New Alan Niven interview

4 hours ago, Mr. Dude said:

Yeah, but they didn't go headline stadium tours all over the world until Goldstein took over. I do admit though that Axl dumping Niven at that time was akin to Tommy Gunn dropping Rocky Balboa as hs manager to get to the championship gold quicker.

I don't know if parting ways with Niven was a good or bad idea, but going with Goldstein sure didn't help intraband relations.  I don't blame Axl for wanting to dump Niven. By all accounts Axl and Niven had a mutual hatred for each other. I think most people would want to get away from their manager if they had that kind of relationship. I just don't know enough about the who thing to know if it made business sense.

25 minutes ago, Apollo said:

The leap of logic is your assumption you know what someone is thinking. That you know what motivates these unique individuals in making a really big decision. All three of them could very well have different motivations. Unless they talk, or you are psychic, we don't know. I am not bothered by people saying it is for money. What got me debating with you is that you put that these points you throw out are proof your speculation of it being all about the money and it is not true. You do not have proof. 

Yes it is absolutely true that they are not as successful or popular apart. That does not necessarily lead to this regrouping being 99% about the money. It could just as easily be argued, using those same points that you listed, that they are missing the ego rush of being on the stage and wanted by larger audiences and the regrouping is 99% about the ego rush/fame. The drawing in millions could be appreciated simply as validation that they are wanted and it appropriately feed their thirsty egos. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Apollo said:

So......they aren't doing it for a money grab - even tho the big three will make tremendous amounts of money (Duff probably made $3,000 a show for Loaded and now is probably getting upwards of $500,000. Lol, sure. Money has nothing to do with it).

But if they aren't doing it for money or for "any other thing".......then why are they doing it? Just random chance or....."any other thing" eliminates all other obvious guesses. I'm so confused. According to you, they aren't doing this huge crazy regrouping for "any" reason at all. 

Exactly, that's just it. They got back together to try stuff out IMO. I doubt there's any glorious reasoning or huge commitment to do anything despite fans hoping there is. With commitment comes pressure. We all know how people or certain people react when forced to do things. Especially if they are not 100% comfortable with it. Over time i hope it changes and we get a tour, album etc. 

It could fall apart before it gets going just as much as it could be the best show ever. But that's what keeps us all interested and keeps things unpredictable. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Apollo said:

Seriously? Wide leaps of logic?

Lets get to the basics. 

Why would or wouldn't GnR regroup a decade ago. 

2003 VR forms. 2004 they release their first album, which goes to number one on the charts. Produces a couple hit singles. And earns them a Grammy. And sells four million copies.  All things that CD didn't do, by the way  

2007 they release fhe follow up album. 

Why would Slash and Duff walk away from that? At this point they are more successful than Axl and current GnR. 

Axl starts touring CD songs as far back as 2002 and planning the release of his solo GnR album which he hopes will "bury Appetite" and he wants it to be his white album. He hates the old guys, mainly Slash, and is out to prove the world that he is the king and Slash is a cancer and GnR would be better off if Slash had never been around. 

CD takes 14 years and 13 million dollars to produce and release. Axl would have absolutely been falling on the sword and admitting defeat if he fired his entire new band (before releasing the mythical CD) and brought Slash and Duff. Mentally would he have survived?

Axl tours CD songs and finally releases fhe album in 2008. It debuts at #3, gets decent reviews, sells 3.5 million copies and allows Axl to embark on several profitable tours

There is no way that Axl fires his band and slinks back to Slash at anytime before 2012. 

Slash renounds from VR and releases a solo album in 2010.  This albums is a dream come true for Slash as he gets to record with icons like Ozzy, Lemmy and Iggy Pop. Chart wise this album debuts at number three, same as CD  

Slash re-enters fhe studio on 2012 to release an album with Myles. Axl is still having some pretty successful touring with GnR. 

While fans are STILL waiting for CD2, Slash releases another album in 2014 that actually receives strong critical reviews. They headline some tours and also open for hall of gamers Aerosmith.

Gnr does another successful residency.

Leaps of logic? You tell me anything that isn't factual in this post. That absolutely shows why they didn't reunite during the last ten years. 

Logically, regrouping made no sense for Axl or Slash between 2002 and 2014. Absolutely no sense to reunite  

2015 through today?

Axl had three members quit his band. If he released CD2 this year he would tour it with half a band that didn't write and record it. And how much demand was there for a new Richard Fortus GNR album that was written by guys who hadn't even been in GnR for a decade?

Loaded is a regional club band. They couldn't sell 200 tickets to a show anywhere besides Seattle. 

Slash's touring numbers have been decreasing. From selling out 14,000 seat arenas in 2013/14 to playing 2,000-8,000 in 2015.

Does Axl and three new band members, not supporting a new album, headline Coachella in 2016?

Does Slash, with a new Conspirators album, get paid 3-7 million dollars to headline shows on 2016?

Rumors are GnR is asking 3 million bucks for shows and that they received 26 million dollars for the Coachella and first two Vegas shows. 

Connect the dots, bro.

They didn't regroup during the last 15 years because they were all knee deep in other fairly successful projects.

2016 makes perfect sense. Axl's new GnR has basically self destructed. Slash just finished touring his last solo tour. Loaded is a regional club band. They could ride the coarse......make a few bucks......or regroup and make 3-to-10 million dollars each for six shows. And maybe 25-50 million dollars each for a long world tour.  Loaded would be playing to 100 people a night. Slash to 2000-5000 a night. GnR hires three more new guys and does another Vegas residency to 3000 a show.  OR tour the world and make tens of millions of dollars.

If this was a true reunion and wasn't about the money then Izzy and Adler would be there instead of Frank and Fortus, and they wouldn't be playing Coachella and having media silence.

Most of your numbers are right but just in fairness and for the record:

Slash's touring numbers didn't really increased. He headlined the U.S. in 2015 and everybody knows how the North American market is. He did well before in South America and did even better later in Asia in the same year.

Of course this reunion is still on another level. 

But then again, a reunion before ten years would be way more profitable than what the guys did at the time. 

To Alan: TBH, I used to believe his words and I was daimn happy as Niven stated Izzy is involved in the reunion and that he did some songwriting with the band. 

All I know now is, Niven is talking out of his ass.

So if Izzy isn't lying to his fanbase, what is highly unlikely, then it's a fact that Niven doesn't know shit. 

Not that I disagree with everything he said in this interview. Izzy is necessary and equal important in a successful reunion as Axl and Slash are. 

But the truth is, at this point we just don't know what's going on there. All we know by now is, Axl, Slash and Duff will reunite for 6 shows and make a bunch of money.

We don't know if it's solely for the money. We don't know whose involved in full time for this reunion except of the big three. We don't know how they reconciled. How long the tour will be. How much money the guys get and what percentage everyone gets. All that is PURE SPECULATION  at this point in time. 

What if Axl called Slash to talk or the other way around. What if they met somewhere by coincidence, cleared their differences and decided to try it once again? 

Is anybody here who can say for sure all this is entirely for the money?

Let's wait and see what happens next.

• Like 1