Izzy Out.....

It's good that he decided to clarify that this is him, but really we still don't know jack.   Why is it so hard for anyone associated with this band to communicate with the fans.  While I appreciate his minimal effort, he could have given us some detail as to if he was asked or if he just doesn't want to and if his relationship with Axl is still good.  He really has been the only member to really never have any serious issues with Axl so I would think he still would be on good terms.  He did just play with them in 14.  It is about time that a press conference is held, the fans deserv it.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I still think he will show up in Vegas or at some other show for some songs.

Great to see another thread of Izzy lol.

@Asia @tsinindy @emybdc @Philipm787 @Padme @Carlycosmos @Kasanova King @slash97 @bikka @vloors @Archtop @Italian girl @SerenityScorp You guys have become my Izzy family from now on lol. Just wanted to say that it was a great thread and Im sure most of us had fun speculating and discussing. I took all of it in a fun way, I know some people took it personally god knows why. But yeah again thanks cause I did have a great time. Sorry If I missed out anyone. 

Same here!!! I hope to see everyone from the other thread posting here too. At moments things got a little heated over there but it's all good, there were some fun times also lol

I don't know why but I have this persistent feeling Izzy's gonna show up in Vegas.

• Like 2

Everyone needs to remember this is Izzy....very laid back, unpredictable. He does what he wants regardless of what others want or think he should do. I don't think he will stress one way or the other. I'm sure he still feels the same way about huge venue tours as he did way back when. Doesn't want stress and wants the freedom to come and go as he pleases and that's just what he will do. He will pop up here and there. If he gets bored he will dissappear. I'm cool with exactky how he plays his cards. He will show up at some point...

12 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

BS. Why should it fall apart? Axl, Slash and Duff have agreed to do it. They need a drummer and a second guitarist. Anyone can do that. Izzy and Steven supposedly being pissed is not gonna derail that.

But if the bullshit becomes too much for Slash as it did before, he's not adverse to walking out

1 hour ago, theconspirator said:

Personally I'm very disappointed but glad I didn't buy tickets to Vegas. I live on the East coast, so Vegas would be a big trip, and I wasn't going to go unless I knew it was the original 5. For me, I'm a big Slash fan and I'm extremely upset he decided to rejoin. In Slash's book and in countless interviews when asked about a reunion he'd say something along the lines of only if the original guys wanted to do it. I guess the divorce changed his mind. I'd rather see Slash with Myles Kennedy instead of the hybrid. The magic won't be there without Izzy and Steve. 

I did by tickets but I am also very disappointed in Slash for the same reasons.. Duff too.. They are going against everything they ever said..

18 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

@Asia @tsinindy @emybdc @Philipm787 @Padme @Carlycosmos @Kasanova King @slash97 @bikka @vloors @Archtop @Italian girl @SerenityScorp You guys have become my Izzy family from now on lol. Just wanted to say that it was a great thread and Im sure most of us had fun speculating and discussing. I took all of it in a fun way, I know some people took it personally god knows why. Even If we were against or for it, we should thank ourselves cause we did actually motive Izzy to finally post a video. But yeah again thanks cause I did have a great time. Sorry If I missed out anyone. 

Well, It seems There's an Avocado Party today!! 

So He didnt make more albums all this time because of avocado farming, huh.......

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I did by tickets but I am also very disappointed in Slash for the same reasons.. Duff too.. They are going against everything they ever said..

People change.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sprite said:

First, don't forget Izzy said "At this point in time, I've no involvement". So don't give up hope yet, things can change as you said.

Second, it's amazing what our minds find to have issue with. 5 years ago, the thought of ever seeing Slash and Axl back together was a pipe dream and it held no merit in reality. So the fact that it's happening and we still have naysayers, is not surprising. Slash and Axl are Guns N Roses to 95% of people who know Guns N Roses. I'm talking general fan base here. Forums are tough to get an accurate radar on this due to the likelihood that if you join a band forum, you are probably a little more into the band than most. I don't think my brother, who loves Guns n Roses, gives a darn about Izzy being there. He wants Axl and Slash. I think Joey Kramer is a great drummer. I even read his book. But as a big, but still casual Aerosmith fan, it wouldn't have effected me if I didn't see him with Steven Tyler and Joe Perry in 2012.

The people upset about Izzy reminds me of the story about the non conforming sparrow who decided not to fly south for the winter.  However, soon the weather turned so cold, that he reluctantly started to fly south. In a short time, ice began to form on his wings and he fell to a barnyard, almost frozen. A cow passed and crapped on the sparrow. The sparrow thought it was the end, but the manure warmed him and defrosted his wings. Warm and happy now, able to breathe, he began to sing. Just then, a large cat came by, and hearing the singing and chirping, investigated the sounds. The cat cleared away the manure, found the chirping bird, and promptly ate him!

Moral of the story:

1)Everyone who shits on you is not necessarily your enemy

2)Everyone who gets you out of shit is not necessarily your friend

3)If your warm and happy in a pile of shit, keep your mouth shut.

I wish more fans were a little more excited that we get to see the main staples of GNR back together again. Izzy not wanting to be involved doesn't make the other 3 the enemy. Time makes us forget the not too distant past of that not having the slightest chance of happening. Just be happy with what we have. At the very least, Uncle Axl traded DJ and Bumblefoot for Slash, and Stinson for Duff. If you didn't like nugnr, you should be happier now than what we've seen recently. Life is too short to complain about things you can't control. I for one am excited to see the band. We'll call it the NuOriginal GNR.

Too bad I'm out of like!!!!!!

