradlin comes across as someone as erratic, unpredictable and about as (un?)reliable as Axl Rose

I totally disagree! He sounds like someone with a low tolerance to bullshit. If he didn't have to deal with the unpredictable drama that the band operated under he would probably have stayed in 1991 and be there now, but I think he refuses to deal with over complicated bullshit.

Everyone acts like he's so chilled as if this is his only possible state. Maybe he seems so chilled because he doesn't allow stress in. Maybe he finds it too stressful and no longer feels like himself?

Listen to the lyrics of 14 Years. He isn't someone who is unaffected by bullshit

Edited by GibsonLP
  • Like 3

Just now, GibsonLP said:

I totally disagree! He sounds like someone with a low tolerance to bullshit. If he didn't have to deal with the unpredictable drama that the band operated under he would probably have stayed 1991 and be there now, but I think he doesn't like dealing with over complicated bullshit

Yea, I fall into that line of thinking... Starting to give two shits about GNR again... Same feeling as I got in Nov 91....  Waiting for some good new Izzy material while GnR does some old covers...

I think Eddie Money was telling the truth at the time but I think the truth has changed since then. Maybe this isn't just Izzy telling us he isn't there, maybe this is also Izzy telling Axl he's not gonna be there...

Edited by GibsonLP

38 minutes ago, Ulnar said:

You're going with 'insider' info from 'Eddie Money' (I know, I know - he seems legit & has been correct a lot, so I don't doubt his sincerity or that he's genuinely reporting back on what he's been told - but, to be fair, he's still a name on a screen to all intents...) over & above what Izzy himself (now confirmed to be definitely him, remember?) is saying directly, unambiguously and to the point here.

I'd go with what's coming direct from the horse's mouth, myself.

And - I know what you're saying about Slash denying it too, but step away from the internet whirlwind for a second. He didn't deny it, he never brought the subject up, when it was broached in interviews, he avoided the subject wherever possible. The closest he came to discussing a reunion of any kind was a sentence here or there to admit that he & Axl had rebuilt a few long-burned bridges in a couple of interviews. When asked directly.

I suppose you could point to the Vicky text - that's the only incident I can recall of him flat-out denying it rather than just brushing past the subject, and the very fact that she made that public should indicate WHY he denied it to her. But, prior to her posting that, it was a private denial between the two of them. 

Oh - and factor in as well the fact that Slash has been active on Twitter for several years and maintains a presence on it - even to this day - but has simply not discussed these events on there at all.

Izzy, who has had no social media presence whatsoever until a week ago has made a point of breaking cover & saying he's not involved. So, I'm taking that over 'insider' info. No disrespect meant to Eddie Money.

Of course, people will point to the 'at this point in time' wording of Izzy's - which is fair enough. We all know anything could happen in GNR land, and there's still a month or so to go. I guess we'll all see in 5 weeks' time.

Got to agree about the slash thing I suppose denying wasn't the best word to use :lol:  Who knows maybe something has happened in recent days between izzy and the others and I should take izzy's word for it I'm just hoping he's just trying to keep quit about appearing. 5 weeks is a long time in GNR land lol 

6 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

It's a matter of time for ppl to say that Izzy is an impersonator.

Izzy looks and sound good, i don't mind if he's not the touring player, but he has to be on the new album.

Lol.  I can think of a couple posters who probably still think it's not really Izzy.

I wonder if Izzy only wanted to do a real reunion and not a half-assed one. You can't have Frank and Fortus and Pittman involved and sell it as a GnR reunion. And playing Coachella as one of the first gigs just screams "cash grab."

The most disappointing thing to hear is that he hasn't been in the studio with the band. 

What a weird forum/fan base GnR has. Several of our posters who said they have "inside" contacts have said that Izzy has been in the studio and that he was definitely going to be in Vegas. 

• Like 1

Sunshine go away today, I don't feel much like dancing
Some man's come he's trying to run my life, don't know what he's asking
When he tells me I better get in line, can't hear what he's saying
When I grow up, I'm gonna make him mine, these ain't dues I been paying

How much does it cost? 
I'll buy it! 
The time is all we've lost
I'll try it!
He can't even run his own life, 
I'll be damned if he'll run mine--sunshine

Sunshine, go away today, I don't feel much like dancing
Some man's come he's trying to run my life, don't know what he's asking
Working starts to make me wonder where fruits of what I do are going
When he says in love and war all is fair, he's got cards he ain't showing

How much does it cost? 
I'll buy it! 
The time is all we've lost--I'll try it!
He can't even run his own life, 
I'll be damned if he'll run mine--sunshine

Sunshine, come on back another day, 
I promise you I'll be singing
This old world, she's gonna turn around,
brand new bells will be ringing

The choice of song is really very telling, the dig with the Axl cover band, he's clearly not happy how things are playing out.

12 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Lol.  I can think of a couple posters who probably still think it's not really Izzy.

I wonder if Izzy only wanted to do a real reunion and not a half-assed one. You can't have Frank and Fortus and Pittman involved and sell it as a GnR reunion. And playing Coachella as one of the first gigs just screams "cash grab."

The most disappointing thing to hear is that he hasn't been in the studio with the band. 

What a weird forum/fan base GnR has. Several of our posters who said they have "inside" contacts have said that Izzy has been in the studio and that he was definitely going to be in Vegas. 

