Is Axl the best frontman of all time?

14 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Greatest frontman ever, anyone out there a better dancer than that?  Anyone else sing better, work a crowd better?  There is literally a constant on-going scream throughout this fuckin' video, the man is mesmerising.  Couple that with the fact that, if the archetype of the 20th Century frontman is somewhere between Mick Jagger and Michael Jackson, and both those guys stole half their shit from Mr Brown, i think it becomes clear where the bigger dick is at.

Sweet Jesus.  What a frontman.  Axl is a cheap shoe compared to the Godfather of soul.

17 minute of pure of awesomeness.  Nipples are hard as stones right now.

Thank you for sharing that.

15 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Sweet Jesus.  What a frontman.  Axl is a cheap shoe compared to the Godfather of soul.

17 minute of pure of awesomeness.  Nipples are hard as stones right now.

Thank you for sharing that.

Brown was great, but I see nothing in that video to make me think Axl was a "cheap shoe" compared to him. Axl was the real deal and so was Brown. That is all you can ever ask for from a performer.

Put it this way, even a 54 year old Axl Rose with a broken foot can change people's opinions of him by a couple of crowd footage YouTube videos based on his vocal abilities alone. That's impressive, especially in the social media age of people used to being extrememly critical to the point of bullying. In spite of thr constant hate and almost, built in negative associations with the mention of his name for over 2 decades. People forget all that when they hear him and see him perform and are still blown away by his abilities. If that isn't influential then I don't know what is.

Also, he's managed to stay current without even speaking to the media. Insane.

• Like 1