• Like 1

Vegas will be fine/kick ass.  Izzy was never promised to us anyway, only Slash, Duff n Axl.  Bring in Gilby and it'll be good.  I can't wait.  And I'm still not crossing Izzy off as 100% out, he's just out 'at  this time'. 

Edited by Original
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Same here!!! I hope to see everyone from the other thread posting here too. At moments things got a little heated over there but it's all good, there were some fun times also lol

I don't know why but I have this persistent feeling Izzy's gonna show up in Vegas.

Just for the sake of argument let's say that Izzy agrees to show up in Vegas. I don't see him keeping that secret, not after this whole twitter saga. If he doesn't make it public by the end of this month I just don't see it happening. He even told RS magazine that he won't be involved in the April shows. Later on for the U.S. Tour I see that more of a possibility than Vegas or Coachella

Just now, Padme said:

Just for the sake of argument let's say that Izzy agrees to show up in Vegas. I don't see him keeping that secret, not after this whole twitter saga. If he doesn't make it public by the end of this month I just don't see it happening. He even told RS magazine that he won't be involved in the April shows. Later on for the U.S. Tour I see that more of a possibility than Vegas or Coachella

I totally agree with you! I think he wouldn't go out of his way to create a twitter account to lie to us and "at this point in time" he really has no involvement.
Like I've said, it's just a feeling or wishiful thinking.

4 minutes ago, Original said:

Vegas will be fine/kick ass.  Izzy was never promised to us anyway, only Slash, Duff n Axl.  Bring in Gilby and it'll be good.  I can't wait.  And I'm still not crossing Izzy off as 100% out, he's just out 'at  this time'. 

I would say there is almost zero demand or chance of Gilby being part of it.. Maybe at some point but Gilby doing a song or two doesn't even come close to the loss of Izzy.. I do think having him there full time over Fortus would be better but that will never happen. 

15 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Wanna sell them for a poor brazilian girl who's desperate for Vegas tickets at a fair price?:lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would say there is almost zero demand or chance of Gilby being part of it.. Maybe at some point but Gilby doing a song or two doesn't even come close to the loss of Izzy.. I do think having him there full time over Fortus would be better but that will never happen. 

I'd be totally ok with Izzy not being involved if it was on his terms.  Like he just isn't interested or doesn't want to...or whatever.

That doesn't seem to be the case however and that's what kinda gets me pissed about it really.  He's a god damn co-founder of the band and deserves to be there as much as anybody in my opinion....even if it's just as a guest or for a few songs.  AFD isn't the record it is without the five dudes that recorded it. They all deserve to be a part of this if they want.   

33 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

@Asia @tsinindy @emybdc @Philipm787 @Padme @Carlycosmos @Kasanova King @slash97 @bikka @vloors @Archtop @Italian girl @SerenityScorp You guys have become my Izzy family from now on lol. Just wanted to say that it was a great thread and Im sure most of us had fun speculating and discussing. I took all of it in a fun way, I know some people took it personally god knows why. Even If we were against or for it, we should thank ourselves cause we did actually motive Izzy to finally post a video. But yeah again thanks cause I did have a great time. Sorry If I missed out anyone. 

Totally agreed. Nice post :)

As for Izzy, I don't think him having a problem with Axl means anything as far as the three and their relations are concerned. I'd say it all probably had to do with the money and commitment, Axl, Slash and Duff would probably want more commitment on the part of Izzy and Izzy probably wanted less commitment and possibly more money they were willing to give. This problem must have been there from the start since Izzy was never included in any announcement or add.

Plus when was the last time we saw Izzy participating in something big? He backed out of VR as well. I guess he just doesn't want to do big tours and will always find reasons to stay out of them in the end.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

But if the bullshit becomes too much for Slash as it did before, he's not adverse to walking out

I assume they have a contract. And I assume it is written in that contract that players cannot just walk away without having to pay a hefty fee. And I assume Slash is adverse to pay a fine for nothing. So those now announced shows should be good. What happens beyond is a different question though.

Since the other topic has been locked could one of the mods maybe put Izzys video and a link to his Twitter in the first post since it has now been confirmed and not everyone will see the old topic when it quickly drops off the first page? :)

I find Izzys choice of song very interesting, and also his YO SOL AXL ROSE tweet, and his Do You Love Me (w. Adler) tweet :popcorn:

Edited by downliner
  • Like 2

I think something went down between them for Izzy not to be a part of this, since he's already participated at other concerts with Axl. It's weird that he's not following any of the GnR members on twitter. Not that that's a big thing, but maybe it means something.

@downliner any thoughts on this?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I'd be totally ok with Izzy not being involved if it was on his terms.  Like he just isn't interested or doesn't want to...or whatever.

That doesn't seem to be the case however and that's what kinda gets me pissed about it really.  He's a god damn co-founder of the band and deserves to be there as much as anybody in my opinion....even if it's just as a guest or for a few songs.  AFD isn't the record it is without the five dudes that recorded it. They all deserve to be a part of this if they want.   

Yeah, it appears that there were too many terms, conditions and legal bullshit to deal with.. Maybe Lawyers are still working it out.. Who knows...

I guess he said he doing nothing with GNR because he won't be there full time. He can just do a few songs for a few shows. He won't be hired legally by Axl, Slash and Duff like how the other members will be. He will be just a "guest" and I guess they will work behind the scenes that how much Izzy will get per show or per song. 

I really don't know what the case of Adler would be cause if he is there, I hope he is there full time. I got nothing against Izzy, but Izzy has a tendency to back out and maybe he himself doesn't wants to be there.