I don't think our "insiders" are giving out inaccurate information on purpose....my guess is that they are victims of the "whisper down the lane effect".  Could have started out as "Slash and Duff are in the studio recording new music and other members are expected to join them"......then..."Slash and Duff are recording new music and other members, Izzy, etc are expected to join them".

Then to....."Slash, Duff and Izzy are recording new music in the studio"

Something like that.....happens all the time with rumors.

As far as the Izzy situation goes....my best guess it has to do with legal stuff...how much he will make, how many dates, which dates, etc.....from my understanding, there are at least 5-6 (maybe more) main players involved....Axl's camp/managers/agent....Slash's camp/manager/agent......Duff's camp/managers/agent.....then agents/managers for the rest of the musicians.....and then the promoters/venue etc.

So getting them ALL to agree on everything takes time....a lot of time.  It's a lot more complicated than what everyone thinks.  It's not as easy as a band agreeing with a promoter to play a gig.  There are a half a dozen major players that all need to come into agreement for EVERYTHING. 

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Axl and Slash being on one stage.

Izzy making twitter and posting weird stuff

Steven Adler not saying a single word

No one knows what is even going on.

Its a pretty fun year to be a GNR fan lol 

At the moment, I hope they announce more shows and a lineup too. 

It really is a good time. Imagine if someone went back to two years ago and told you "Bumblefoot, Ashba, and Stinson are all gonna quit and Slash and Duff are rejoining as their replacements for a seemingly big tour in the mist of heavy reports of slash being in the studio for them too. Oh yeah and Steven is dead silent and not bitching for once so he's probably involved somehow also. Oh yeah and Izzy has a Twitter now and Pitman is gonna accidentally expose himself on social media for being the desperate prick he is and likely lose his spot in the band over it."

^if someone fortold me all of that in advance Id be over the roof!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Apollo said:

And it sounds like new music isn't coming anytime soon, even without Izzy.

They way i see things i am excited about Axl and Slash in the same stage again, but once i see them perform what's next? Here's my money to see you play again, but i saw NuGNR and they have done a nice job with the sound and everything else. At the end of the day for me it's all the same without new music.

A nice tour , for some fans, and for GNR pockets. But that's not what i want.

4 hours ago, Slash787 said:

I still think he will show up in Vegas or at some other show for some songs.

Great to see another thread of Izzy lol.

@Asia @tsinindy @emybdc @Philipm787 @Padme @Carlycosmos @Kasanova King @slash97 @bikka @vloors @Archtop @Italian girl @SerenityScorp You guys have become my Izzy family from now on lol. Just wanted to say that it was a great thread and Im sure most of us had fun speculating and discussing. I took all of it in a fun way, I know some people took it personally god knows why. Even If we were against or for it, we should thank ourselves cause we did actually motive Izzy to finally post a video. But yeah again thanks cause I did have a great time. Sorry If I missed out anyone. 

Oh. It was a great thread and I agree with you, we are like a family! :dance:

15 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

As far as the Izzy situation goes....my best guess it has to do with legal stuff...how much he will make, how many dates, which dates, etc.....from my understanding, there are at least 5-6 (maybe more) main players involved....Axl's camp/managers/agent....Slash's camp/manager/agent......Duff's camp/managers/agent.....then agents/managers for the rest of the musicians.....and then the promoters/venue etc.

So getting them ALL to agree on everything takes time....a lot of time.  It's a lot more complicated than what everyone thinks.  It's not as easy as a band agreeing with a promoter to play a gig.  There are a half a dozen major players that all need to come into agreement for EVERYTHING. 

Izzy has played with nuGNR for years, so the line-up not including all the original members has never been a major factor for him.

Steven has said he doesn't want full pay, and I expect him to still be involved in some way. As a guest at least.

There was always going to be an issue with Izzy and money. He's likely to not want to tour as a full member, but will he want to be paid as a full member, or close to. That is the question. He will want a sizeable bump on what he gets when he guests with nuGNR.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Well see, that's the problem.  "They" have never called it a reunion. Not one thing directly from the band ever uses that term.

and you don't know the reason this isn't working is Bc "obviously...Axl wanted to hang on Ferrar".  So it isn't obvious it's your opinion or speculation.

oh ok prophet!

thanks for clearing that up! can you give us the jackpot numbers too?

8 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

Izzy has played with nuGNR for years, so the line-up not including all the original members has never been a major factor for him.

Steven has said he doesn't want full pay, and I expect him to still be involved in some way. As a guest at least.

There was always going to be an issue with Izzy and money. He's likely to not want to tour as a full member, but will he want to be paid as a full member, or close to. That is the question. He will want a sizeable bump on what he gets when he guests with nuGNR.

ok, but why else has he posted the lniks of bad GNR cover bands the day he posted the statement!?

Gotta read between the lines a bit and process the obvious.

when he played with Axl cover band, he played a few tracks with a cover band, this is different now with Slash, Duff, Axl.

Just gonna copy and paste what I said elsewhere. My guess is that he was getting paid and treated the same as the other bottom feeders in the band that aren't Axl, Slash, and Duff. Izzy probably felt he deserved more (and you're damn skippy he does), and told them all to suck a dick. That's the only logical reason why he'd turn something of this magnitude down. He's played with all their projects before, and has always indicated he'd be down if a reunion ever happened. And from what he's been tweeting, it seems like they've at least offered. Just nothing compared to what the trio are getting.

Soo fucking down about this. Hoping this is some scheme to get those shit heads to come to their senses or something. I couldn't care less about Steven either way; but they NEED Izzy at least in a studio capacity.

God damn it :facepalm: